Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2005 3:05:35 PM EDT
When this is all over will anything happen to those guys?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:06:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:07:09 PM EDT
[#2]
They'll get a debit card for two grand.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:07:22 PM EDT
[#3]
They might have a harder time getting a job elsewhere as an LEO, depending on the views of the department that is hiring.  Otherwise, I wouldn't think so.  I don't know of any law that prevents a cop from quitting his job at will.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:08:23 PM EDT
[#4]
free money and donuts and get called hero's for leaving shithole USA
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:08:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Several of them have said they were out of food, water, and ammunition, and they had no contact with their chain of command.  What else could they do but evacuate?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:09:30 PM EDT
[#6]
If the cops that stayed were given free trips to las vegas right in the middle of the crisis...the one's that went might only get their flights covered if they go out to Vegas.  

I seriously doubt anything short of some type of immunity and special consideration will be given to all the poor officers who were so seriously affected by the devistation that they just had to flee for their own sanity and safety.  Remember it's a bunch of incompetant bleeding heart liberals running the show there.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:18:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

They should get nothing.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:18:09 PM EDT
[#8]
What would you suggest happens to them?  

They are NOT military--the UCMJ doesn't apply.  

They are [were] employees of a local government entity.  

They are free to quit at any time.  

They have no legal duty to any individual to do anything.  

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:27:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Better yet... what's going to happen to those two LEO sows who were caught on tape helping themselves
in the shoe department at Wal-Mart?

(Assuming they haven't already quit the job and left town).
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:28:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Promotions!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:29:56 PM EDT
[#11]
No free trip to Vegas for them.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:09:04 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

They swore an oath but no, they are not bound by UCMJ. They should be ashamed of themselves for abandoning the people they swore an oath to protect and serve. Simple as that. No respecting LEO department would ever hire them in the future so they kissed their LE careers goodbye.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:13:40 PM EDT
[#13]
I heard today that 2 have applied at my dept.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:18:53 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Promotions!

To command staff no less...
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:20:10 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
No free trip to Vegas for them.

You want to bet... I would bet a large sum of money most keep their jobs like nothing happen. Even now Americans just do not realize how corrupt LA politics, civil service, and NO Police politics are.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:20:47 PM EDT
[#16]
The but jamming mayor will probably give them all medals now that they are getting trips to Las Vegas.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:25:00 PM EDT
[#17]
The mayor won because he ran on a reforum platform and cleared out much of NO's famed corruption with help from the feds.

At the very least those cops who ran will be fired
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:31:55 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They swore an oath but no, they are not bound by UCMJ. They should be ashamed of themselves for abandoning the people they swore an oath to protect and serve. Simple as that. No respecting LEO department would ever hire them in the future so they kissed their LE careers goodbye.

Yeah, so?  

Nothing will HAPPEN to them, as in discipline.  

No doubt you can say they should have done their duty, but you know what?  If I had to choose between protecting my family and getting them out of that shithole versus staying on the job, I would protect my family.  

Family is family, being a cop is a job--no matter how noble, just a job.  

There is NOTHING that is more important that a man's family and their protection.  

If some of them left for any other reason, then they are cowards, selfish, or crooked.  

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:32:46 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Better yet... what's going to happen to those two LEO sows who were caught on tape helping themselves
in the shoe department at Wal-Mart?

(Assuming they haven't already quit the job and left town).

Roger that, fire them ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:34:09 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Promotions!

To command staff no less...

Dude, you're back!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:35:59 PM EDT
[#21]
The Union  

FOP will get them their jobs back with back pay and extra money for emotional distress

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:40:19 PM EDT
[#22]
From what I’ve heard the NO Po-Po’s were not very well paid to begin with.

The one s that stayed should be given hefty raises.
Those who quit should consider themselves voluntarily (meaning no unemployment benefits) out of a job.  And they should not be rehired by the city.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:46:20 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, so?  

No doubt you can say they should have done their duty, but you know what?  If I had to choose between protecting my family and getting them out of that shithole versus staying on the job, I would protect my family.  

There is NOTHING that is more important that a man's family and their protection.  

If some of them left for any other reason, then they are cowards, selfish, or crooked.  

I 100% agree with you on family. They are the most important and always come first no matter what. However, once the family is taken care of, an officer who upholds his oath will go back the job of rescue/recovery/security.
I also agree on the other point you made. If they left for any other reason, they are cowards.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:47:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Jackson will praise them for being heros and refusing to put down the po' black people for HaliBushCo.
Matthew
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:50:56 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, so?  

I 100% agree with you on family. They are the most important and always come first no matter what. However, once the family is taken care of, an officer who upholds his oath will go back the job of rescue/recovery/security.
I also agree on the other point you made. If they left for any other reason, they are cowards.  

They probably went to protect their families while they were looting...
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:11:40 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Are you shitting me?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:18:33 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Their applications were put in the "circular file," right?

They broke the oath they took.

I know it was a really bad situation down there, but the oath that they broke should really mean something.

Scott
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:24:03 PM EDT
[#28]
I don't know any details. I was talking to one of the detectives this morning before roll call and he said that two NOPD officers had applied. We usually hire pretty quick so I guess I'll find out soon.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:59:55 PM EDT
[#29]

Cue the TV theme song...

"Branded, scorned as the one who ran.  What do you do when you're branded and you know you're a man?"
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:06:09 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

In New Orleans ?. I'm betting promotions and or all expense paid medical retirements.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top