Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/8/2005 4:44:13 AM EDT
Last night I'm just sitting down to dinner when the doorbell rings.  It was a couple of granola sprout eating chicks with noserings collecting for Pro-Choice America.  They wanted support and money and blah blah blah.  I told 'em "Wait one minute."  I then yelled my daughter's name.  She's two and a half years old, and immediately came running from the dinner table to see what daddy was up to.  I hoisted her into my arms, turned to them and said,

"You know, I used to believe in what you guys believe.  Freedom of choice and all that.  But this little girl wasn't part of any plan that I had.  But I made a decision and now here she is.  Do you think I can give you any money?"

The one turned to the other, shook her head, and they both walked away without a word.  I wonder if they stopped at any other houses after that?  

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:45:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Way to go!  

+1 for you and your daughter.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:45:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Wow, that was perfect.  I would have just told them to buzz off and then thought of that half an hour later.  You did great.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:46:45 AM EDT
[#3]

first post I read today, couldn't of asked for a better one
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:48:10 AM EDT
[#4]
good job !!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:48:32 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It was a couple of granola sprout eating chicks with noserings collecting for Pro-Choice America.  They wanted support and money and blah blah blah.

They do look like that! Do you know why they support abortion? They're jealous. They know they're never getting any, and will be incapable of raising a child to adulthood if they do.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:50:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Good response but i would have just drawn down on them.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:50:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Well said and well done sir!!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:52:18 AM EDT
[#8]

I guess I would feel the same way.  I don't think I could ever let my pregnant gf/wife have an abortion.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:53:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Lord help the baby killers if they come to my door looking for money. They will get the ass chewing of their life.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:55:51 AM EDT
[#10]
You're a good Dad.  Keep it up!  
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:59:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:59:54 AM EDT
[#12]
I dont give money to anybody knocking at my door I tell them to get lost
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:01:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Hah!  VERY well done!  
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:08:45 AM EDT
[#14]
RIGHT ON

the doc told my mom when she was pregnant with me that due to an illness she had at the time, she should abort to avoid the chance of me being born braindead.  23 years, a wife and bachelors degree (well almost) later, I should make an appointment to speak with that doc.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:15:18 AM EDT
[#15]
I would have paid a considerable amount of money to see their faces after that one.

Chances are, they really didn't care
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:17:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:23:34 AM EDT
[#17]
- Nicely done sir.  

I don't agree with everything on the pro-life side but there is no way in hell I'm donating money to pro-choice side either.  After seeing abortion clinics, I am convinced the people that run them are ghoules in human form.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:24:06 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Good response but i would have just drawn down on them.

+1 All the while asking them if they are SO pro-choice that they believe in RETROACTIVE abortions!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:26:12 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I guess I would feel the same way.  I don't think I could ever let my pregnant gf/wife have an abortion.

Let?  Dude, you have no choice in the matter.  Sad but true.

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:28:08 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It was a couple of granola sprout eating chicks with noserings collecting for Pro-Choice America.  They wanted support and money and blah blah blah.

They do look like that! Do you know why they support abortion? They're jealous. They know they're never getting any, and will be incapable of raising a child to adulthood if they do.

That or they were just raising money to party with... Around here all the teenage girls have figured out they can get free money if they pick some charity and go around for a while.   It got so bad last year the local PD sent flyers out warning folks of the scam.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:29:45 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Let?  Dude, you have no choice in the matter.  Sad but true.

+1.  WTF choice do you have in the matter, is the fetus growing in your uterus.  I don't think so.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:30:06 AM EDT
[#22]

I have never heard of pro-choice people going door-to-door.

Anyone else ever run into that?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:30:47 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
RIGHT ON

the doc told my mom when she was pregnant with me that due to an illness she had at the time, she should abort to avoid the chance of me being born braindead.  23 years, a wife and bachelors degree (well almost) later, I should make an appointment to speak with that doc.

No kidding!

God help the doctor that ever suggests to my wife that she get an abortion.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:38:11 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
RIGHT ON

you may have survived but we haven't ruled out the brain dead issue just yet

I knew that was coming
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:39:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Even though I am pro-life, I give money to them.  Let them kill them now or otherwise you will have to shoot them for looting later.

Bumper sticker:

"Go ahead, have an abortion, the world needs less people like you."
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:42:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Let's get our terminology straight...

The people you talked to are PRO-ABORTION, they are anything but pro-CHOICE.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:43:33 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Even though I am pro-life, I give money to them.  Let them kill them now or otherwise you will have to shoot them for looting later.

Bumper sticker:

There is actually a VERY compelling argument that the drop in crimes rates over the last few decades is a direct result of legalized abortion.

