Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2005 11:04:27 PM EDT
The strain was apparent in other ways. Aaron Broussard, president of Jefferson Parish, dropped his head and cried on NBC's "Meet the Press."

"The guy who runs this building I'm in, emergency management, he's responsible for everything. His mother was trapped in St. Bernard nursing home, and every day she called him and said, `Are you coming, son? Is somebody coming?' And he said, `And yeah, Momma, somebody's coming to get you. Somebody's coming to get you on Tuesday. Somebody's coming to get you on Wednesday. Somebody's coming to get you Thursday. Somebody's coming to get you on Friday' — and she drowned Friday night. She drowned on Friday night," Broussard said.

Link

Yeah, somebody will think of something.  At the last minute.  It's important.

Maybe the Market will think of something.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:06:15 PM EDT
[#1]
he should have fucking gone down and got his fucking mother.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:08:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Smells fishy.  The phone system was out, according to the mayor.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:10:16 PM EDT
[#3]
It wasnt his mother... it was the mother of the person who manages the building he is working in.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:12:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Blame fully on the State of LA, the Mayor of NO, and officials of Jefferson Parish. They should have evacuated when asked to by the White House 3 days before the storm hit.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 2:31:01 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It wasnt his mother... it was the mother of the person who manages the building he is working in.

Well don't assume that Peak_Oil will let facts get in his way.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 2:42:28 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The strain was apparent in other ways. Aaron Broussard, president of Jefferson Parish, dropped his head and cried on NBC's "Meet the Press."

"The guy who runs this building I'm in, emergency management, he's responsible for everything. His mother was trapped in St. Bernard nursing home, and every day she called him and said, `Are you coming, son? Is somebody coming?' And he said, `And yeah, Momma, somebody's coming to get you. Somebody's coming to get you on Tuesday. Somebody's coming to get you on Wednesday. Somebody's coming to get you Thursday. Somebody's coming to get you on Friday' — and she drowned Friday night. She drowned on Friday night," Broussard said.

Link

Yeah, somebody will think of something.  At the last minute.  It's important.

Maybe the Market will think of something.

Reading is fundamental
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:47:43 AM EDT
[#7]
TFB.  If the emergency workers can't get their act together to save the general public why should their families be different.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:51:58 AM EDT
[#8]
This is one of those cases where the only way to ensure everyone survives is to evacuate before the storm hits. That's why evacuations orders were issued.

If you wait until after the storm hits, things become greatly complicated.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:21:33 AM EDT
[#9]
I heard this on Drudge last night.

IIRC, it was Russert interviewing Broussard.  Broussard definately was upset.

I gotta go with Enigma here - he should've gone and got his mother.  The damn bldg would've survived while he was gone.  Pretty fucked up.  I hope he has suffers (emotionally) for his inaction.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:59:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Dupe!!

It was not his mother.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:50:35 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Dupe!!

It was not his mother.

Whose Mama you talkin; 'bout!  

Broussard said, "The guy who runs this building I'm in, emergency management, he's responsible for everything. His mother was trapped in St. Bernard nursing home, and every day she called him and said..."

But it wasn't Broussard's mother.

Unless you have some other source you'd like to share.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top