Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2005 10:08:51 PM EDT
I am looking for an example of a famous photo of a German panzergrenadier throwing a grenade.  Dascription:  (Unless the negative is reversed) The soldier is lying prone, looking from left to right, with a stick grenade cocked above his head in his right hand.  He is wearing a steel helmet and has a scarred or pockmarked face.  Basically, he looks determined and tough as nails.

I suspect the photo is posed, but wanted to take another look at it.

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:11:51 PM EDT
[#1]

?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:12:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Without the wordin.

Took 10 seconds via google!

Google is your friend!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:13:10 PM EDT
[#3]
That's Templars old avatar.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:13:39 PM EDT
[#4]

more of the scene
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:16:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Gotta hand it to em.  They were pretty freakin tough soldiers.  Too bad they had to die for a complete lunatic.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:19:31 PM EDT
[#6]
That's it.  Thank you gentlemen.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:27:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Russian sniper target practice
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:34:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Gotta hand it to em.  They were pretty freakin tough soldiers.  Too bad they had to die for a complete lunatic.

At least it was not Bush's fault.  On the other hand, if it were not for that lunatic it would have been very close thing.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:34:55 PM EDT
[#9]
My Dad was a Cpl in Patton's 3rd.  372nd Engineers under Genrl Manton Eddy, 12 Corps.  I remember what he said:

The Germans were good soldiers,  the people were like we knew in the states.  The SS were fanatics.  They never quit until dead.

He never talked much about the war.

(Flames gladly ignored)

rick
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top