Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2005 5:58:14 PM EDT
Just reported on Fox. I hope to hell it's hype.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:05:43 PM EDT
[#1]
If this is Maria, its not expected to make landfall.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:06:13 PM EDT
[#2]
only hurricane that is showing on the hurricane web site.

MARIA
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:14:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Not Maria. There is a system around the Bahamas combined with a building high pressure system over New England is supposed to develop into a storm, according to the Fox weather guy that was going nutz last Sunday.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:17:38 PM EDT
[#4]
He is talking about 13L.  It's the 13th Low of the season that is just a storm right now.  It isn't very orgainized right now, all depends on the Bermuda high.  Take this as a grain of salt, I'm not a meterologist.

John

The one on the far right is Maria, 13L is off the Florida coast to the east
Edited to add
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:25:51 PM EDT
[#5]
The water temps have been significantly lowered from Katrina, so tropical developement is not expected but "could" occur with the low pressure sitting around the Bahamas and high pressure nesting in the mid-upper Atlantic. I don't think it will happen. I see his point but don't think it has the fuel to start anything significant.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top