Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2005 3:57:02 PM EDT
How does one go about getting an M-16 LEGALLY... What ATF forms or procedures go with getting one. I also heard that the prices for M-16's are VERY expensive. He lurks on here but doesnt post.... why? I dont know. Any forthcoming help will be appreciated.

DrFrige
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:57:55 PM EDT
[#1]
IM Napalm
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:59:06 PM EDT
[#2]
What state does he live in?

Does he have $10,000++ (Depending)?

Does he reload?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:59:51 PM EDT
[#3]
8-10K, plus the 200 dollar thing, and a fairly long wait for the background check to complete.  You also have to find someone willing to sign the paperwork.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:59:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:01:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Click

This is from the Full Auto section in the AR15 forum.  Try there all types of info to include forms needed etc.

ETA  <-------------Damn I missed my 1000th post!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:02:26 PM EDT
[#6]
He'll need to find a Registered Reciever for sale, or DIAS or LL, RR are selling for around 14-17k right now, RDIAS are like 12-14k, LLs around 10-12k.  Once he finds something he wants, he'll have to get an ATF Form 4, fill it out, then get it signed by his local Chief LEO, or form a Corperation.  Then send it and a 200 dollar check to the ATF who will take their sweet time to aprove it, then eventually send it back with a aproved tax stamp attached too it, then he can give money to the person who he's buying it from.  All of this is dependant on the fact he lives in a NFA state.  If he finds a RR thats out of state, he'll need to find a dealer who can transfer it into the his state of residence, this will take an additional form 4 and another 200 bucks.  Once he gets this all done he can take home his new toy.

ETA: check the NFA side of this board, lots of good info there.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:03:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Tell him he's a little late, but welcome to the battle to restore our rights and protect ourselves.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top