Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2005 7:01:53 AM EDT
I have read alot of DU conspiracy theories in my time and laughed pretty hard at all of them.  This one is prtty creative even for them

Levees opened on purpose?

ohio_liberal  (1000+ posts)      Mon Sep-05-05 10:27 AM
Response to Reply #2
3. I've heard rumors
Just rumors, no links, and I don't know that I believe it or not.
Supposedly they opened up some of the levees in the poorer sections to relieve/prevent flooding in other (better) areas. The older folks believe it is true because they say it happened before during another time of flooding.

thecorrection  (494 posts)      Mon Sep-05-05 10:46 AM
Response to Reply #9
11. Ummm, population control
One could speculate in many ways. What better way to minimize a poor socio-economic class than by making a natural disaster the blame for mass murder. I'm not saying that I believe this sort of theory but it could be one. You get rid of the lower-income people, then you can build up the area. That's being done where I live in VA. The lower-income folks (mostly black) are being pushed out of their neighborhoods and then people are coming in and building up real estate value. Won't be long before I'll be unable to live in the area and I'm no where near as poor as these folks.

MadeinOhio (694 posts)      Mon Sep-05-05 10:53 AM
Response to Reply #12
14. Not just control.....
Sick minded things like racist eugenics, destroy a whole area of the town because you hate them for stopping your corporate takeover. Then re-build it as an oil factory or city mall.

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:04:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Jesus Mary and Joseph... what are these people smoking?

- BG

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:05:43 AM EDT
[#2]
an oil factory??

WTF
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:07:02 AM EDT
[#3]
They're still going on the belief that Bush has a guided-hurricane making machine?
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:08:23 AM EDT
[#4]
They sure do come up with good ideas though.
oops....im joking....
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:08:39 AM EDT
[#5]
We already know the DU is on acid.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:22:01 AM EDT
[#6]
That stinks so bad so i can smell over here!
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:24:44 AM EDT
[#7]
When I need a really good laugh, I go to DU. Nothing beats those idiots for shear amusement value.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:25:50 AM EDT
[#8]
That idea I actually believe.

Save at least one neighborhood, the French Quarter, rather than letting both of them go down.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:29:58 AM EDT
[#9]
oh crap!

they figured it out.

at the next neo-con meeting with the illuminati, we'll have to tell Bush to cover it up asap!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top