Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2005 5:13:43 PM EDT
What is the best way to cook a Prime Ribeye steak on a Weber charcoal grill?  Times, marinade, number of briskets, so on.  All of the steaks I seem to buy just dont turn out as good as a Prime Rib from Outback.  Burgers, dogs, kelbosa and anything else turns out great.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:15:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:18:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Prime Rib is nothing more than a Ribeye steak.  If the bone is in, you're better off broiling it.  If it's well-marbled and has a nice bit of fat on the edges, then grilling's OK.

Rub it with your seasoning, then put a nice coat of Olive Oil on both sides to keep the juices in.  Grill as normal, but it'll be best if done medium-rare.  Cook directly over the coals and make sure to use Tongs to turn...DO NOT use a fork.

HH
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:31:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:34:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Now as an aside, I don't know if you're talking about a "Prime" grade ribeye steak.  If you're talking about "Prime Rib", that's a slow-roasted (normally oven roasted) recipe.

I have no Idea to which you are talking
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:49:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:56:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The dish you're trying to replicate.  Does it look like a grilled steak (grill marks on the top and bottom of the steak) or does it look like it was sliced from a larger piece of meat (meaning that the top and bottom have no grill marks)?

Grill marks = Grilled steak.  Your steak was sliced from (basically) a raw prime rib roast.  Then it was seasoned, and cooked over a hot fire.  There are grades of meat.  Usually Choice and Prime.  The difference in these grades is basically the marbling (intramuscular fat) present in them.  Prime being more marbling, higher grade, and generally tastier.  

No grill marks = prime rib.  Your prime rib was part of a raw prime rib roast, that was seasoned and slow roasted.  Once the whole roast was done, it was sliced off of the COOKED roast, and placed on the plate.

Im trying to get a good medium rare thick steak off the grill.  Seems most meet from the store sucks, and has no taste.  I use seasoning such as Lea and Perkins, and Mosquite, but still no luck of producing a steak that is as good as a steak from a steak house.  I like Prime Rib the most, but my oven doesnt work, I have to buy a new one soon, but like to grill out the most.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:07:01 PM EDT
[#7]
rub with favotite spice blend  (really a matter of personal preference) toss onto grill for 6-8 minutes turn over repeat remove eat.

thats about all i do when grilling steaks.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:20:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Right now I'm stuck in NM and every steak house I have been too, even half-decent ones serve bland and unseasoned steaks  I can't get a good steak anywhere around here and I can't really grill right now.  Sucks!!  Ow well, I'll be out of here pretty soon.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top