Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/6/2005 10:23:15 AM EDT
Over the past few years I have noticed I spend so much time angry at the things happening in the world.
Lately I have been near overload and there is not sign of letting up. This latest BS from NOLA has me near a breaking point. I am tired folks. Tired of all these terrible things going unchecked! Tired of hearing about rapes and murder of children. Tired of all the finger pointiing in time of crisis. Tired of protecting peoples feelings at the cost of my freedoms. Tired of the protection of those thst have no rights in this country. Tired of PC bullshit at any level. I am tired of the tolorance that is being FORCED upon us. Tired of being told that my country is crumbling. I am just tired folks.

I just wish there was an end in sight!
CH
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:28:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, you could turn off the tv and computer and bury your head in the sand....
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:29:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:29:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:29:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Keeps me warm.

I'm just waiting to see if another race relation issue crops up.

Yep, I said it. Incestious (and I don't mean just physically) breeding and education of a group by those who are already uneducated and ill-informed only spirals things into some alternate version of reality where people just plain old can't function in any society but their own...and that particular group of people just formed their own society in the ruins of NO. Some folks are going to look at that and assign that to a particular racial makeup, be it wrong or right.

I look at it as more a societial issue than race or anything, but someone is gonna make a connection to it...and the long inevitable slide is going to begin.

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:30:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I just dont get angry over things beyond my control. Well, mostly, sometimes I let myself.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:30:58 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ignoring it would do what?

While I was being facetious it would give you a little break so that when you did return to reality you would be more prepared for the onslaught of bullshit.

Kind of a vacation.

But it will still be there.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:31:13 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Keeps me warm.

I'm just waiting to see if another race relation issue crops up.

Yep, I said it. Incestious (and I don't mean just physically) breeding and education of a group by those who are already uneducated and ill-informed only spirals things into some alternate version of reality where people just plain old can't function in any society but their own...and that particular group of people just formed their own society in the ruins of NO. Some folks are going to look at that and assign that to a particular racial makeup, be it wrong or right.

I look at it as more a societial issue than race or anything, but someone is gonna make a connection to it...and the long inevitable slide is going to begin.

Unfortunately, that's right.  And very well put by the way.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:31:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Valiums help.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:31:54 AM EDT
[#9]
My endurance for anger was fine tuned during the eight years that Klinton plundered this county.  This short duration anger spell is just keeping me in shape.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:32:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Refreshing to hear that I'm not the only one that feels this way.  Two things I do to maintain my day to day outlook:

1.  Don't watch network news (at lease limit it).  I've run out of space in my house to punch more holes in the wall
2.  Avoid, like the plague, the DU website and and postings on this forum which refer to that shithole.

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:32:42 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ignoring it would do what?

While I was being facetious it would give you a little break so that when you did return to reality you would be more prepared for the onslaught of bullshit.

Kind of a vacation.

But it will still be there.

I understand.

Its that knowing that its going on that bothers me most. The fact that no matter the attention I give it, it happens.
CH
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:33:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Turn off the TV.  Put down the remote.

Our news is as negative as allowed.  There should be a limit or at least a balance.
If there isn't crisis well then the media is not doing there job (what is there job anyway?, fucks).

Try going to church (only helps me some), exercising and spending time with 'real' people and not internet fucks or the TV.  And No televangilists!!!

Its easy to get caught up in all the negativity and I find myself in the same mindset at times.  Get a good sound system in the house/car and turn up the tunes (but don't turn down your guard).

'Go easy Leonard'
Take it slowww.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:33:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Yes, it's a natural response
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:34:19 AM EDT
[#14]

beer.

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:41:45 AM EDT
[#15]

Seriously, chill the fuck out, and follow Pooby's advice.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:45:10 AM EDT
[#16]
I need my angst... It keeps me sharp <snaps fingers>... On the edge <snaps fingers again>... Where I gotta be.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:46:19 AM EDT
[#17]
sounds very similar to how I was feeling a couple months ago, it began to affect me so much that my girlfriend decided she couldn't handle it anymore and left....I finally realized how wound up I had been, over things I had absolutely no control over and I chased away the only person I had ever loved, and for the past several months, suddenly the anger is gone....deal with it, or it will end up eating you alive, angry is no way to go through life
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:47:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Hang out with the people who think like you. Im in my first year at college, there are so many liberals and so much PC bull that I thought I was going to put my head through a wall. I went to the college republicans meeting last night, it felt soo good to finally talk with some fellow conservatives. I even met a really hot chick that is an NRA member and likes to shoot!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:48:33 AM EDT
[#19]
watch "TAXI DRIVER"
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:52:43 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Hang out with the people who think like you. Im in my first year at college, there are so many liberals and so much PC bull that I thought I was going to put my head through a wall. I went to the college republicans meeting last night, it felt soo good to finally talk with some fellow conservatives. I even met a really hot chick that is an NRA member and likes to shoot!

