Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/7/2005 2:07:15 PM EDT
Every where I go, be it here in Tally or in Polk County, newspaper, T.V., CONSERVATIVE RADIO, from cops/NG/SO, and even on the street, the sheeple want MORE gun control...

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:09:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll have to take your word for it.  I haven't heard any bleating for gun control since the hurricane.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:09:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Quite honestly, I'm starting to agree that a lot of "those people" (refugees, undocumented shoppers, displaced shitbag or whatever they are called) probably shouldn't have guns.

The smart ones already had them.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:09:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Because they don't want the looters and thugs to have guns.  Their first reaction is "take them all away!" without putting much if any thought into the matter.

And I haven't really heard anything about gun control in either direction, to tell the truth.  but I don't listen to or watch much in the way of mainstream-media.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:09:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Every where I go, be it here in Tally or in Polk County, newspaper, T.V., CONSERVATIVE RADIO, from cops/NG/SO, and even on the street, the sheeple want MORE gun control...

Not sure I agree.   Even Bill OReilly said he was going to buy a gun.....
I'm hearing plenty the other way around.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:10:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not sure I agree.   Even Bill OReilly said he was going to buy a gun.....
I'm hearing plenty the other way around.

We'll, let's look at it this way, Bill Oreilly may be the horse of the barn, that has only one vote, while the Sheep have several million... Guess which a politician is going to please more?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:11:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Two different groups of people see the same thing, and disagree as to what the cause and resolution is. It's normal.

These cries for more gun control will go nowhere. I'm running into ALOT more people who all of a sudden think gun ownership is a good idea.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:11:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:12:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Two different groups of people see the same thing, and disagree as to what the cause and resolution is. It's normal.

These cries for more gun control will go nowhere. I'm running into ALOT more people who all of a sudden think gun ownership is a good idea.

Shit, I guess I'm talking to all the people you aren't! Lucky bastard...
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:13:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Northwest Ohio is a magical place.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:17:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Gun control would work if it took guns away from thugs and gang bangers. But it doesnt do that. Never has, never will. They should move on to something else.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:18:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

All the ARFCOMMERS should just all bail into one state and fortify the shit out of it...
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:20:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Just name the state....

LB
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:20:55 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Just name the state....

LB

If Montana get's what we are all hoping, I'm moving!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:21:36 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

All the ARFCOMMERS should just all bail into one state and fortify the shit out of it...

Libertarians are kind of trying this with the Free State Project in New Hampshire, but it isn't working very well.

Besides, Ohio is full.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:30:22 PM EDT
[#15]
An old co-worker of my brother's visited his restaurant Monday: an Irish national. He and my brother got along fine unless they discussed politics and gun control. When my brother introduced him to me he told his friend to not try to challenge me to a debate on gun control. He looks at me and says (albeit in a gorgeous accent) "Hasn't Katrina taught you anything?"
"Yup," I replied "taught me I should have more ammo than the bad guys."

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:07:26 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Where in NW Ohio are you?  I am from Bryan originally.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:16:15 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I am in Polk County and I haven't heard anything about gun control...not one word.  I think you might be overreacting a bit.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:18:36 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm all for 100% ASSHAT Control!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:20:36 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am in Polk County and I haven't heard anything about gun control...not one word.  I think you might be overreacting a bit.

Some people here psychologically NEED gun control.  They need to feel persecuted and are not happy when they dont have some boogyman they think is "trying to get them".
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:29:46 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Some people here psychologically NEED gun control.  They need to feel persecuted and are not happy when they dont have some boogyman they think is "trying to get them".

PLUS- it's a great catalyst to add to the collection. Nothing like Hitlery closing to within 10 points to crack open the wallet for a .308 semi. You guys keep this up and I may not wait!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:31:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Anyone with a brain should be demanding the opposite...for very obvious reasons.
Gun control continues to cost innocent people their lives.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:38:36 PM EDT
[#22]
people who want gun control shouldn't have guns, they're too stupid.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:45:08 PM EDT
[#23]
That won't go over well with a lot of people who've discovered reality after Katrina.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:11:20 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm willing to bet that louisiana will have a simlar gun ban like commiefornia..........that is if the congress doesn't enact a new AW ban, that will make the 94 one look like a pro-gun law........, which will be only  a matter of time before that happens, count on it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:26:18 PM EDT
[#25]
LA rejected a gun ban last year.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:27:41 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I'm willing to bet that louisiana will have a simlar gun ban like commiefornia..........that is if the congress doesn't enact a new AW ban, that will make the 94 one look like a pro-gun law........, which will be only  a matter of time before that happens, count on it.

I will bet you any amount of money you want that NO does NOT pass a gun ban and that Congress only passes one if it is taken over by the Democrats and a Democratic president is elected in 2008.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:29:14 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Yeah, yeah, count on it..........blah blah blah.

I'm willing to bet that Louisiana does NOT enact any gun law as a result of Katrina or any other reason.

Congress is going to enact a new AW ban?????????????????  Where do you get your info?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:33:38 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I'll have to take your word for it.  I haven't heard any bleating for gun control since the hurricane.

+1.  Anybody remember the fact that most of those fucking looters STOLE the guns ?  They broke into stores and stole anything they could get.  Have people already forgotten ?  Gun control doesn't stop criminals.  Just like traffic laws don't stop you or me from speeding as long as no cop is around.  Nothing can stop criminals from using guns, the only thing that can stop them is an armed person on the other side (be it a police officer or armed citizen).  Si vis pacem, para bellum applies to criminals too because  keeping yourself and yours safe is a eternal struggle and as Katrina has taught us (and many other incidents in history), the prepared will survive, while the unprepared will perish.  Difference between being lucky and making your own luck.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:34:02 PM EDT
[#29]
race and poverty is a far hotter topic.

