Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2005 4:56:26 PM EDT
I'm confused. How stupid or ignorant do you have to be; to not understand that a Category 5 is the highest rating given to the worst of hurricanes. When they thought they were going to "ride it out," did they think on top of a 40 foot wave?  

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:57:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Gretta should have all the latest details tonight. I cant wait
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:58:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Dude, they are BELOW sea level...it should have gone OVER them. Sheesh.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:10:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'm confused. How stupid or ignorant do you have to be; to not understand that a Category 5 is the highest rating given to the worst of hurricanes. When they thought they were going to "ride it out," did they think on top of a 40 foot wave?  

Well les see. I live in Gov. housing, I make 400 bucks a week, I can just barely feed my family, I use public transportation and don't have a car, I have 35 bucks in my pocket. Just how far away from N.O. can I get? Can I get a free room at a hotel, free food? I have a roof over my head here and spam in the cupboard. The man ain't gonna let the levee fail and flood all them nice hotels and office buildings uptown. Na, I think I will stay and take my chances.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:29:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well les see. I live in Gov. housing, I make 400 bucks a week, I can just barely feed my family, I use public transportation and don't have a car, I have 35 bucks in my pocket. Just how far away from N.O. can I get? Can I get a free room at a hotel, free food? I have a roof over my head here and spam in the cupboard. The man ain't gonna let the levee fail and flood all them nice hotels and office buildings uptown. Na, I think I will stay and take my chances.

You don't  have a car and your living in G housing and making 4 bills a week, so lets see thats $1600 a month,no car payment and reduce rent,  there should be reason for you to have only $35 bucks in your pocket unless your spending it on shit you don't need, theres no excuse for not having been prepard or renting a uhaul and  leaving when you had the chance.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:31:50 PM EDT
[#5]
You're making the assumption that the "schools" these people dropped out of taught them to count past three.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:33:55 PM EDT
[#6]
"I have 35 bucks in my pocket"

Nope, not even close.  Checks didn't come out until today.  They had ZERO in their pocket.

No way to get out of Dodge.  No reason to, either.  .GOV was going to help.  .GOV does everything else for them.  .GOV is their friend.

Screw LBJ.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:34:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You don't  have a car and your living in G housing and making 4 bills a week, so lets see thats $1600 a month,no car payment and reduce rent,  there should be reason for you to have only $35 bucks in your pocket unless your spending it on shit you don't need, theres no excuse for not having been prepard or renting a uhaul and  leaving when you had the chance.

*Clears throat* a-hem,

START WALKING!!!!!1
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:36:28 PM EDT
[#8]
duplicate topic
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top