Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2005 11:01:31 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:45:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Good Morning America also asked if you had photos and names of missing to post them at their website.

I am a hardass and some of those people really made me sad this morning.
One man described how he was holding on to his wife and she said "You can't hold me....take care of the babies". He has not seen her since.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:03:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Also WalMart has opened up their internal message system for families.  It's available for search or posting by survivor name on WalMart's website.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:07:36 PM EDT
[#3]
One of the best ways is through S.A.T.E.R.N. (Frequency 14625 for the Amateurs here and also shortwave listeners)

This is the Salvation Army Team Emergency Radio Network. This is a group of Amateur (HAM) radio operators operating on High Frequency radios that can reach across the US. They have a Health and Welfare Net going.

You can leave your information on www.satern.org

I know the Red Cross are also working with the local ARES (Amateur Radio Emergency Service) down ther and they will also be running a Health and Welfare Net in the near future.

General protocol is outgoing messages are the first ones to go. Incoming won't be allowed for a couple weeks.

I'll try to see if I can get a message into the ARES Net for those who need it.

Paul
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:55:12 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
One of the best ways is through S.A.T.E.R.N. (Frequency 14625 for the Amateurs here and also shortwave listeners)

This is the Salvation Army Team Emergency Radio Network. This is a group of Amateur (HAM) radio operators operating on High Frequency radios that can reach across the US. They have a Health and Welfare Net going.

I know the Red Cross are also working with the local ARES (Amateur Radio Emergency Service) down ther and they will also be running a Health and Welfare Net in the near future.

General protocol is outgoing messages are the first ones to go. Incoming won't be allowed for a couple weeks.

Paul

... Excellent medium to help people in need - thanks for doing this Paul
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:51:36 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Paul

... Excellent medium to help people in need - thanks for doing this Paul

Thats Right AZ guys kick ASS!

Keep up the good work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top