Thats the other part of hte equation. The town I live in is HARDCORE lib country. Tree hugging yuppie windsurfers galore! That certainly doesnt help.

Is this what we have left to give our children? A broken down society split right down the middle in its views?  A place were at the first sign of of an opening people go apeshit?

Ignoring it wont help thats for sure.
CH
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:53:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Get over the anger, and turn it into conviction, followed up with action.  

I now hold beliefs that, at one time, I would not have held but for living the past 15 years, and the last five in particular.  

I know things about how the world works, that have convinced me to take certain actions in response.  

I too am weary of being "angry."  But, it has served its purpose, and was necessary.  

I have passed through the eye of the needle, and didn't even need to go down on anyone.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:54:40 AM EDT
[#22]
I have a very low flash point.  Always have.  Never around my family, only work and amid home improvement projects.  I do my best to be calm, but sometimes I need to rage, push around heavy things, and yell a lot - which I guess is why I'm a construction manager.

Around the house, things get done....but I'm notorious for negotiating round pegs through square holes.  If something's stuck, chances are you're not pushing hard enough.

And if it's still stuck, flank it and push even harder.  It'll go.

Angry?  Welcome to 2005.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:55:33 AM EDT
[#23]
I find myself doing better by limiting my exposure to the mainstream media. They are gonna spin and bias whatever they can.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:57:45 AM EDT
[#24]
I stopped trying to save the world long ago.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:59:52 AM EDT
[#25]
My advice is to drink heavly.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:04:39 AM EDT
[#26]
I found out a long, long time ago, it doesn't do a bit of good to be angry over something you have no control over.......... I just find the whole thing amusing, everything from that "mayor" being  a assclown, to the "celebs" being asshats.........it's all in the way you look at things.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:04:40 AM EDT
[#27]
I need to go fishing.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:15:52 AM EDT
[#28]
You couldn't have described me better.

If you come up with a solution let me know.  I feel like I can't fucking take it anymore sometimes and I am going to snap.  My wife doesn't really like it.  Neither does my dog.  Poor little guy hides under the table cause he thinks I am mad at him when I am screaming at the tv.

Eventually you just have to realize that you can't save the whole world, only your own family.  Thats where my anger comes from a lot though, because I feel like my family is threatened by a lot of the bullshit, stupidity, and evil in the world.

Just draw the line in the sand and come to terms with it.  Try to stop being pissed all the time and don't forget about the little and immediate things, but as soon as they cross that line then do what needs to be done.  Yes this shit pisses me off, but I am going to focus on my domain.  When they try to bring that shit into my sanctuary then I'll start channeling that anger into someone's ass.  

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:17:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Alot of you get wound up far too easily.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:18:34 AM EDT
[#30]
I suppose I'll stop being angry when I die.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:22:02 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
You couldn't have described me better.

If you come up with a solution let me know.  I feel like I can't fucking take it anymore sometimes and I am going to snap.  My wife doesn't really like it.  Neither does my dog.  Poor little guy hides under the table cause he thinks I am mad at him when I am screaming at the tv.

Eventually you just have to realize that you can't save the whole world, only your own family.  Thats where my anger comes from a lot though, because I feel like my family is threatened by a lot of the bullshit, stupidity, and evil in the world.

Just draw the line in the sand and come to terms with it.  Try to stop being pissed all the time and don't forget about the little and immediate things, but as soon as they cross that line then do what needs to be done.  Yes this shit pisses me off, but I am going to focus on my domain.  When they try to bring that shit into my sanctuary then I'll start channeling that anger into someone's ass.  

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:29:21 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Too easy?

CH
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:30:00 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

ain't that the truth.........most of these guys will never see the next decade, their heads will explode like in that old 70s movie SCANNERS
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:33:20 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I think that may eventually lead to our demise. We all just sit back and say "Its not happening here" so no worries. We all just pay attention to out little bubble and as long as we have our bigmacs and our starbucks all is good. I am not jabbing at you at all as I see that you feel the same, just poiting out that the above is part of the problem not solution. IMHO.
CH
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:49:58 AM EDT
[#35]
It is a normal phase of dealing with tragedy. Denial, Anger, Depression, Acceptance. Eventually, you will adjust to the new temperature in the pot and be fine with it until it gets raised again.

Curiousity is what keeps me going. I want to see how all this crap plays out and have a good laugh and a cold beer.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:52:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Hone your apathy.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:53:33 AM EDT
[#37]
I quit being angry several years ago with pretty good success.  It hit me while I was trying to deal with my now ex-wife's "issues".  She was laying some bizarre crap on me and getting worse by the day.  When I started laughing at her instead of trying to empathize, I felt a lot better and the deterioration of the relationship accelerated toward its merciful end.

