Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/3/2005 5:01:17 PM EDT
I know the source is WND, but having heard the bozo mayor Nagin lose it, I tend to believe it.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=46134

Last night he told a reporter for the Associated Press: "If the CIA slips me something and next week you don't see me, you'll all know what happened."

Today he told interviewers for CNN on a live broadcast he feared the "CIA might take me out."

Nagin resorted to vulgarity and profanity yesterday in his pleas for help. But he was actually calmer today, despite the hyperbole.

Nagin said Bush gave him a "hearty" greeting and did not seem at all offended by Nagin's earlier outburst.

"I do think the pleas for help basically got the nation's attention, and the nation's attention got everybody to stop and re-evaluate what was going on, including the president. ... He basically said, 'Look, our response was not what it should have been and we're going to fix it right now.'"

Nagin said evacuation has been hampered by officials' difficulty grasping where state authority ends and federal authority begins and he said he very frankly urged Bush and Blanco to get a clear chain of command straightened out immediately.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:03:34 PM EDT
[#1]
He thinks the CIA is after him? Is he a tweeker?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:04:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm sure he'll be re-elected. Remember Marion Barry?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:05:07 PM EDT
[#3]
It was your city big boy (Nagin or Naquin?); take charge of it.  Lead from the front.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:05:38 PM EDT
[#4]
New Orleans needs a Rudy Guliani.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:06:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Probably.  The man descended into mental instability on the air.  I watched the progression over the past five or six days.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:07:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I hope they take out the Chief of Police also.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:08:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:09:27 PM EDT
[#8]
The CIA isn't gonna mess with him. He is small potatoes.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:09:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Sucks to be New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin.  

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:10:19 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The CIA isn't gonna mess with him. He is small potatoes.

I looked up the phrase "in over his head" and saw his picture.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:10:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:12:07 PM EDT
[#12]
This whole thing, with the mayor, the looting, and everything else, is the most insane sh*t I have ever seen in my whole friggin life, and THAT is saying something.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:14:21 PM EDT
[#13]
he's prolly just going through some withdrawal symptoms because his source is too busy burying all the nike shoes he has amassed in the last week or so.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:20:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:26:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Today in the news a small missonary orginization from Langley, VA called the Christians In Action are heading to the torn town of New Orleans to help the community leadership.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:27:54 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Today in the news a small missonary orginization from Langley, VA called the Christians In Action are heading to the torn town of New Orleans to help the community leadership.

May they bless Nagin with their special touch.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:30:14 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

yes, this pretty much seals his re-election, and he will then use it as a platform to run against Juliani.  WTF is the world coming to?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:30:28 PM EDT
[#18]
One should not take hallucinagenics drugs before an interview, you may make an ass of yourself
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:30:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Cut the mayor a break.  His supplier has been busy.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:36:54 PM EDT
[#20]
The line is long and I doubt he's on the list.  Now the Gov of LA she needs to be bitch slapped
and replaced ASAP.  There was no reason she couldn't have just said give me everything you got with noteing" Mill, Gov, Agency's".   She would have gotton it.  Marines can be just about anywhere in pretty large numbers in 24hours.  She just failed to make the call.  

wolf
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:39:31 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Is that group related to the group The Army of Northern Virginia?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:40:48 PM EDT
[#22]
The most profound statement he's made throughout this whole SHTF debacle. This guy should be trying to save his city, and instead he's off thinking about a CIA conspiracy? What a nutjob!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:42:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Yea he knows right where the blame lays , now just doing the two step . Why would the CIA wack him anyway ? fuckin loser is gonna have to live with this mess that he and the govener made . He helped kill his own city w/ inaction . He's probably right someone proly will wack him , one of his nieghbors .
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:44:58 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
The line is long and I doubt he's on the list.  Now the Gov of LA she needs to be bitch slapped
and replaced ASAP.  There was no reason she couldn't have just said give me everything you got with noteing" Mill, Gov, Agency's".   She would have gotton it.  Marines can be just about anywhere in pretty large numbers in 24hours.  She just failed to make the call.  

wolf

It would not surprise me if the LA governor spent many hours in conference calls with the democratic senators to determine the best way to maneuver the political landscape of this clusterf*ck while simultaneously making the republican administration look bad.  She should have put the politics on a shelf and looked out for her people.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:45:17 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
It was your city big boy (Nagin or Naquin?); take charge of it.  Lead from the front.

