Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2005 4:55:49 PM EDT
I think Shep is losing it. Anybody else catch the exchange on FOX?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:00:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Taking into consideration the circumstances he's working in, I think Shep should get some kind of award.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:05:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, saw it.  Your right he looks...........ragged.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:06:10 PM EDT
[#3]
He is in a living hell. I vote we send him a valium.

Bob
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:07:11 PM EDT
[#4]
He [Shep] needs a break. He is passionate about the South, but ahhh  get a grip.

myit
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:07:48 PM EDT
[#5]
He is on H&C right now.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:08:35 PM EDT
[#6]
My wife just walked in and said Shep needs a break, some coffee and a good nights rest.  He's cracking up right before us.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:08:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Shep needs a cold beer and a Jenna Jameson DVD.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:09:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Shep keeps expecting someone to do something.

I expect any of us would be screaming into the mic by now if we had been there as long as he has.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:12:03 PM EDT
[#9]
now jeraldo is crying on live T.V. too.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:12:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Amazing that he is offering critisim, advice and telling it the way it is..and you all say he is loosing it.

He is not pointing fingers.

He is not blaming anyone.

Good on him.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:14:14 PM EDT
[#11]
... he has an a point

... Why aren't those people allowed to walk away from the Superdome and Convention Center. I don't quite understand the rationale behind that
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:15:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
... he has an a point

... Why aren't those people allowed to walk away from the Superdome and Convention Center. I don't quite understand the rationale behind that

Because they don't want them in the surrounding communities, to do there what the are doing to New Orleans
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:17:24 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Shep keeps expecting someone to do something.

I expect any of us would be screaming into the mic by now if we had been there as long as he has.

+1
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:17:45 PM EDT
[#14]
I didn't see what happened.  Anyone care to fill in the rest of us?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:19:11 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I think Shep is losing it. Anybody else catch the exchange on FOX?

Yeah. Big time. He and Geraldo are gonna start a riot down there if they're not careful.
I posted suggesting Bush fire a couple high rankers. Shep and Geraldo are making the case based upon their angst!

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:31:53 PM EDT
[#16]
I believe anybody would lose it after spending 5 days down there and seeing nothing being done. he pointed out that there is no cooridnation, that at best it's a hit and miss.......no one seems to be in charge, some are getting food and  water, others are just left behind.........this was a natual disaster, with at least 2 or 3 days warning that it is coming.....that certinly is enought time for  the local and state gov't to get their shit together who is to do what.

on a side note.......why is it that the US can go half way around the wold and deliever food and water within a week, but can't do the same in a day or 2 to a city right here in the US?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:38:44 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

on a side note.......why is it that the US can go half way around the wold and deliever food and water within a week, but can't do the same in a day or 2 to a city right here in the US?

I bet it would have been alot fast if it was middle class people.  Poor people always get fucked, no one cares about them
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:39:58 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I bet it would have been alot fast if it was middle class people.  Poor people always get fucked, no one cares about them

Especially the liberal Democrat politicians who make their livings off of them, just like the Mayor of N.O. and the Governor of LA.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:40:53 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I didn't see what happened.  Anyone care to fill in the rest of us?

Testing, testing.  Testing, one, two, three, four.

Is this thing on?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:42:09 PM EDT
[#20]
It's been a bad day and Bill ain't making it any easier.

And honestly WHAT THE FUCK is the deal with the checkpoints and people not being allowed to leave?

Excuse me? When did we decide to close the border between counties?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:43:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:45:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:47:43 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I believe anybody would lose it after spending 5 days down there and seeing nothing being done. he pointed out that there is no cooridnation, that at best it's a hit and miss.......no one seems to be in charge, some are getting food and  water, others are just left behind.........this was a natual disaster, with at least 2 or 3 days warning that it is coming.....that certinly is enought time for  the local and state gov't to get their shit together who is to do what.

flashbacks to Andrew
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:51:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:55:04 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It's been a bad day and Bill ain't making it any easier.

And honestly WHAT THE FUCK is the deal with the checkpoints and people not being allowed to leave?

Excuse me? When did we decide to close the border between counties?

Uhhh, I forget....

Has martial law been declared, or not?

If it has, then there's your answer.

Eric The(EasyEnough)Hun

So during the day you are NOT allowed to evacuate yourself?

That don't make too much sense.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:55:37 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
...on a side note.......why is it that the US can go half way around the wold and deliever food and water within a week, but can't do the same in a day or 2 to a city right here in the US?

You really don't know what you are talking about.  Seriously.  "A day."

Tell ya what, you hop in your ride and cruise on down to Orleans, drive through ten feet of sewage and pop into an internet cafe to report back how easy it was to get in there.  Hell, if you and Geraldo can get there why can't "they" get a couple hundred thousand troops in there overnight, right?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:58:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:00:09 PM EDT
[#28]
The Chief of Police was PISSED OFF that nothing has been done to get food/water to the people at the convention center.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:00:38 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Shep needs a cold beer and a Jenna Jameson DVD.

