Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2005 1:23:13 AM EDT
You guys should like this: (had a few victory pops after this happened and wrote this)

It's my day off (today/tomorrow), I was trying to have a nice quiet drinky with my 'ol field training officer (FTO). I live in my imediate patrol area. We normally DON'T DO LOCAL BARS.  But I thought I'd meet up with him at this "safe zone" & shoot the shat about shop.

Anyways, there's a shit load of bars in my AO, this one in particular is the only one we go to. When we go there, we're low key. The owners know who we are and are very acomidating.  It was an off night, nobody hanging around, and I figured "WTF".  

Well, of course there's ALWAYS 1 dick hanging around!!

This as$ wad was already at the bar, and was being a super drunkard beligerant ass hornet.... BIG TIME!!

We really didn'd say too much, but were watching him. We finally did tell him we would call a cab and pay for it for him. He litteraly said "FUCK YOU!!" It went down hill from there...

We were concerned about the girls (2 bartendrers). They didn't want us to leave until he was gone. They stated they had cut him off a long time ago and suggested he leave but wouldn't leave. It came to our attention that he's got a HUUUUGE creepy crush on one of the girls and became increasingly an ass bat.

He suddenly spat at the bartender & made his way to the door. We said "enough is enough" & had a unit in-bound via cel. The bartenders are ultra hotties BTW (I'll get pics)  

He blabbered meagor threats at us while stumbling out the door. Our unit rolled into the lot, and he made a run for it. Seeing that from the front window I ended up in short foot chase.

He zigged when he should've zagged and ended up front & center with our maked unit. His dumb as$ ended up in the car whining like soiled prom queen. Then he began smashing his own head against the windows a few times before he got a "motivational speach" from us.

FUNNY,   The ONLY 2 OTHER people at the bar besides him; ... he decided to pick a fight with 2 off duty in-city LEOs.  HAHAHAHA!!! I figured its justice for everybody who's been at a restaraunt or bar and had to deal with one of "these" guys.

that's my adventures for the night. I really just should've stayed home. I'm gonna have paper to do tomorrow (on my day off).

Anyway, that's my story. I wouldn't feel right denying my ARFC bros some wasted bandwidth. thanks for listening.

BTW instead of cop bashin my ass, let's hear your similure bar/resturuant stories

Cheers!

Cleaner
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:30:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:32:15 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Grown men shouldn't use the word, "drinky."  

I'll drink to that!....clinkies
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:48:38 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Grown men shouldn't use the word, "drinky."  

At least it wasn't "drinky-poo".  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:00:41 AM EDT
[#4]

maked unit
Yep, you've had a couple

You do mean Marked units, right?

Enjoy the day off.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:01:03 AM EDT
[#5]
"super drunkard beligerant ass hornet" made up for "drinky"
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:11:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Went through a similar incident when I met a local PD friend of mine at a bar.

Some drunken idiot tried to run out the door with the staffs tip jar.
So we chased him down and sat on him until the squad showed up.

The look on the guys face was priceless when my buddy showed him his badge though.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:13:09 AM EDT
[#7]
This story's from my girlfriend.  She was a bartender thru college and I have talked to her manager and he also confirmed the story.

She's working the bar one night and it's kinda busy, and a group of guys come in and sit at the far end of the bar.  Well, it's a busy night and she's trying to keep everyone happy and working pretty hard.  One of the guys, seems to be ordering for himself and one of his bud's as when he comes up to the bar he orders a beer and a crown&coke.

Well the night progresses on and the guys at the end of the bar start getting loud and annoying and keep asking for more peanuts, more peanuts.  That's when my GF notices that the guy ordering 2 drinks is actually drinking both of them.  She had been really busy that night and just concluded that he was ordering and covering for a friend.  Who drinks a miller lite and a Crown&Coke together?

Anyway, she decides to cut him off because it's pretty obvious that he's drunk because he's now shelling peanuts and throwing them across the bar.  Dude gets super irrate when she tells him no more alcohol for him and storms back to his group of friends and starts cussing loudly and throwing peanuts.

The Manager, a pretty no nonsense guy, walks over there and politely tells him to leave.  Thats when the drunk dumbass takes huge, wide arching, super telegraphed swing at the manager.  The manager ducks.

Remember the peanuts?  The ones he'd been shelling and eating all night? Well apparently his wide swing caused him to loose balance and step back, onto slippery peanuts shells.  