I more interested on the recent subject of anti-martial law vs the "where are the troops?" of a mear few days past.  I have mixed opinions on the forced removel given my beliefs vs. what has occured.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:36:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Excuse me if this does come out as completely coherent as the sky just fell and hit me in the head

I predict there will be no ban anywhere except maybe in Cali.   Even if the dems take over I think it highly unlikely that you will see a new AW ban.  

The AWB was a huge factor in the dems losing power in 94, they know this, I believe even Clinton made the comment that the AWB cost his party 20 congressional seats.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:02:25 PM EDT
[#31]
I do not see a new ban,  But I do see a new law being created in LA.

The new law will require all firearms &  ammunition retailers to either vault all firearms or transport them away from the zone that will be affected.

The looters cannot get the guns if the guns are not easy to access.  Sports Authority, Walmart as well as the other shops that sell firearms left them out on gun racks and display cases where they were easily accessible.  

Any store not equipped with a vault to store the firearms in such an emergency should have their class ones suspended and or revoked.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:36:48 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just got back from visiting my parents this weekend and when Katrina stuff was on, usually one or more people would comment, "there is no reason for people to obtain that sort of fire power!", etc, etc.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:46:24 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
LA rejected a gun ban last year.

Soundly rejecte no politician outside of N.O. would touch it.  Career suicide.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:47:12 PM EDT
[#34]
There will not be any gun bans because of Katrina. I am seeing the opposite effect.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:47:16 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I will bet you any amount of money you want that NO does NOT pass a gun ban and that Congress only passes one if it is taken over by the Democrats and a Democratic president is elected in 2008.

Forgetting Reagan?  

And GHWB 41.  Their bans are what really fuck with us as gunowners, and guess what their Republicans.  We need a GOP friendly Libertarian in office in 2008.  I do not see a difference between McCain and Hillary.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:49:22 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I'm hearing NOTHING for MORE gun control,  but plenty from people who now FINALLY see the point in being prepared...including being prepared with a firearm.

CJ

yep
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:49:33 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
There will not be any gun bans because of Katrina. I am seeing the opposite effect.

I talked to three shops today they are selling a hell of alot more even by Louisiana standards.  Handguns shotguns and "Assault Weapons".  I suspect if you call wholesalers listed in SN they will tell you the same.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:51:58 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, yeah, count on it..........blah blah blah.

I'm willing to bet that Louisiana does NOT enact any gun law as a result of Katrina or any other reason.

Congress is going to enact a new AW ban?????????????????  Where do you get your info?

he pulls it right out of his ass
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:54:01 PM EDT
[#39]
This is all a bunch of horseshit. Guns are flying off of the shelves, and no one trusts the government anymore. Why would people turn to the government to save them from gun owners when the entire world has just seen that the government can't even save people from high water? You think people WANT to be disarmed now? After watching on TV what happened when the water rose and the cops headed for the hills?

People are realizing that the government is a limp dick, and if they ever get into a spot they are completely on their own. Guns are making a come back.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:54:58 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Just as soon as Elvis becomes governor.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:15:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:19:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Gun control didn't even work at the Superdome.  They supposedly searched, bags and pat downs, everyone going in.  Yet there were still shootings and stabbings in the Superdome.

And the good armed people were disarmed, leaving them defenseless against the thugs.

Gun control has never worked to disarm the criminals.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:22:54 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
This is all a bunch of horseshit. Guns are flying off of the shelves, and no one trusts the government anymore. Why would people turn to the government to save them from gun owners when the entire world has just seen that the government can't even save people from high water? You think people WANT to be disarmed now? After watching on TV what happened when the water rose and the cops headed for the hills?

People are realizing that the government is a limp dick, and if they ever get into a spot they are completely on their own. Guns are making a come back.

I sure hope you're right.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:24:21 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

AMEN
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:57:31 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Gun control would work if it took guns away from thugs and gang bangers. But it doesnt do that. Never has, never will. They should move on to something else.

+1

Thier whole point of iew is based on the idea that there will be no firearms and so there fore there would be no "shootings"... but we all know that the only people they will be disarming will be the law abiding citizens and not the thugs and looters who are already breaking the law, so it doesn't matter to them anyways....

BE PREPARED FOR ANYTHING....and BUY LOTS of AMMO!

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:58:48 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Exactamundo - Think you just found your new sig line

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:30:06 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Forgetting Reagan?  

I will never forget that Reagan managed to do what no other president has done before or since:  roll back gun control laws.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:32:07 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where in NW Ohio are you?  I am from Bryan originally.

Fulton county! Home of...well...ok, nothing. Which is how I like it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:35:39 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

+1  Name the state!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:04:14 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1.  Anybody remember the fact that most of those fucking looters STOLE the guns ?  They broke into stores and stole anything they could get.  Have people already forgotten ?  Gun control doesn't stop criminals.  Just like traffic laws don't stop you or me from speeding as long as no cop is around.  Nothing can stop criminals from using guns, the only thing that can stop them is an armed person on the other side (be it a police officer or armed citizen).  Si vis pacem, para bellum applies to criminals too because  keeping yourself and yours safe is a eternal struggle and as Katrina has taught us (and many other incidents in history), the prepared will survive, while the unprepared will perish.  Difference between being lucky and making your own luck.  

I agree 100%. I've actually been hearing over and over again people stating that they're buying a gun soon. If what happened in N.O. isnt proof positive that the GOV wont take care of you, I dont know what is. I actually had one guy at work ask me what shotgun he should buy "just in case".

I havent heard a thing about gun control; like people pointed out here, its been accepted that the N.O. shooters were all criminals who stole guns. No one would dare state that those people are NRA, white folk. That assertion would be laughed at.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top