Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2005 7:02:07 PM EDT
Did anyone else see how he said he was telling President Bush and the Gov. what to do?  For goodness sake man, no one believes you.  No one thinks you said anything other than "Yes sir, yes ma'am and thank you sir and ma'am."  

Too bad the majority of your voting base was shipped to Houston.  Good luck next election, doofus.

Freakin' idiot.

G
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:03:31 PM EDT
[#1]
While theres issues of the rescue I think they could be doing better, by God they wouldnt even have to have DONE a rescue if the mayor would have acted like a leader and made the hard decisions before the hurricane even hit.

Far as I see it, the mayor bears the brunt of the blame for the current situation.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:05:27 PM EDT
[#2]
My post from another thread:

Quoted:

+1.  There's the guy who really dropped the ball. He instructed his citizens to come to the Superdome for shelter and help, but failed to provide food, water, and functional facilities for these people.  After several days of being hot, hungry, lied to and starved for information, and several rapes and murders in the dome, he instructed his people to begin walking and find help on their own.  NO mayor is a fucking idiot.  JMHO

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:14:19 PM EDT
[#3]
NO PD = No PD

G
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:16:02 PM EDT
[#4]
FWIW, our mayor (in Pittsburgh) would have been every bit as inept.

Think profound incompetence is a prerequisite for Democratic mayors.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:23:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I believe that you can add LA's Governor to that list as well.  Every time I see her on TV she looks as though she's about to cry.  She's done a pretty good job of doing nothing so far.  I wonder if she's related to ours?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:35:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Good point Woodsy.  She's a disaster in herself.

G
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:03:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I saw again the video of Mayor Nagin announcing the mandatory evacuation. It was a halfhearted mumble that gave the impression even he didn't believe it. Compare him to the leadership of Mayor Rudy Giuliani when the Trade Towers were hit.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top