Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2005 10:10:56 AM EDT

I was just going through me pic of NO and was wondering about their zoo? I guess the gators did o.k. but there was some expensive exotic animals killed. Better hope none of the snakes got out.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:16:15 AM EDT
[#1]
They're just animals.

If they're aquatic carnivores, shoot to kill.

Humane Society has been evacuating animal shelters in the area.  Waste of resources if you ask me.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:18:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:23:37 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
most likely drowned. those that escaped are harmless or well fed right now.

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:24:15 AM EDT
[#4]
The zoo I work at got word from the Audubon zoo a day or two ago that the flooding missed them, all the animals survived.  Last I heard there were twelve staffers were hunkering down and still caring for the animals (also apparently helping the police with gas reserves and a place the stay)  The Aquarium has been abandoned for the most part as it is aparrently right in the center of the looting and violence.  Last I heard was on friday, so who knows how much the situation has changed since then.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:24:48 AM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:27:13 AM EDT
[#6]
I'd say they would make for a good meal by now...  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:29:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Dinner Pic!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:32:04 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

You got me! Never thought about eatting them!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:35:56 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Ironically, the zoo is apparently one of the better prepared places in NO.  Supposedly they have enough foood and supplies to last a while and the wherewithall to defend themselves. I think darting looters would be a hell of a fun way to pass some time.  Besides, I've had some exotic game and for the most part the meat tastes like crap.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top