Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2005 10:02:58 AM EDT
I have 4 5 gallon  jerry cans that have been sitting in my garage a long time.  How do I go about cleaning these jerry cans to fill with new clean gas?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:06:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Put some clean gas in (maybe some nuts and bolts, too), swish around and dump.  Then clean the outside of the can.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:07:13 AM EDT
[#2]
You questions is simple to understand, but I still don't know what you're asking?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:11:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Get some aceatone from the hardware store and throw  some brass nuts or bolts in and shake it  good , then flush with a little clean gas.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:14:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Pour in a cup of gas, throw in a match - it will burn that crud right out of there
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:15:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Or you could just put in the cup of gas, forget the match, but then shake like hell for a few minutes.
That should be good enough.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:29:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Keep em clean once you clean em with nuts and bolts with a quart of gas. You can the filter the gas with a coffee filter and a funnel.

Tank Cream
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top