Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2005 7:35:15 PM EDT
I haven't seen any reports of them giving money and there is no way they are going to make donations without the media.      I do know the winners of the NASCAR Bush and Nextel both donated all the winnings to Red Cross.

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:38:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes some have given, I know the Yankees themselves have given $1M.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:56:24 PM EDT
[#2]
cool, havn't heard much and was wondering.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:04:12 PM EDT
[#3]
John Travolta donated some money and a plane full of medical supplies and vacinations
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:26:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I've heard of a few, Connic (sp?) Jr. is helping w/rescue efforts, I believe he also gave $$, and I can't recall the dumb-asses name, Susan Sarandon's ugly-assed kid is helping w/rescue efforts.

A singer ( I can't recall her name, I don't care for her work) is giving 1-million... plus doing at least one benefit concert... Sorry I can't recall her name... she has a THICK accent when SPEAKING though it's gone while singing (I never DID "get" that). She was fairly upset night b4 last on Larry King Live. Oh, yeah, I remember, Celene Dion.

Media companies are offering modest sums to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort, New Orleans native Ellen DeGeneres alone pledged $500,000 she also plans to announce a hurricane relief fund. The show's producer, Warner Bros. Entertainment, said it would donate $500,000 US and match viewers' contributions up to another $500,000.

Disney wrote checks worth $2.5 million, Comcast upped the ante with a $10 million donation and Viacom shortchanged New Orleans sufferers with just $1 million.

Those are all I HEARD about. I'm PRETTY sure Oprah will do SOMETHING... That's all I've HEARD...

Here's one link:

celebrity.aol.com/people/ataol/articles/0,19736,1100406,00.html

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:28:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Curt Schilling is putting up a family in his home.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:32:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Nicholas Cage put up 1 mil. of his own $$ from what I hear.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:36:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Stephan Marbury(spelling) gave $500,000 of his own money!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:36:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Leno's having all his guests sign a Harley which they'll auction off
he siad when they did it for the tsunami they got $800,000
sure it's not out of his pocket but still a good chunk of money
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:42:28 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Leno's having all his guests sign a Harley which they'll auction off
he siad when they did it for the tsunami they got $800,000
sure it's not out of his pocket but still a good chunk of money

he did the same thing with the tsuanami or however you spell it
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:49:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I know a bunch of money has come out of NASCAR

Both the purses for the winning teams at last weeks NASCAR and Busch races were donated (over $400,0000 alone) along with other teams purses probably over a million from the races.

And a bunch of the teams and drives are making individual contributions.

International Speedway Corporation over 1$ million

All the tracks are have fund raisers planned at up coming races.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:51:45 PM EDT
[#11]
I know Sean Penn showed some courage and went down there to save some folks..........
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:53:55 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Curt Schilling is putting up a family in his home.

He's a good man, good pitcher, and a Republican to boot
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:55:02 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I know Sean Penn showed some courage and went down there to save some folks..........

When down with his dixie cup bailing.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:00:44 PM EDT
[#14]
I heard that the fabulously wealthy NFL players are giving $5000 each.

Nothing from the NBA.

I thing Serena Williams strained her budget to give $1000.

Most of Hollywood is offering moral support, and helping to further damage President Bush.
They'll no doubt hold an exclusive black tie celebrity event at Spago's, and offer to spend other people's money.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top