Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2005 9:07:20 AM EDT
I like Panera Bread sandwiches. Asiago roast beef and a cup of broc & cheese soup. Perfect.

But everytime I go into the place, the demographics are:

Run of the mill Hippies, Grubby looking lesbo enviro PETA wierdos who need  a bath, Uber glossy airhead Vogue wannabe liberal secretaries who want you to think they are a trophy wife,  Liberal Trophy wives, Liberal soccer moms, Pencil-armed, eye shadow wearing goth faerie boys, and pencil-armed liberal lawyers talking loudly into the phone to impress the glossy secretaries.

Panera Bread almost makes me understand why half the world hates America.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:08:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Because granola and whole wheat bread is for fags.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:08:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Location, location, location.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:09:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm not sure if I would eat any of the things you mentioned?

I would at least give it a try though!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:10:54 AM EDT
[#4]
There was even one guy in there today... long hair.... goatee.... leather freaking beret... backwards .... he said, "Excuse me" when he reached past me to get his order from the counter.

He was "soft spoken".
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:11:14 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I like Panera Bread sandwiches. Asiago roast beef and a cup of broc & cheese soup. Perfect.

Run of the mill Hippies, Grubby looking lesbo enviro PETA wierdos who need  a bath, Uber glossy airhead Vogue wannabe liberal secretaries who want you to think they are a trophy wife,  Liberal Trophy wives, Liberal soccer moms, Pencil-armed, eye shadow wearing goth faerie boys, and pencil-armed liberal lawyers talking loudly into the phone to impress the glossy secretaries.

Hoity-Toity food places draw the leftists out of the closet.  The same group that professes giving to the poor, with their words, spend $8 for a turkey sandwich and $3 for a cup of coffeee.  

Don't get me wrong, the Panera sandwiches are awesome.  Any place that sells overly priced coffee draws the freaks, guaranteed.  The worst is the Starbucks in Barnes & Noble books stores.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:11:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Panera Bread gives 100% of their political donation money  to Democrats and Democrat candidates.

www.buyblue.org/alphalist.php

I quit going there.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:12:06 AM EDT
[#7]
My coworkers always want to eat at Panera whenever we go on roadtrips to visit other offices, I hate the experience.  The food is great, but I usually sport a military-style haircut and one day walked in there wearing a Navy (as in Canoe U, white with blue 'Navy' across the front) sweatshirt, talk about if looks could kill...

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:14:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Because they are located next door to Starbuck's?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:14:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:15:24 AM EDT
[#10]
I try not to look at anyone in those places.
I tried sitting outside one time, but there is a pay-as-you-go phone store in the same strip mall.  Lots of   (be polite....be polite....)  people hanging out in the parking lot with their $800 cars and $5000 stereos blaring.  I think that is worse than looking at scummy democrats.

They have a seafood bisque that is pretty good.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:17:14 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Because granola and whole wheat bread is for fags.

+1 and that sure is funny!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:20:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Those liberal sissies can make a sammich anytime!

/Asiago Roast Beef or Bacon Turkey Bravo with an Oriental Chicken Salad for me, please.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:21:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Look at it this way....go basic suble paramilitary mercenary....just freak them out... I love doing it. Especially when I am on my Bike and it costs more than their car and stereo.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:22:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Two Words: "Open Carry"
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:23:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Because all the normal people are down the road at Waffle House smoking cigarettes and drinking coffee while flirting with the (sometimes) cute waitresses.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:24:51 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

You come across just a tad judgemental.
Given the atmosphere you've described, it could be that it is you who is the weirdo.
Something to consider.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:25:15 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Start wearing my GOP hat.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:26:38 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Because all the normal people are down the road at Waffle House smoking cigarettes and drinking coffee while flirting with the (sometimes) cute waitresses.

LMMFAO!!!

ding ding ding... we have a winner....
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:26:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Wear a "Club Gitmo" shirt in there.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:28:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Panera is a veritable oasis for hippies and yuppies.  I avoid it like the plague.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:29:20 AM EDT
[#21]
The "Infidel" shirt might look good in there too... Just sayin'...
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:29:28 AM EDT
[#22]
lol, I just left work and came back with a turkey sandwich from there!

yeah I know what you mean, I think because of the whole, "natural whole-grain, no preservatives bread" kinda vibe they promote.  The one by me though is usually half-filled with stupid suburbite kids (who a few weeks ago weren't in school so they hang out at PB), and cubicle monkeys like myself who just enjoy their food, and the convinience of locality to all the office buildings near by.

it's kind of a toned-down starbucks that serves meals.  don't get me started on the crowd that hangs out at capitalistbucks.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:55:42 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

You forgot ONE intolerant judgemental born-again alleged Christian nutjob.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:01:24 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You come across just a tad judgemental.
Given the atmosphere you've described, it could be that it is you who is the weirdo.
Something to consider.

Sheesh.  Way to TURN IT AROUND on him....

He is right as hell.  If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, it must a a lefty at Panera Bread.

Please remove your PC " can't be judgemental, cause is might piss someone off" glasses and step to the right please.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:04:07 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

They don't hate that half. They hate our half.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:04:33 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They don't hate that half. They hate our half.

I was just gonna say that.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:06:04 AM EDT
[#27]
It is perfectly acceptable for conservatives to be judgemental -- that is, until we express our Christian faith, then we aren't allowed to be judgemental anymore.

OTOH, Non-Christian conservatives are allowed to be as judgemental as they please.

Don't you just adore the ideologically confused. They're so amusing politically correct.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:06:32 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Walked into Starbucks to get my wife some coffee. From the looks I got, I was half-expecting
to have to start CPR on half the store before I got out the door.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:09:38 AM EDT
[#29]
They have very good sandwiches, but it's hard to justify paying $6 for a damn sandwich.  For the price of two of their sandwiches, I could buy a load of bread, a pound or two of sliced deli meat, a couple of tomatoes, and a head of lettuce.  Then I could make 10 of my own sandwiches.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:11:18 AM EDT
[#30]

Hee hee, there's one near my townhome in Falls Church, VA. I open carry there all the time. Every now and then I get weird looks but what the hell are they gonna do? After all I have the gun and the law on my side.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:14:16 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Panera Bread gives 100% of their political donation money  to Democrats and Democrat candidates.

www.buyblue.org/alphalist.php

I quit going there.

+1

also voted with my wallet. No more Panera.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:14:34 AM EDT
[#32]

Well take your hunting buddies in there for a snack after an afternoon at the range.  Be sure to wear camo.

Repeat as necessary.

Jim
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:17:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Ben, you need to do lunch at the sushi bar more often.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:27:32 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

+1 Do it all the time.

It helps when you wear a PTSFP t-shirt too!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:43:43 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And add in a few good old MILF's.  Atleast at the one in montgomery......your from around here Ben right?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:03:57 AM EDT
[#36]
My girlfirend wanted to go there the other day. The food was quite good but you are absolutely right about the liberal crowd in there. Then again my girlfriend is far left compared to me... but it's not all her fault. She's Canadian afterall. On the positive side she's open to the idea of learning how to shoot.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:01:30 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And add in a few good old MILF's.  Atleast at the one in montgomery......your from around here Ben right?

Yup. My office is on East Kemper. The one I am talking about is on the corner of Kemper & Montgomery... right next to Starbucks.

Top Top