Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2005 5:47:40 PM EDT
Space: Above and Beyond is now availble on DVD from Best Buy.  That is all.

Click the link...you know you want to!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:49:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I liked that show. Too bad they didn't at least give some sort of ending to the season ending cliffhanger.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:51:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

YES!!  I loved that show!  My favorite episode was where Col. McQueen went after Chiggy Von Rictoven and whooped his punk ass!

ETA: The one with Ray Butts was awsome too.  Easy as eatin' pancakes!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:12:23 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

YES!!  I loved that show!  My favorite episode was where Col. McQueen went after Chiggy Von Rictoven and whooped his punk ass!

What was the speech the Col. gave about killing Chiggy? I used to have it memorized and I forgot it. Now it's driving me up the wall.

My vote for best writing in a modern sci-fi series.

ETA: Googled it and found part of the speech, but not  all of it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:15:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Bought it on my way home tonight! My only complaint is who in their right mind would put it on Dual Sided, Single Layer DVDs? You gotta flip these damn disks!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:19:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:22:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Great show, I have been waitign for it for years
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:30:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What was the speech the Col. gave about killing Chiggy? I used to have it memorized and I forgot it. Now it's driving me up the wall.

My vote for best writing in a modern sci-fi series.

ETA: Googled it and found part of the speech, but not  all of it.

You mean:

"I don't think our Maker wants to hear from me right now... because he knows I'm going to go out in that sky, in this plane, and remove one of his creations from his universe. And when I return, I'm going to drink a bottle of Scotch as if it were Chiggy von Richthofen's blood, and celebrate his death."
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:31:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Good show.  I wan't a hammerhead!

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:14:40 PM EDT
[#9]
In a truly bizarre sort of premonition, I had thoughts of Kristen Cloke run through my head last week...right outa nowhere.  

Now the DVD comes out...I hadn't thought of the show for years.  

Cue the Twilight Zone theme now.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:46:48 PM EDT
[#10]
United States Marine Corp Air and Space Cavalry!!!

It even had Ermy in it!!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:37:50 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm picking it up tonight!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:18:32 AM EDT
[#12]
The ending left you hanging  the two left on that barge fighting
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:23:44 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Bought it on my way home tonight! My only complaint is who in their right mind would put it on Dual Sided, Single Layer DVDs? You gotta flip these damn disks!

flippers? in 2005?
I could maybe see it if it was dual layer dual sided, but there is no excuse for single layer dual sided discs anymore
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:24:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Damn, I had my calendar set incorrectly (I had the release date as Oct 8).  Thanks for the heads-up, I am buying my copy this Sat at BB!

BTW does anyone know what "CFB" means?  I mean the speech where McQueen says something like "a lot of you guys have been complaining that you're pilots and you shouldn't be pulling infantry duty ..."?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:25:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Just got my DVD set yesterday and after work was able to catch a few episodes. It's kind of funny watching the CG stuff of the Hammerheads and Saratoga, etc, the CG looks pretty good for the most part but some times looks cheesey, especially the explosions.  I would say Battlestar Galactica's CG is better but not by that much, especially considering almost a decade between the two shows.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:28:19 AM EDT
[#16]
When SAAB first came out I remember seeing the use of Surefire flashlights and thinking "How cool!"
I think that was the first show I saw Surefires being used.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:19:58 PM EDT
[#17]

nice B5 ripoff
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:20:58 PM EDT
[#18]
double tap
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:17:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Thanks to this thread, I bought my set and still got the first-week release discount.  Love the show and I can't figure out why it was canceled.  

The dual-sided DVD is a bit of a pain, especially because I have a carousel (200 disc) DVD player.  I hear the new Sony carousel will flip the discs for you!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top