+1

It is amazing that in light of a disaster of this size, the people who need to respond to their states time of need fail.  When you see the mayor and the Govenor slandering the President.  That is unsat.   They are in charge of their respective cities and state.  Destructive weather is nothing new to that region and that is why they are the elected officals.  They are supposed to take care of their people.  

Here is how Mayor Max would of thought this through.

1.  Activate the National Guard and establish a COC or Command and Control center.
2.  Issue orders to all of the mayors, chief of police of all towns and establish food sites, emergency medical treatment and also how to keep law and order.
3.  Contact surrounding states and ask for them to have assistance on standby.  IE National Guard, food, water, busses etc...
4.  Contact the Federal Govt and ask for financial and manpower assistance.
5.  Use the media as a tool to issue orders and to get accountability.

Thats just for starter.

Max
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:48:30 PM EDT
[#26]
It is sad to see a man with a drug habit go thru detox on national tv.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:53:00 PM EDT
[#27]
I think he should have to live in the superdome until the city is rebuilt.

That ott'a put some perspective on his fuck'up.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:56:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Makes perfect sense...he was unclear as to whether the state or fed was supposed to take over his job when there was some real thinking to be done...glad he cleared that up...
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:57:02 PM EDT
[#29]

Kill him?  Even IF Bush was such a person, and even IF Christians In Action would go along with it, there is no way anybody on the Repub. side would want him dead.  Every disaster has to have a fall guy, and he's it and deservedly so.

No.  His fate, along with that worthless governor is going to be going before the Congressional "Katrina" commission to take a public whipping.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:57:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Compare and contrast with actions of San Francisco Mayor, PD and FD.

April 18, 1906
San Francisco was wrecked by a Great Earthquake at 5:13 a.m., and then destroyed by the seventh Great Fire that burned for four days. Hundreds, perhaps thousands of trapped persons died when South-of-Market tenements collapsed as the ground liquefied beneath them. Most of those buildings immediately caught fire, and trapped victims could not be rescued. Reevaluation of the 1906 data, during the 1980s, placed the total earthquake death toll at more than 3,000 from all causes. Damage was estimated at $500,000,000 in 1906 dollars.

Fire Chief Engineer Dennis T. Sullivan was mortally wounded when the dome of the California Theatre and hotel crashed through the fire station in which he was living at 410-412 Bush St. Acting Chief Engineer John Dougherty commanded fire operations.

The earthquake shock was felt from Coos Bay, Oregon, to Los Angeles, and as far east as central Nevada, an area of about 375,000 square miles, approximately half of which was in the Pacific Ocean. The region of destructive effect extended from the southern part of Fresno County to Eureka, about 400 miles, and for a distance of 25 to 30 miles on either side of the fault zone. The distribution of intensity within the region of destruction was uneven. Of course, all structures standing on or crossing the rift were destroyed or badly damaged. Many trees standing near the fault were either uprooted or broken off. Perhaps the most marked destruction of trees was near Loma Prieta in Santa Cruz County, where, according to Dr. John C. Branner of Stanford University, “The forest looked as though a swath had been cut through it two hundred feet in width.” In little less than a mile he counted 345 earthquake cracks running in all directions.

U.S. Post Office at Seventh and Mission sts. was dreadfully damaged by the earthquake. Assistant to the Postmaster Burke said, “walls had been thrown into the middle of various rooms, destroying furniture and covering everything with dust. In the main corridors the marble was split and cracked, while the mosaics were shattered and had come rattling down upon the floor. Chandeliers were rent and twisted by falling arches and ceilings.”

Fireman James O’Neill, drawing water for the horses in Fire Station No. 4 on Howard Street opposite Hawthorne, was killed when a wall of the American Hotel collapsed onto the fire station.

Police officer Max Fenner was mortally wounded when a wall collapsed upon him at 138 Mason Street.

All telephone and telegraph communications stopped within the city, although some commercial telegraph circuits to New York and to India, via the Pacific cable at the Ocean Beach, remained in temporary operation.

