Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2005 3:26:36 AM EDT
Evacuee Alleges Genocide, Says Kids Being Raped, Killed

UPDATED: 7:05 am EDT September 2, 2005

The once-glorious city of New Orleans is in ruins and its people in chaos from Hurricane Katrina.

For those who sought refuge in the New Orleans convention center, it became just another part of the nightmare. There are reports of rapes, beatings and fights in the convention center, where at least 15,000 people have sought safety.

One refugee said the victims have been left "like pure animals" with no care.

The New Orleans police chief said 15,000 people are trapped in the city's convention center. And he said some are being raped and beaten.

Alan Gould, a man who is an evacuee inside the convention center, told CNN that women and small children are being raped and killed. He called it genocide.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:29:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Glorious? figures it's CNN
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:32:04 AM EDT
[#2]
The first news reports I saw about people even being at the convention center was yesterday.  Most outside No didn't even know they were there.

Calling this Genocide is going too far.  how about some of the able bodied people there get the people commiting these acts and forcibly restrain them.  Preferrably with their heads under water until they stop resisting.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:38:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Rape in the Superdome. Now rape in the convention center. You'd think people living in these conditions would have something on their minds beside raping people, but I guess not.

BTW, where was this story reported so I can quote it?

ETA...nevermind, see that it's from CNN.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:41:23 AM EDT
[#4]
www.channelcincinnati.com    , NBC's  local news in cincinnati
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:30:34 AM EDT
[#5]
My big question is, there's 15,000 people inside.  One guy is raping a woman, I'm assuming she's screaming bloody murder.  Did the other 14,998 people just stand around and do nothing?  Have these people not learned a fucking thing from the 9/11 flight 93 airplane scenario?  One guy or a few guys cannot hold off a mob of thousands.  Take care of the fucking problem.

Myself, even unarmed and even if the rapist was armed, couldn't live with myself if I didn't try to do something to stop it.  If that meant getting several people together knowing that one or two of us would get shot, so be it.  Better than having to live with the fact that you watched a woman get raped and murdered and just stood by doing nothing.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:33:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Genocide, huh?

I'm sure the UN will get right on it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:37:02 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
My big question is, there's 15,000 people inside.  One guy is raping a woman, I'm assuming she's screaming bloody murder.  Did the other 14,998 people just stand around and do nothing?  Have these people not learned a fucking thing from the 9/11 flight 93 airplane scenario?  One guy or a few guys cannot hold off a mob of thousands.  Take care of the fucking problem.

Myself, even unarmed and even if the rapist was armed, couldn't live with myself if I didn't try to do something to stop it.  If that meant getting several people together knowing that one or two of us would get shot, so be it.  Better than having to live with the fact that you watched a woman get raped and murdered and just stood by doing nothing.

My guess (bet), is that it's 14900+ minorities, and since the guy's raping a white girl, they just stand around and watch

That, or they take em into a broom closet or something like that.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:37:56 AM EDT
[#8]
The people that stayed are a bunch of animals. Help somebody, hell they were probably cheering the raper's on. These people don't know how to help somebody, they have been on the governments tit for so long, they can't even help themselves.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:39:41 AM EDT
[#9]
IF for some very strange reason I didn't have my 45 on me, I at least always have my knife.  So shooting or stabbing the bastards is the first ideas.  Like ya said though, there are thousands down there.  Even with nothing more than sticks and bottles they could stop this.  I try to believe the better of people until shown otherwise.  This is definately the worst of people.  Every time I'd go to NO I'd have my pistol on me.  At least now I can say I wasn't paranoid, just prepared, and have proof to back it up.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:41:12 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

hmmmm........you are talking about 15,000 people - many who had the choice to LEAVE New Orleans and chose to stay because

a) the gubment would take care of their every need
b) they intended to monopolize the situation for their own evil gain
c) they were too damn stupid to leave - see a)
d) genuine victims........ie - the sickly, elderly, women, and children qualify imho.

Adult males have no excuse in New Orleans - they are either part of the solution - or part of the problem now. Its pretty cut in dry - if you are grown ass man watching women being raped or murdered - you are a pathetic human being.

New Orleans as a city is a fine example of what happens when liberal visionaries succeed. Products of the Nanny state are not trained to fight back. Armed or not - it is not the nature of sheeple to resist OR to come to the defense of others. Its sick and disgusting that people are being raped and murdered. The question remains - where did all the real men go? Were they ever there? And even still - how much can a bunch of unarmed sheeple do?? Remember - for years - only criminals and corrupt officials in New Orleans have been allowed to own guns. You think the average civilian can defend themselves with firearms? Add to that - that local officials are prohibiting firearms in these buildings - its a recipe for disaster..........naturally law abiding folks will tend to TURN IN their guns whereas gangbangers will keep them.  

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:41:33 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

exactly!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:41:55 AM EDT
[#12]
I assume that by the guy's comment that this is "genocide".....then he must be suggesting it's one race of people raping and killing people of another race. I don't want to turn this into a racial thread, but that's the only thing genocide could mean.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:06:47 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
The people that stayed are a bunch of animals. Help somebody, hell they were probably cheering the raper's on.

^
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top