According to the manager, the sound of the drunk's head striking the big brass bar that's sitting below the bar for people to rest their feet on, sounded just like a church bell...  He was out cold and had to be carried out of the bar by his friends, as the manager was busy calling to police.

EPOCH
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:54:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Bravo.
I hate strongly dislike dudes who stalk bartenders. If some kind soul offered to pay for my ride home I would gladly take it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:46:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Kinda similar...only different.

Went to a local pub with a couple of cop-buddies and our wives. We had dinner and (literally) a couple of drinks...not a drunk fest. Inside the bar, some shit-bird tries to start a fight. I pass on the offer and we continue hanging out and talking. All the while, Skippy is still giving us the eye so we decide to go to avoid the trouble. We pay our tab and head out the door and Skippy stumbles out behind talking shit. Again we advise him he's much better off taking his drunk ass home and sleeping it off to avoid a very bad night. He, of course, continues his shit-stirring ways and grabbed my wife by the neck and pushed her onto the trunk of a car. At this point, I figure "You bought the ticket, you're gonna take the ride." And I proceeded to show him the error of his ways, via a couple of shots to his snot-box. He get's the point and slinks away. I guess one of our fine upstanding citizens sees this little exchange and calls 911 and a couple of co-workers show up. They asked what happened and I told them about his actions inside the bar and then the results outside. "Everything's everything", they say "glad you guys are OK, have a good night" and we go on home.

The next week I get called to IA to discuss the night's events and tell them exactly what happened. Then, the magic question...."Were you carrying an off duty weapon?" (Doesn't everybody?)

Long story short....10 day rip for Carrying an Off Duty Weapon While Having Consumed Alcohol and the dreaded Conduct Unbecoming.

Sometimes I love this job.....sometimes, not so much.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:02:41 AM EDT
[#10]
tagged for the pictures

job well done, glad you were able to save the ladies, im sure you can get "discounts" on drink next visit
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:18:08 AM EDT
[#11]

i worked as a bouncer at several local bars to pay the bills through college.

you see all kinds...

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:16:40 AM EDT
[#12]
I stopped into a little shit-hole bar somewhere off I-29 in Iowa on my way back to KC from Norfolk, NE. I think maybe it was Mondamin, IA. Anyway, this other engineer and I had been working outside in the hot sun all day and we though a beer would refresh our souls. (And it did!) So it's about 5:00 PM or so and the locals at the bar have been there all day suckin' em down. There's this one clown sitting at the bar, lous, obnoxious, stooopid and smelly. He's getting on everybody's nerves. The bartender, a middle-aged "broad", for lack of a better descriptor, tell the clown, "Mickey, you've had enough. You're cut off."

Well, he was sitting on a tall, padded, fixed bar stool - you know, the kind with the pedestal bolted to the floor. At the news of his "personal non grata" status, he sits upright and pushes himself away from the bar. Basically, he pushed his ass right off the barstool! As he's headed to the floor, his chin impacts the outboard edge of the barstool! When he hits the floor, he's out cold! The whole bar goes quiet, as we're all somewhat stunned by the way this shook out, and then erupts into laughter. I nearly pissed myself laughing so hard.

A couple of the other local drunkards carted "Mickey" away. We finished our beers and made our way back home. A good time was had by all.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:25:48 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Went through a similar incident when I met a local PD friend of mine at a bar.

Some drunken idiot tried to run out the door with the staffs tip jar.
So we chased him down and sat on him until the squad showed up.

The look on the guys face was priceless when my buddy showed him his badge Glock though.

Fixed it
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:14:34 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

maked unit
Yep, you've had a couple

Enjoy the day off.

No, he meant naked unit
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:16:31 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

maked unit
Yep, you've had a couple

Enjoy the day off.

No, he meant naked unit
He wasn't the only 5.0 out for drink that night
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:11:14 AM EDT
[#16]
I hope you don't have too many bad guys end up in court on the strength of your written reports.  Maybe the official writeups are better; they certainly should be.  Maybe the courts or no one else cares.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:19:06 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I hope you don't have too many bad guys end up in court on the strength of your written reports.  Maybe the official writeups are better; they certainly should be.  Maybe the courts or no one else cares.

Yeah, but I think hearing the judge say "super drunkard beligerant ass hornet" in court would pretty much make anyone's day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top