Trey
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:10:36 PM EDT
[#30]
saw shep on o'reilly....fuck o'reilly, i'm sick of people trying to sugarcoat this shit. imho shep is the best journalist on television. the situation is a complete cluster fuck and shep isn't placing blame he just wants to see people be helped. i'm sick of the sugarcoating & finger pointing bullshit in the media..this is a SHTF situation and i hope the best for everyone there...10k + dead is the prediction in NO...a sad week for america, god bless everyone who is helping from the coast guard, national guard to the volunteers....
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:15:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Shep is has been in the SHIT for 6 days and knows what is going on.  His frustration is apparent.
He wants the people helped and has earned my respect for the great reporting he has done in the Big Sleazy.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:41:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:13:26 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Tell ya what, you hop in your ride and cruise on down to Orleans, drive through ten feet of sewage and pop into an internet cafe to report back how easy it was to get in there.  Hell, if you and Geraldo can get there why can't "they" get a couple hundred thousand troops in there overnight, right?

hellooooooooooooooo.........how the fuck you think bush got down there for his photo op?  he landed at louis armstrong airport.........the military has a thing called CARGO PLANES! it's a wonderful concept, they not only are capable of carrying food, water and medical supplies, etc... but vehicles..........care to exsplain why ONLY TRUCKS have to drive there?

bush already called a natural disaster even before the hurrican hit......2 days before if I remember correctly, and this was a cat 5, now you would think that something that big hitting the US you would at least have planes loaded up and ready to go....or at the very least issue a heads up for the military to get down there within a day or so, with medical supplies, water and food, and to evacuate the innjured.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:28:59 PM EDT
[#34]
If you saw O'Reilly interview Larry Pratt you know he is a chickenshit.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:09:36 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
The Chief of Police was PISSED OFF that nothing has been done to get food/water to the people at the convention center.

According to the Chief in that interview, those people GOT food and water today.  He was pissed they weren't taken away in buses.

As for not being allowed to leave............don't ya think the guard would be a little leary of several thousand people wandering off into the city at this point?  They know where they are now, they have been fed and watered, they will pick them up when thier turn comes up.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:23:10 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

According to the Chief in that interview, those people GOT food and water today.  He was pissed they weren't taken away in buses.

As for not being allowed to leave............don't ya think the guard would be a little leary of several thousand people wandering off into the city at this point?  They know where they are now, they have been fed and watered, they will pick them up when thier turn comes up.

Is the same Chief of Police that had 40% to 60% of his people just not show up for the job in the last 4 days.

You don't let people leave because you cannot keep track of them in an out of control situation...
You don't let people leave because you have them where you can protect and feed them with the least effort…
You don’t let people leave because you don’t want them wondering around in disease carrying water…
You don't let people leave because you have a potential situation where epidemics are going to start any day...
You don't let people leave because some of them are inevitable get in a situation where you have to rescue them again eating up resources…
You don't let people leave because you are not stupid...
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:27:32 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

hellooooooooooooooo.........how the fuck you think bush got down there for his photo op?  he landed at louis armstrong airport.........the military has a thing called CARGO PLANES! it's a wonderful concept, they not only are capable of carrying food, water and medical supplies, etc... but vehicles..........care to exsplain why ONLY TRUCKS have to drive there?

bush already called a natural disaster even before the hurrican hit......2 days before if I remember correctly, and this was a cat 5, now you would think that something that big hitting the US you would at least have planes loaded up and ready to go....or at the very least issue a heads up for the military to get down there within a day or so, with medical supplies, water and food, and to evacuate the innjured.

Your wasting your  talent as a federal emergency action planner here on ARFCOM.  You're calling awaits sir..... get to it!  Get those birds in the air dropping men and equipment all over gods creation in a disaster zone
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:44:10 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ignorant BULLSHIT...

They did have planes ready they had C5s and C17s with swift boats to rescues survivors and other supplies ready to land as the wind subsided. The problem was there was no airport open within 200 miles of New Orleans the planes landed in Alexandria LA again 200 miles away and the boats were trucked to NO… this was before the levee failed BTW.

New Orleans airport has not been available until the last day and a half. You cannot fly anything by airplane in when there is no place to land. The military HAS been using the airport since it became available.

Helicopters were tied up picking up THOUSANDS of stranded people up.

The leeve failed early TUESDAY morning NOBODY knew until well after daylight… mean the scope of the problems have been apparent for only 3 days as of this morning…

AND still they got 30,000 people OUT by noon today.

Have you looked at satellite pictures of the damage most of the damn bridges north and east of the city are out for 100 miles? There is ONE road route form the west in to NO.

You are demonstrating you a completely ignorant of what has gone on and spouting the usual bullshit.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:58:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Sheps gonna go crazy before its all over.

WTH is going on where no one can drop some food and water to the folks on the bridge??
They (Fox) can send guys (in helicopters) to look for some little old lady who was already gone, but cant drop off some boxes of MRE and water to those folks. Crap throw them out the door from 10 feet up.
Man don't these people watch Star Trek? The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few (or the one).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top