Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2005 7:57:07 AM EDT
Lets say you come home and set your holstered CCW on the TV stand, like so.

Now lets say you go to get a DVD that is stored at the end of the TV stand....

Question:Would you turn the firearm so it wasnt pointed at you before picking a movie or is it safe enough to not turn it? Note, you can see the pretty little hollow point waiting, just waiting to do its job. Turn it or not?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:57:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I turn it in situations like that.  I can't help it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:58:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I turn it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:59:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:02:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I wouldnt turn it away if i were alone, maybe if someone else was with me that doesnt have the same firearms training or discipline as I. But i can tell you i definately wouldnt get down in front of it with a camera and take pics of a round in the chamber
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:04:23 AM EDT
[#5]
So do you usually keep two handguns on top of the TV?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:05:18 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

The other one is for decoration.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:05:59 AM EDT
[#7]
I'd dust my tv stand.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:07:40 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The other one is for decoration.

I bet that is the History Channel that you have on the tube was well.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:07:42 AM EDT
[#9]
I'd get something beside a Glock, personally.  

And turn it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:08:37 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I'd get something beside a Glock, personally.  

And turn it.

Perfect!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:08:47 AM EDT
[#11]
RULE 1
ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED

RULE 2
NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY

RULE 3
KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

RULE 4
BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET, AND BEYOND

Any other questions?  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:09:05 AM EDT
[#12]
I'd turn it as I don't like guns pointing at anything I'm not willing to destroy.

Secondarily, I'd thow that FISH THING away!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:11:04 AM EDT
[#13]
It's loaded, so it's safe. People only accidentally shoot themselves with unloaded guns.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:11:50 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I'd dust my tv stand.

No doubt. Where is that woman of yours?

If someone breaks in,  grab the pistol, blow on the TV stand to create a smoke (dust) screen and assume a tactical position!!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:13:33 AM EDT
[#15]
LOL, I would turn it too. I am ok with it pointing at my thigh all day long, but on a table I think it could shoot me.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:14:35 AM EDT
[#16]
i usually have mine on my hip so it's moot. the problem i have is when i sit on the couch, the mossberg 590 i have slung on my back digs into me and the bayonet will sometimes scratch the back of my head. what do i do about that?hahahahahahaha
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:18:46 AM EDT
[#17]
I would turn it..
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:22:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:25:43 AM EDT
[#19]
You're suppossed to take 'em off?!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:27:10 AM EDT
[#20]
yes, I would point the muzzle towards the wall
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:29:17 AM EDT
[#21]
A Glock won't magically shoot you of its own volition.

Only assault weapons sold out of the back of ice cream trucks have that feature.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:30:29 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I turn it in situations like that.  I can't help it.

Same here...  Can't let it sit pointing at people.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:31:28 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Only assault weapons sold out of the back of ice cream trucks have that feature.

I don't like muzzels pointed at me.    Ever.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:34:00 AM EDT
[#24]
It's a Glock, I'd leave the room before the Kaboom.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:34:32 AM EDT
[#25]
If your that parnoid about having the gun face you while you do your daily routine, i certainly wouldn't be standing in front of the gun taking a picture of the hollow point down the pipe.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:34:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Turn it.  Staring down the barrel of a loaded weapon is something I haven't had the joy of doing nor do I ever want to.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:36:52 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't like muzzels pointed at me.    Ever.

Do you carry?

I spend a lot of time with a loaded muzzle pointed at my leg.

ETA: My opinion is, if it's still in the holster (if we're talking about a full holster that covers the trigger) it's good to go.  Especially on pistol (like the Glock) where the striker/hammer operates in a DA manner - i.e., the striker/hammer is not fully cocked and ready to be released.  As long as it's in the holster, it might as well be an inanimate object as far as I care.

That being said, I probably would have set it down pointing towards the wall in the first place just for psychological reasons. However, I wouldn't freak out every time I walked behind that patch of drywall (where it will still likely penetrate anyway).
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:02:30 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Turn it.  Staring down the barrel of a loaded weapon is something I haven't had the joy of doing nor do I ever want to.

I had it happen to me at the range on day.  This woman was showing off her Taurus .38 ultra light.  I turn around and it is right in my face.  Nothing like looking right at  5 hollow points to make you leave the range.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:03:52 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I had it happen to me at the range on day.  This woman was showing off her Taurus .38 ultra light.  I turn around and it is right in my face.  Nothing like looking right at  5 hollow points to make you leave the range.

Did you at least kick her ass first?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:06:22 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

JESUS CHRIST!!! that would make me pucker right up...
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:10:49 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I'd turn it as I don't like guns pointing at anything I'm not willing to destroy.

Secondarily, I'd thow that FISH THING away!

I'd point it at the fish thing, it looks suspicous just sitting there.....
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:11:42 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you at least kick her ass first?

No but I told her to get it the fuck out of my face.  I thought about pushing it away or grabbing her hand but that probably would have caused her to pull the trigger.  Only go to that range on a very limited basis.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:13:13 AM EDT
[#33]
If you set it there so you could watch "Tales of the Gun"  it will be  OK  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:16:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Hell,  I don't even like the picture of a gun sitting there pointing at me.  lol.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:22:20 AM EDT
[#35]
I would face it with a scowl, stare it down, and dare it to make its move...
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:25:47 AM EDT
[#36]
I personally would pick it up long enough to dust and then put it back (muzzle towards the wall).

Shooter

ETA:  Should have read the thread and that people were already mocking the dust.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:29:30 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
If your that parnoid about having the gun face you while you do your daily routine, i certainly wouldn't be standing in front of the gun taking a picture of the hollow point down the pipe.hr

+1
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:50:34 AM EDT
[#38]
yes,  absolutely, that's the second rule of gun safety!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:28:37 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
If your that parnoid about having the gun face you while you do your daily routine, i certainly wouldn't be standing in front of the gun taking a picture of the hollow point down the pipe.

lol.... turn the dang thig already
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:33:57 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Seriously.  What a moron, Would you turn it, Yes.  And I also would not stand right in front of it, to take a picture.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top