Situations that used to make me angry, I now address with humor.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:14:53 PM EDT
[#38]
I find that watching "American Chopper" for a couple hours turns my brain to mush and when I am done I don't have a care in the world.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:18:07 PM EDT
[#39]
I don't remember who the member here was, but his sigline was:  "If you aren't angry, it's because you haven't been  paying attention."
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:02:14 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
watch "TAXI DRIVER"

Or Man On fire.

AB
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:14:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Angry guys with black rifles is not good.

No kidding, stop watching or reading the news. It'll make you insane. It doesn' make a damn bit a of difference what democrat says what about anything or what hollywood puke is screwing another hollywood puke.  Bad news is bad news whether you can do anything about it. It is ok to tune out once in awhile.

Concentrate on THE GOAL

Oh, and a little scotch on the rocks once in awhile helps also.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:15:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Yes, and it PISSES ME THE HELL OFF!!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:19:47 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think that may eventually lead to our demise. We all just sit back and say "Its not happening here" so no worries. We all just pay attention to out little bubble and as long as we have our bigmacs and our starbucks all is good. I am not jabbing at you at all as I see that you feel the same, just poiting out that the above is part of the problem not solution. IMHO.
CH

oh believe me i agree with you.   That is exactly what I am trying to tell everybody I know all the damn time (with a few like-minded exceptions, you know, people who actually THINK and give a crap like us).

I guess my point is that you do have to acheive some kind of balance, and also remember the people who depend on you and you are responsible for.  I can't attend to the emotional needs of my family if I am pissed all the time.  So I try to find ways to forget about it for a while.  This usually involves either shooting, lifting, boxing, drinking, or sex.

Once I engage in one of the above activities I am usually good for a good two hours or so.  Then I hear a story about some scum-bag rapist being let off the hook by some douche-bag liberal who wants to "save the children" so the asshole can try to come rape my wife while I defend her with the gun I can't carry in bumbfuck omaha NE because we have a world full of people who would rather loot, pillage, rape, and abuse power then leave eachother the fuck alone since they don't believe in or understand freedom and respecting other people as free fucking human beings with dignity, etc. etc.

There is SO much injustice and filth in the world that it is impossible to even conceptualize or understand logically or emotionally.  If NOLA pisses you off then just think about the injustice, genocide, and slavery of mankind on every fucking continent in the entire world except ours, and we have about 50% of the population who wants to make ours just the same.  There are so many assholes in the world you could not believe.  What makes me mader than anything is not the evil people, they are like a rabid dog or an aggressive snake to me, you deal with it and kill it.  Its the ignorant ass dipshits who protect them, perpetuate them, and make us vulnerable to them all in the name of their bullshit ideaologies that they know don't apply and can't apply to real life, but they will espouse them to make themselves feel good, so they can feel so morally superior, even though they know its not them who will have to tow the line.  The "pussification" of America, and the threat it is to the way of life that I love, is what really pisses me off the most.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:19:48 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Angry guys with black rifles is not good.

No kidding, stop watching or reading the news. It'll make you insane. It doesn' make a damn bit a of difference what democrat says what about anything or what hollywood puke is screwing another hollywood puke.  Bad news is bad news whether you can do anything about it. It is ok to tune out once in awhile.

Concentrate on THE GOAL

Oh, and a little scotch on the rocks once in awhile helps also.

I was wondering when that would be braught up. Let me ask, What the fuck does that have to do with anything? That is pure 100% PC running wild. The media has you fooled into thinking that that is a problem. You know what, I have 2 trucks, a minivan and a honda. Cars kill more people then guns yet you dont say angry guys with cars is not a good idea. That is some of the same BS that gets me so pissed off!
CH
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:22:23 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
.............. The "pussification" of America, and the threat it is to the way of life that I love, is what really pisses me off the most.  

Well said.
CH
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:31:32 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I have passed through the eye of the needle, and didn't even need to go down on anyone.  

That makes you less angry how, exactly?

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:50:43 PM EDT
[#47]
I don't get angry.
I get prepared.
If I can't prepare for it, I don't worry about it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:55:33 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Do you get tired of being angry?

No...I literally store it up for the day that I assign it a purpose.

Good to see I'm not the only PNW'er on the brink.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:57:33 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That makes you less angry how, exactly?

Durka Mohammed Jihad Durka!  
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:00:42 PM EDT
[#50]
If I lived up where you live I be pretty angry all the time too.. Its all that damn fresh air... Makes ya crazy.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top