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:45:24 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Bumper sticker:

Actually that's pretty funny.  I would not advocate anyone having an abortion though.   Patty *ETA* Good job Beleg!  Patty
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:03:32 AM EDT
[#29]
I see your a fine person that take care of your offspring but let me paint you a picture that happens a hundred times everyday.

Originally Posted Welfare queen Crackhead Betty :
Last night I'm just sitting down smoke a rock when the doorbell rings.  It was a couple of granola sprout eating chicks with noserings collecting for Pro-Choice America.  They wanted support and money and blah blah blah.  I told 'em "Wait one minute."  I then yelled my daughter's name.  She's two and a half years old, but she was hiding in the closet because everytime I call her name that means she gonna get a whack upside the head so she's a afraid to see what mommy was up to. So I went and grabbed her by the hair and dragged her to the door. I hoisted her into my arms, turned to them and said, " For a 20 bucks or a crack rock you can have her for an hour. " Then I told them
"You know, I used to believe in what you guys believe.  Freedom of choice and all that.  But this little girl wasn't part of any plan that I had.  I didnt make any decisions and now here she is. She ruined my life, I wish she was never born. Do you think I can give you any money, because I anit got none ?"

The one turned to the other, shook her head, and they both walked away without a word.  I wonder if they stopped at any other houses after that?  

This is the OTHER side of the coin. I cant stop it you cant stop it all we can do is hope the welfare system finds that abused kid and gets her help BEFORE she turns into her mother.
If lesson of the past teach us anything it is she will turn out like her mother unless she gets help. Anybody here work with crack head mothers cause I sure dont. Anybody here want to PAY for rehab for the crackhead mother. I sure dont.

Thats great YOU love your kid but dont fool yourself not everybody is like you.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:07:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Good job!  I have one on the way that wasn't planned either.  I guess the pro-abortion critters think I need to kill her now.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:12:38 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I had Greenpeace come by once.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:15:47 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I see your a fine person that take care of your offspring but let me paint you a picture that happens a hundred times everyday.

Last night I'm just sitting down smoke a rock when the doorbell rings.  It was a couple of granola sprout eating chicks with noserings collecting for Pro-Choice America.  They wanted support and money and blah blah blah.  I told 'em "Wait one minute."  I then yelled my daughter's name.  She's two and a half years old, but she was hiding in the closet because everytime I call her name that means she gonna get a whack upside the head so she's a afraid to see what mommy was up to. So I went and grabbed her by the hair and dragged her to the door. I hoisted her into my arms, turned to them and said, " For a 20 bucks or a crack rock you can have her for an hour. " Then I told them
"You know, I used to believe in what you guys believe.  Freedom of choice and all that.  But this little girl wasn't part of any plan that I had.  I didnt make any decisions and now here she is. She ruined my life, I wish she was never born. Do you think I can give you any money, because I anit got none ?"

This is the OTHER side of the coin. I cant stop it you cant stop it all we can do is hope the welfare system finds that abused kid and gets her help BEFORE she turns into her mother.
If lesson of the past teach us anything it is she will turn out like her mother unless she gets help. Anybody here work with crack head mothers cause I sure dont. Anybody here want to PAY for rehab for the crackhead mother. I sure dont.

There is no good reason to kill a baby in the womb (except for saving the life of the mother, etc), no matter how you paint the picture, period.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:15:52 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I had Greenpeace come by once.

Now THAT would piss me off !!     Those guys are evil.

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:19:56 AM EDT
[#34]
So you had the option to have an abortion, and chose not to.

Isn't that being pro-choice by default?

Google 'Levitt and Donohue'- makes for interesting reading. I heard the guy interviewed on NPR the other week and what he says makes sense.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:49:29 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
So you had the option to have an abortion, and chose not to.

Isn't that being pro-choice by default?

Google 'Levitt and Donohue'- makes for interesting reading. I heard the guy interviewed on NPR the other week and what he says makes sense.

Pro-choice is doublespeak to mask what it really stands for.  It is a euphamism, like "dynamic entry" is a euphamism for busting a door down, in order not to elicit a negative emotional response.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:06:26 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Bumper sticker:

That is FUNNY!

Beleg,
Good job! You are certainly more tactful than the Tacticalman!

I had a MoveOn.org idiot stop by my house one time. I was sitting at a table and he introduced himself through the screen across the room. "Hi! I'm with MoveOn.org, yadda yadda and I would like to talk to you about.." I said "You're with WHO!!??" "MoveOn.org" "YOU F@KKING COMMUNIST! YOU GET OFF MY PROPERTY RIGHT NOW!!!!" As I started running towards him.

