Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2005 9:23:00 PM EDT
I have been good for weeks, lost about 7 pounds, down to 170 on a 5'9" frame. Should I attack the coconut cake that is sitting in my freezer right now ?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:24:39 PM EDT
[#1]
No!  Be tough!  A moment on the lips, a life time on the hips!  Patty
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:37:17 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Thanks Patty, I will go to bed instead and drink a glass of water
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:47:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks Patty, I will go to bed instead and drink a glass of water

No problem! Whew, almost caved there! Patty
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:58:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I've lost about 100 lbs on the low carb diet over the last eighteen months.

If I only weighed 170 lbs even now I would not worry about it.<G>

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
I have been good for weeks, lost about 7 pounds, down to 170 on a 5'9" frame. Should I attack the coconut cake that is sitting in my freezer right now ?

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:01:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I say eat as much as you can while running at a 8 min. per mile pace, swimming laps or rowing upstream.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:16:59 PM EDT
[#6]
If you're going to indulge don't do coconut - too many empty calories for the reward!

A nice sweet Oatmeal cookie - hot fresh out of the oven.  Yum!

Patty
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:16:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't have to worry about derailing my diet, I crave nothing. My only weakness was Coke, after weaning myself off it, I don't have a problem. On the other hand, I drink Diet Coke like it's going out of style.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:33:04 PM EDT
[#8]

I've lost about 35 lbs over a year and a half.

No special diet, just changed my lifestyle and eat mostly fresh veggies, fruit and lean meat/fish.

If I didn't eat what I wanted occasionally, I wouldn't have been able to do it.

Damn I love key lime pie
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:38:25 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I don't have to worry about derailing my diet, I crave nothing. My only weakness was Coke, after weaning myself off it, I don't have a problem. On the other hand, I drink Diet Coke like it's going out of style.

Have tried the diet Coke with Splenda.   To me it tastes very close to regular coke.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:36:39 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Have tried the diet Coke with Splenda.   To me it tastes very close to regular coke.

I didn't like the Diet Coke with Splenda, but Coke Zero is very good.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:41:38 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

[Homer Simpson] Hmmm Hips [/Homer Simpson]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:43:21 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
If you're going to indulge don't do coconut - too many empty calories for the reward!

Patty
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Ahh, are you trying to help this guy LOL
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:46:50 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Patty
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Ahh, are you trying to help this guy LOL

Yes, a healthy diet can include an oatmeal cookie or two now and then.  Just be careful that a few cookies is no more than say 3 small cookies rather than an entire plateful.

Patty
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:56:43 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

That's just mean.  Probably should be banned.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:01:26 PM EDT
[#15]
I lost around 60 lbs since the beginning of the year(recovering from back surgery). The secret for me was to keep crap like cake out of the refridgerator in the first place. Give it to the dog or the paper boy or something. Don't get me wrong, I indulge every now and then. Yesterday I ate an entire Milka chocolate bar by myself. Mmmmmm, German chocolate. Eating junk food every now and then doesn't hurt. Sometimes it shocks your system and improves your motabolism over the long run.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:01:37 PM EDT
[#16]
My recent diet lasted five days, don't cave in like I did. I'm such a failure!

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:06:33 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Buck up camper, did we give up when the Germans invaded Pearl Harbor? Now get out there and start the hell over! That's an order!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:21:38 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Buck up camper, did we give up when the Germans invaded Pearl Harbor? Now get out there and start the hell over! That's an order!

Roger!

I gotta lose what you lost, 60lbs.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:47:14 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's just mean.  Probably should be banned.

well we women can be a bit vicious with our weight issues.  I'll try to tone things down a bit.  Patty
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:51:27 PM EDT
[#20]
I've been on a diet since March and have lost over 40 lbs.

I have not had a single "sweet" item since I started my diet.  No soft drinks, no cookies, no cakes, no brownies, etc. etc.  I have turned down birthday cake and all sorts of other desserts that I used to love.

I have gotten to the point where I no longer crave those things.  I can look at a piece of cake or a cookie and not even consider it an option.  Once your brain gets to the point where mine is, it makes it a lot easier since you don't have the urge to eat that kind of stuff.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:52:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Sure, go ahead and eat the entire cake. Just don't eat anything else for the next 4 days
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:01:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Congratulations on your success Cypher214.  I agree it doesn't take too long to get your body out of the habit of eating poorly - however a healthy diet with a few indulgents now and then [less than a dozen a year] is fine once you're at your optimium weight.

Patty
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:03:00 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Roger!

I gotta lose what you lost, 60lbs.

Honest to Zeus the hardest part is getting started and into the routine. Once ya' get that licked it's all down hill. If you screw up once or twice, no big deal. It took awhile for me to get some things figured out, and even then I kept making mistakes, but I corrected them as I went and didn't stop because of them. Some of the biggies, switched from soda to coffee(I like coffee better anyway), stopped eating fast food, started eating a light breakfast(breakfast is REQUIRED for a diet I like a couple of scoops of low fat cottage cheese with a fruit cup on it, no syrup ), only healthy snacks are allowed to stay in my house(I eat plenty of snacks), meals are portioned appropriately(if you can't see your plate you have too much food), avoid sugar, Splenda is your friend, Splenda no sugar Kool-Aide is always on tap at my place, I like to drink mineral water with a little fruit juice in it too,(this stuff replaced soda), if I really really want a potato chip style snack I eat Goldfish crackers, and maybe some mixed nuts(small servings are fine), small servings of lowfat snacks through the day make me feel like I'm eating all the time and it keeps my metabolism up, excersize, you don't have to do anything really hard, just walk 20 minutes a day, that's it, later you'll decide you want more exercise I promise, fruits just keep getting better and better as you wean yourself off of a sugar filled diet.....sorry to ramble, this could go on for some time. Good luck, don't get discouraged, keep trying, it gets easier and the rewards are huge.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:09:38 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I've been on a diet since March and have lost over 40 lbs.

I have not had a single "sweet" item since I started my diet.  No soft drinks, no cookies, no cakes, no brownies, etc. etc.  I have turned down birthday cake and all sorts of other desserts that I used to love.

I have gotten to the point where I no longer crave those things.  I can look at a piece of cake or a cookie and not even consider it an option.  Once your brain gets to the point where mine is, it makes it a lot easier since you don't have the urge to eat that kind of stuff.

Well Done! I hear exactly what you're saying and it's gospel. After you get away from lots of processed sugar for awhile your body's forgotten all about it.
One thing I wanted to add is that some people get too gung ho about their diets and put themselves on such a strict plan that there is no way they can succeed. Then they feel as if they are weak willed or something when that happens. Take it easy on yourselves guys, this diet stuff is important, but not that important.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 2:10:23 PM EDT
[#25]
I don't know how much weight I have lost, I don't like to look at the scale. I don't even own one.
All I know is what I am doing, is working. So far I have come down a full clothing size, and lost eight inches around the middle.

I don't consume sugar, I keep active, and I lose weight.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top