Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2005 12:48:07 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:52:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Utter bullshit.  Nobody resorts to cannibalism after going only four days without food, except in that episode of South Park where people were snowed in for a couple of hours.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:54:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I feel like human tonight, like human tonight...human tonight.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:58:56 PM EDT
[#3]
He really destroys his credibility when he makes it a racial issue.

Moron.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:00:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Moron.

My Thought exactly
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:01:41 PM EDT
[#5]
They only allow comments to be posted after review.

Dumbass.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:04:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Randall Robinson is a social
justice advocate and author
whose works include The Debt –
What America Owes to Blacks

Nuff said.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:11:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Moron.

I thought it was ALWAYS a racial issue
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:12:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Stupid made up liberal BS on that site, I'm shocked!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:13:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Nuff said.

+1

I realy doubt this person could consciously tell the truth.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:35:47 PM EDT
[#10]
My reply:

First off, either you're African or your American, you cannot be both.  If you want to be an African I suggest you buy a plane ticket and get the hell out of America. I'll willing to subsidize your one way plane ticket to expedite the process.

The failure in this falls upon the Local governments first.  They are charged with preparing for the disaster and relief efforts after the fact.  The Federal Government only acts when requested by local and state officials, so the local and state Government should have acted sooner.

Katrina didn't care what race you were. Most people remaining in New Orleans were too stupid to evacuate when asked to by the Mayor and then cry foul because someone isn't there to wipe their butt in the aftermath?  Back in the 1990's I saw TV shows on this scenario on the Discovery Channel. It wasn't a secret what would happen when a Hurricane struck.  Yet with all this knowledge in hand, people ignored the facts that they lived BELOW sea level and that a Category 5 hurricane was heading straight for them.  It's like standing in the middle of the street during rush hour and then whining after you get hit by a car and blaming it on someone else.  This is Darwinism at work.  If there is something that all these people have in common, its nobodies fault but their own.  

What about the New Orleans Mayor?  Why did he not use buses to get people out of the city before Katrina stuck?  Suddenly buses are a great idea, after the hurricane has struck.  Who's idea was it to put people into the Superdome?  Let's see, a large building with no electricity, no running water, and no windows for ventilation filled with thousands of people who are ill prepared to stay there.  I'd rather ride the storm out huddled under a cardboard box than be herded into that terrible stadium.  

Don't even try to compare the Tsunami victims to the Katrina victims, those people had seconds to prepare while the people of New Orleans had days.  And exactly what does "America" owe to Blacks that it doesn't owe to people of any other race?  Had it not been for Slavery, where would American Blacks be today?  Would they be living in their home Continent in a country ravaged by civil war, or disease, or famine or all of the above?

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:38:58 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Utter bullshit.  Nobody resorts to cannibalism after going only four days without food, except in that episode of South Park where people were snowed in for a couple of hours.

You got that right.  I also recommend, however, a movie called "Cannibal!  The Musical" created by the same people who brought you South Park.  If you've never seen it, it's got some really great parts in it.  It's based on the exploits of one Alfred (Alferd?) Packer.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:42:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Nuff said.

+1

another vulture circling the dead bodies.  Say something outrageous, get some media coverage, see a boost in your book sales...

EPOCH
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:50:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:52:36 PM EDT
[#14]
how can you even read ANYTHING On that blog without your head exploding???

get out the duct tape as Glenn  Beck would say.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:24:53 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I feel like human tonight, like human tonight...human tonight.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:26:50 PM EDT
[#16]
LOOTING CONTINUES ON HUFFINGTON POST
(AP Newswire)

Additional National Guard members were ordered to combat looting that has erupted at the Huffington Post today. The troops have already witnessed brazen incidents of criminality since the disaster began, as Huffposters gleefully sift among gnarled wreckage and corpses to find any blunt or broken object to swing at an administration they detest. "Looters are grabbing whatever they can to make themselves look smart, and make Bush look or feel bad," Greg Gutfeld said in a telephone interview, hiding under his desk.
"They're taking everything that isn't nailed down! It's not just to survive, they're using the dead for personal gain... PLEASE SEND HELP!"

Even though the disaster has killed an untold number of people, Huffposters have embraced the tragedy as a wonderful opportunity to pile on the president - even a member of the Kennedy family joined in. "As long as he is blogging," says one expert, "we know he's not raiding the clinic."

Meanwhile, witnesses have seen looters like Deanne Stillman mine the tragedy for cool watery metaphors. "People keep saying that the tide is turning against Bush," she writes, as bloated bodies float by. "Perhaps this flood is that literal tide...as we finally turn our backs on the big, handsome brute from Texas who is destroying our home." Also spotted, a clumsy Russian woman sifts through the debris for a plate of blame. "We are, in effect, being led from disaster to disaster by a headless horseman run amok with stuffed pockets and an empty conscience, " says Larisa Alexandrovna, who when questioned, claimed she was a poet. "You wouldn't know it," came the response, which confused her, because it actually rhymed (in iambic pentameter).

Elsewhere looters followed Bree Walker's example, linking the disaster to Bush's economy by reminding us that the troubled poor must be music "to the ears of the neocons. The rich are getting richer and the rest of the population are frozen out-- this is the perfect embodiment of the neocon design." Meanwhile, graduates of community college creative writing classes crafted open letters to the president. "I'm a lifelong Democrat and you're a Republican on the ropes, but for the good of the country I will give you a little advice," writes Trey Ellis, who should really be writing letters to his own children (the ones living with mom).

Refusing to step out of character for a moment -- Huffers are unable to
even feel anything for the victims. People who might have been smart once, are in the final throes of being eaten up by the bad ideas they've ingested. Randall Robinson, in a link-free reference, "reports" that "black hurricane victims in New Orleans have begun eating corpses to survive." We've tried to find published reports of that, but there aren't any. Perhaps it's just wishful thinking. Robinson is always looking for a free meal.

Meanwhile, the more sordid types simply find pleasure in the misfortune of others. "I also couldn't help but smile a little bit as I watched people pull their SUVs up to the pumps,"says Richard "Blow" Bradley. "I've never liked SUVs, so part of me is happy to see them suddenly become the bane of their owners' existence. I don't mean to be gloomy, but we could be seeing the toughest times in this country in seventy years." Most officials agree: Blow doesn't mean to be gloomy at all!

The contaminated floodwaters and dead bodies present a health problem, reporters say, as people have reported a "stench" in the water. But that smell could simply be the looters' leader, who has been seen wading through the floating muck, just to scold the president for insensitivity. "The president's 35-minute Air Force One flyover of Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama was the perfect metaphor for his entire presidency: detached, disconnected, and disengaged. Preferring to take in America's suffering -- whether caused by the war in Iraq or Hurricane Katrina -- from a distance," she says, from...her seven-figure home. "To the growing list of collateral damage caused by the Iraq war and Bush's stunningly inept leadership, we can now add the city of New Orleans."

Will the looting continue? Probably not. According to experts familiar with the Huffington post, the ghouls will grow tired and bored with using the dead, and return, probably in a week or so, to write about Cindy Sheehan - who, as we speak, is sitting in a corner, anxiously tapping her foot. Maybe she's hoping that Tropical Depression Lee, which is about 780 miles east of Bermuda, doesn't turn out to be anything really spectacular.

www.huffingtonpost.com/greg-gutfeld/looting-chaos-at-the-huff_b_6662.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top