Not only did he leave my property, he got in his car and left the neighborhood!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:15:07 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

+1  Unfortunately for the anti-choice ppl there's no room for logic like this.  Obstinance overrides any open-mindedness.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:16:22 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Let's get our terminology straight...

The people you talked to are PRO-ABORTION, they are anything but pro-CHOICE.

this is an inherently wrong statement.  By negating an option you necessarily remove choice.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:17:50 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
That or they were just raising money to party with... Around here all the teenage girls have figured out they can get free money if they pick some charity and go around for a while.   It got so bad last year the local PD sent flyers out warning folks of the scam.

And here I was thinking American girls weren't smart. Wow, those girls were probably looking for some sucker to give them pot money.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:21:21 AM EDT
[#40]
I'll be pro-choice when the baby gets to choose whether to live or die.  Pro-choice doesn't give a choice to the baby.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:31:04 AM EDT
[#41]
Good job.

Next time put a boot in their poopers and - duh - post pics.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:37:10 AM EDT
[#42]
I guess they weren't happy with the choice YOU made.

Kudos to you for handling the situation with class.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:38:06 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Lord help the baby killers if they come to my door looking for money. They will get the ass chewing of their life.

Which is your right, but the worst possible way for you to behave if you actually want to change their hearts and minds.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:41:25 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Actually all you have to do is quit using your legs as a swinging door and you don't have to worry about it one way or the other. There is a cure for pregnancy, it's called morals. And all guys have to do is let the big head think instead of the small one doing it for you. And FWIW I and all the rest of the kids in our family are adopted so I am the other side of a non abortion. We are all very happy to be alive.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:11:42 AM EDT
[#45]
 I needed that today...
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:17:51 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

And with the state of law in this Nation you have NO choice.  A woman can choose to have her unborn child killed and you have no say.  A woman can choose to have a child you do not want and force you to pay child support for 18+ years and you have NO choice.

I thought it was all about choice with those shitty Liberals?  I am not sure we will ever outlaw abortion in this Country, but those opposing it should try.  Elect pro-life polititians.  Demand they appoint pro-life Judges etc....

It is a National disgrace that we have so many of our babies killed in this Country every year, even before they are born.  If you don't know I am anti-abortion. (anti killing of babies) I do support a persons right to be pro baby killing if that is the flag they want to wrap themselves in.  I just can not understand why anyone would want to kill their own child.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:22:11 AM EDT
[#47]
I'm pro mind my own business.

It's so much easier. Let them and God sort it out.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:47:41 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

There is actually a VERY compelling argument that the drop in crimes rates over the last few decades is a direct result of legalized abortion.

Crime is directly correlated to the size of the population in the 12-25 age bracket.  The drop in crime is due to a decline in that age bracket.  There will be a rise in crime in the coming years as that age bracket is predicted to increase.  

I wouldn't go as far as to say the drop in crime is the direct result of legalized abortion. Legal abortion does have an impact on population size,   but it is one of many factors.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 9:10:51 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually all you have to do is quit using your legs as a swinging door and you don't have to worry about it one way or the other. There is a cure for pregnancy, it's called morals. And all guys have to do is let the big head think instead of the small one doing it for you. And FWIW I and all the rest of the kids in our family are adopted so I am the other side of a non abortion. We are all very happy to be alive.

I agree completely in keeping the peepee in check. I am with you 100% but you cant demand morals from scumbags. You cant teach someone who doesnt want to learn. We wouldnt need a welfare system if someone could perform the magic you propose.

I lived in a low income housing project as a child and thats where I learned two undisputed facts .
1. If your an adult and your stupid or lazy your life may suck. You may feel helpless and powerless, that can make you very angry. If your lazy angry, helpless, powerless you tend to attack or abuse those close by and weaker then you. Guess who that is ? These people shouldnt have kids.
2. Abused kids are prone to become child abusers as adults.

I am glad you made it to a safe place. I'm sure you know you how lucky you are.
Thanks for take the time to post your side.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:24:05 AM EDT
[#50]
Here is the moral question that troubles me about the whole thing.  As long as the baby is still inside the mother, it is legal in many states to kill it, even if it is 1 hour before the baby is born.  AFTER the baby is born, say one hour later, it is illegal to kill him or her.  What is the real difference between case (1) one hour before birth and (2) one hour after birth.  It both cases the baby is a living, breathing, feeling being.  Why does the mother's whim (I don't want any more children) in case one make it OK to kill the baby, but in case two, illegal?  Does her wishes trump all rights belonging to the child?  Also, don't try the "its fetal tissue" until its born bit, there is no substantive difference between the baby one hour before and one hour after birth, it is purely a semantec exercise.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top