Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2005 2:39:51 PM EDT
Let me see if I have this straight.

Let's review for the class:

1. New Orleans/LA ignored their levee problem for decades, choosing to provide welfare programs with their tax revenue instead of fixing the problem.
2. Cat 5 Hurricane Reported headed for NO. Annihilation likely
3. Mandatory evacuation ordered
4. City of NO doesn't enforce or help with evacuation
5. Many citizens who don't leave, engage in raping, looting, murder and assist in destroying the city
6. Many NO police abandon responsibility
7. Rescuers are shot at by NO citizens, disrupting rescue
8. NO/LA officials have no disaster plan knowing full well of the levee situation
9. Gangs of looters roam streets disrupting rescue
10. People die

Summary: It's all Bush's fault

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:47:43 PM EDT
[#1]

STUPID OBSERVATION/QUESTION OF THE DAY

Next time a CAT5 hurricane is predicted to hit an area do you think more people will take the warning seriously after what the USA has just experienced...?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:52:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not sure this "stupid question" is quite as self-evident as you would like.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:55:41 PM EDT
[#3]

I heard on the radio a lot of people moved towards the city during the hurricane, with the intention of looting in the aftermath.

Undoubtably there were a ton of home break-ins in the 24 hours preceeding the hurricane, with so many well-to-do people out of the city.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top