Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2005 7:33:20 PM EDT
"They have M-16s and they're locked and loaded," Gov. Kathleen Blanco said of 300 National Guard troops who landed in New Orleans fresh from duty in     Iraq. "These troops know how to shoot and kill, and they are more than willing to do so, and I expect they will."

Somehow I do not think she'll let um do alot of shooting

link
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:34:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I hope they declare a free fire zone.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:35:32 PM EDT
[#2]
DU is gonna fuckin shit themselves.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:36:13 PM EDT
[#3]
About fucking time.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:36:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
"They have M-16s and they're locked and loaded," Gov. Kathleen Blanco said of 300 National Guard troops who landed in New Orleans fresh from duty in     Iraq. "These troops know how to shoot and kill, and they are more than willing to do so, and I expect they will."

I'm a LA. resident I call bullshit.  The only wounded thus far is a guardsman by another guardsman.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:36:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Name an instance that requires action where they don't shit themselves.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:37:01 PM EDT
[#6]
It must be surreal coming home from Iraq, to do basicly the same duty in the USA. Thats a pretty bold statement from a Gov. I guess shes pretty fed up.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:37:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
"These troops know how to shoot and kill, and they are more than willing to do so, and I expect they will."

Ain't gonna happen.  Too politically incorrect.

Think Kent State, May 1970.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:37:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:38:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll believe it, when I see it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:38:31 PM EDT
[#10]
That bitch should be dropped naked into the floodzone... She has totally dropped the ball.

She should do the honorable thing and kill herself.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:39:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:40:15 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Daisy's blooming in the springtime in a beatiful field with pretty butterfly's swirling around as deer quietly walk across the clearing between the majestic redwoods which provide shade to the playful dolphins playing in the pool of clear mountain fed springwater.............
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:43:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Blanco has been totally FUCKIN ineffective as a leader. She's only saying this shit now because people have gotten fed up to the point where they want control to be restored. The NG should have  been called in days ago w/ orders to shoot to kill. Hopefully this debacle will end her career.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:45:32 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Blanco has been totally FUCKIN ineffective as a leader. She's only saying this shit now because people have gotten fed up to the point where they want control to be restored. The NG should have  been called in days ago w/ orders to shoot to kill. Hopefully this debacle will end her career.

We should be so lucky.  Can we impeach a governor here?  Seriously?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:49:19 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I smell a stench from the southeast and it's not the Super(doom)dome.

it'll be easier to vote her out knowing her voting base has been severely depleted (After the marines/NG mop up in NO)

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:50:35 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Daisy's blooming in the springtime in a beatiful field with pretty butterfly's swirling around as deer quietly walk across the clearing between the majestic redwoods which provide shade to the playful dolphins playing in the pool of clear mountain fed springwater.............

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:51:59 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I always knew not electing Bobby Jindal was a big mistake. Never knew it would be THIS big. Hell he's a representative now and he's done more to reassure people than the governor has.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:03:57 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

link

Vengeance is mine saith...
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:06:28 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
"These troops know how to shoot and kill, and they are more than willing to do so, and I expect they will."

Ain't gonna happen.  Too politically incorrect.

Think Kent State, May 1970.

This is as different as night and day.

Shooting unarmed Hippies vs Shooting armed rampaging killer scum

Think about it?>?>?>?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:11:45 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I always knew not electing Bobby Jindal was a big mistake. Never knew it would be THIS big. Hell he's a representative now and he's done more to reassure people than the governor has.

I would wager a bet N.O. district #5 I think is what put her over the top.  They keep Landrieu and Jefferon in office I know I have seen and heard the numbers.  These are Blancos constituents it is no wonder she does not want looters shot it will cost the Dems votes.  Maybe their is a silver lining here after all.  Blanco, Landrieu, and Jeffersons constituants will not vote next time, since we all know they will not vote GOP.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:13:29 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Oh dear Lord , if only .  I wish we could borrow Miss.'s governor for a few months .
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:15:03 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Thats pretty good. *closes eyes* Ahhh....
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:15:09 PM EDT
[#23]
I think it is sick to send in NG troops with rifles but no ammo.  It's about time.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:15:53 PM EDT
[#24]
I don't know much about Lousiana politics, being from WA state.
But what I see on tv is a lady who has no clue what is happening in her state...deer in the headlight look.

Hopefully there are some smart people with her that can get their act together and save NO.

They need M16's on every street corner....a few pill boxes on Canal St would help to.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:20:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Even though this shoot to kill order was put out by a democratic governor the DUmmies at DU are acting like GWB ordered these guardsmen in.

They are totally oblivious or just too stupid to realize he had no part in it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:27:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:29:45 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Think about it?>?>?>?

Think about this, Josie:

By the time the media and apologists get finished, the "armed rampaging killer scum" will be "poor, defenseless families scavenging for food and diapers, that were murdered by Bushco and Haliburton."

Our mainstream media will capitalize on any acts of violence by government, justified or not.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:48:55 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Think about it?>?>?>?

Think about this, Josie:

By the time the media and apologists get finished, the "armed rampaging killer scum" will be "poor, defenseless families scavenging for food and diapers, that were murdered by Bushco and Haliburton."

Our mainstream media will capitalize on any acts of violence by government, justified or not.

I agree that is usually what would happen,  but I really think it would be different this time.

Kinda like the feeling of joy that we all feel when in Black Hawk Down" the ranger threw
the strobe on the rooftop and the Cobra's did their "Gun Run"

Oh I loved that part so much !!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:09:10 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Think about it?>?>?>?

I am, and it's all happy thoughts.  

Hippies??  Are there reports of drum circles appearing in NO??
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:14:56 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Think about it?>?>?>?

I am, and it's all happy thoughts.  

Hippies??  Are there reports of drum circles appearing in NO??

Drum Circles AND Love Fests
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:04:17 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I'll believe it, when I see it.

Exactly. Sounds to me she's just grandstanding like a typical democrap politician. When I hear of and see some dead looters then I might believe her.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:14:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Sharp cookie, that Kathleen. She gives a stern warning to the thugs via televised address.

There's just one problem, Kathy dear: The thugs may all have TV's (brand new ones, in fact), but they ain't got no place to plug 'em in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top