A messenger arrived at Ft. Mason at 6:30 a.m. with orders from Gen. Funston to send all available troops to report to the mayor at the Hall of Justice.

First army troops from Fort Mason reported to Mayor Schmitz at the Hall of Justice around 7 a.m.

At 8 a.m., the 10th, 29th, 38th, 66th, 67th, 70th and 105th Companies of Coast Artillery, Troops I and K of the 14th Cavalry and the First, Ninth and 24th Batteries of Field Artillery arrived Downtown to take up patrol.

Seventy-five soldiers from Companies C and D, Engineer Corps were assigned to the Financial District at 8 a.m., and another 75 along Market from Third Street to the City Hall at Grove and Larkin streets.

A major aftershock struck at 8:14 a.m., and caused the collapse of many damaged buildings. There was much panic.

Second day session of the Grand Chapter of the Royal Arch Masons of the state of California fifty-second annual convocation. The group met after the earthquake but evacuated before the temple at Montgomery and Post streets was destroyed by fire. The Masons listed the date as April 18, A.I. 2436, A.D.

At 10 a.m. Headquarters and First Battalion 22nd Infantry, were brought from Ft. McDowell by boat, and were held for a time in reserve at O’Farrell St. They were later utilized as patrols and to assist the fire department.

At about 10:05 a.m. the DeForest Wireless Telegraph Station at San Diego radioed press reports of the disaster at San Francisco to the “U.S.S. Chicago.” Admiral Caspar Goodrich immediately ordered fires started under all boilers, and after a confirmation message from the Mayor of San Diego, the “Chicago” steamed at full speed for San Francisco. It was the first time wireless telegraphy was used in a major natural disaster.

At 10:30 a.m., the “U.S.S. Preble” from Mare Island, under the command of Lt. Frederick Newton Freeman, landed a hospital shore party at the foot of Howard St. to help the wounded and dying who sought help at Harbor Emergency Hospital.

Mayor Schmitz was a political cypher, a corrupt tool of special interests.  However, he rose to the challenge and was one of the strongpoints around which the recovery was centered.  He immediately did what was right with no concern to the effect on his patrons.

I would expect that this Mayor need to be worried about somebody from the city taking him out.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:59:40 PM EDT
[#31]
It is HIS city and yet he kept saying that THEY need to do something.
Some people step up and some do not.  
He falls into the latter group.
He is trying to cover his rear and blame everyone else for his incompetence.

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:12:59 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

It is amazing that in light of a disaster of this size, the people who need to respond to their states time of need fail.  When you see the mayor and the Govenor slandering the President.  That is unsat.   They are in charge of their respective cities and state.  Destructive weather is nothing new to that region and that is why they are the elected officals.  They are supposed to take care of their people.  

1.  Activate the National Guard and establish a COC or Command and Control center.
2.  Issue orders to all of the mayors, chief of police of all towns and establish food sites, emergency medical treatment and also how to keep law and order.
3.  Contact surrounding states and ask for them to have assistance on standby.  IE National Guard, food, water, busses etc...

Thats just for starter.

Max

your plan sucks...good initiative, just bad judgment.  but hey, you ain't the mayor so we can't expect you to have the kind of plan the mayor should have been having all day meetings for weeks to come up with.  I don'thave a plan either, but that's what mayors are for!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:16:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Take him out where? Dinner? Movie? Broadway Play?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:26:45 PM EDT
[#34]
The guy should be taken out,

he totally dropped the ball on preperation, evacuation, command & control, asking for federal help in a timely manner, and making an ass of himself on internationa TV.  I just have to believe that the CIA has better things to do right now than worry abt his sorry butt.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:20:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Didn't every city get funding to improve emergency plans after 9/11?  If so, I wonder where he pissed away that money...
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:27:37 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Didn't every city get funding to improve emergency plans after 9/11?  If so, I wonder where he pissed away that money...

Crank and whores.

But he will get reelected.  The people that elected him think it is the responsibility of the Federal Government to act without call...when they need it.

Now if Congress had been in session and voted for sending troops in Sunday (a week ago), the mayor and governor would be calling this racist ot some other shit.

