Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2005 11:20:13 AM EDT
At a time like this we should push the RKBA issue in our favor.  I propose another effort at getting pro-consumer gun legislation moved.  HR1703 and a few others like Sen David Vitters Pro-Gun anti-UN legislation and others.  Even if nothing gets moved we should effort swaying public opininion our way as opposed to more AWBs and bans.  We should most certainly let the NRA know that caving is not an option and that our financial support is always appreciated by the GOA and other organizations who better represent their NON-SPORT members.

What do you all say to an organized call up of Members of Congress and Senate and committees at certain times of certain days.  Also we can organize efforts to flood select member and committees boxes with emails.  

Can we?  I want to get the ball rolling our way, are you guys up for it?  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:29:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Is it that slow right now?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:59:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Nothing?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:06:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Unfortunately, it will be said we are politicizing a tragedy, never mind the fact that the anti's do the same thing.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:09:30 PM EDT
[#4]
The government is a little bit busy right now.  Wait a few months.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:19:07 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The government is a little bit busy right now.  Wait a few months.

New legislation will come and the NRA will cave in a few weeks.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:28:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Unfortunately, it will be said we are politicizing a tragedy, never mind the fact that the anti's do the same thing.

Isn't politicizing what lobby groups are all about?  The left is predictable and you all know new ban legislation or EOs are already in the works.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:32:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Just let it play out and people will want a gun for protection.

CRC
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:32:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Depends, if your in NOLA, i'd say go ahead and drill out for the autosear. I would have done it by now if i was there. With the crime running rampant there, martial law being declared, who the fuck is gonna stop me?

Used in only self defense of course, laws for stealing have obviously gone out the window, why pick and choose which ones to break?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:38:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Just let it play out and people will want a gun for protection.

CRC

One would hope.  I like having options which will already become fewer once Hillary is in possibly sooner lets at least badger the shit out of the NRA in advance.  Otherwise they will cave.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top