Act dumb and they get Federal Funds.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:39:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Dont need the CIA, he took himself out over the air
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:41:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Maybe they will use "Covert Snipers."

Seriously though, the Mayor and Police Chief of NO should be fired in the worst sort of way.  Their total lack of propre prearation KNOWING what was header their way aside, they have proven to themselves to be weak and imcompetent leaders with their On-Air hysterics.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:44:00 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

no.
Richard Marcinko
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:44:58 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

The CIA is the least of his problems. Residents of 'Nawlins want his hide.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:53:28 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

no.
Richard Marcinko

Looks to me like thay've already got enough asshat liars.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:54:57 PM EDT
[#42]
I was thinking about this ealier today.

LA/NO corruption is legendary. Soon, there will be "investigations" about this whole dabacle. I wonder how many will be "taken out", "silenced" etc., etc.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:34:06 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

He's black.

The city is (was) 67% black.

He'll get re-elected as long as he isn't found having sex with assorted farm animals. Even then, it's a toss-up.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:43:48 AM EDT
[#44]
I hate to say it, but they should let Edwin Edwards out of prison and put him back in as Governor.  He was a crook, but at least he did something for LA, and he could make decisions.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:08:39 AM EDT
[#45]
 He's meerly a reflection of the people who elected him - as is all the leadership of New Orleans and the State of Louisiana...........granted there are good people there who vote for good candidates........but the Louisiana Governor and Major of New Orleans simply show us the effect of elected scumbags for office. You get what you pay for - crisis or not - they have no mental capacity to lead anything. I only feel for the truly innocent victims in all this - and there are plenty of them. The social parasites who are breaking the law left and right can rot and die. Nor do I feel concerned about the mostly corrupt government there. But its a sad day for the innocent people who for some credible reason could not evacuate - and also the smart ones who evacuated and lost everything. Prior to the hurricane, New Orleans was still top on my list of "cities not to live in". A lot of people inadvertently chose their fate
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:43:40 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I know the source is WND, but having heard the bozo mayor Nagin lose it, I tend to believe it.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=46134

Last night he told a reporter for the Associated Press: "If the CIA slips me something and next week you don't see me, you'll all know what happened." {/red]

Today he told interviewers for CNN on a live broadcast he feared the "CIA might take me out."

Nagin resorted to vulgarity and profanity yesterday in his pleas for help. But he was actually calmer today, despite the hyperbole.

Nagin said Bush gave him a "hearty" greeting and did not seem at all offended by Nagin's earlier outburst.

"I do think the pleas for help basically got the nation's attention, and the nation's attention got everybody to stop and re-evaluate what was going on, including the president. ... He basically said, 'Look, our response was not what it should have been and we're going to fix it right now.'"

Nagin said evacuation has been hampered by officials' difficulty grasping where state authority ends and federal authority begins and he said he very frankly urged Bush and Blanco to get a clear chain of command straightened out immediately.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep.. To me it means you will be slipping out of town( out of US) you coward...

He didn't use city assets to evacuate people before the storm. While the SOB was willing to take cars, home and property from private individuals to get people out of town or put up people in during and after the stom.

All those assets are underwater. He had the city assets left behind to be flooded and destroyed by Katrina, and then to be replaced by FEMA after the storm.

Where are the Buses that could have save alot of peoples lives before the storm?

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:48:23 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I think he should have to live in the superdome until the city is rebuilt.

That ott'a put some perspective on his fuck'up.

That would be to good for him.

Misery needs company. He and the Governor should be sharing a shanty in the worst flooded area of the city.

Just heard that it will take 6 months to pump it all out.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:01:30 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Thats just for starter.

Max

Excellent.

Your using logic.

Which means you're not qualified to be a politician!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:08:47 AM EDT
[#49]
The guy clearly had a nervous breakdown.  He lost it completely due to:

1.  Being who he is
2.  Complete and utter lack of planning at the City and State level.  

For Gods sakes, it's a seaside town below sea level.  Katrina was the worst case scenario come true and they had no plans in place to handle it.  The STATE government should have had everything spelled out so that any dipshit mayor could follow a list of "to-do" items.  No thinking, just start going down the friggin' list.

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:22:27 AM EDT
[#50]
What a maroon! He wouldn't be woth the effort.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top