Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/1/2005 3:12:39 AM EDT
Just now on CNN. The transfer of people from the Superdome has been put on hold, due to the situation being "too unstable" to continue at this point.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:13:41 AM EDT
[#1]
More gun control coming towards all of us.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:14:23 AM EDT
[#2]
motherF***ERS....... what the hell's wrong with these people?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:14:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Ruh-Roh

Don't they know those big green helo's shoot back?

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:16:26 AM EDT
[#4]
This shit just keeps getting more and more crazy. You'd think these people would be grateful to have those helicopters coming in to save their goofy asses. And yet they are SHOOTING at the very people trying to save them.

You know, I am starting to wonder if some of those people are worth saving.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:16:38 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Maybe they'll let us at least keep one full auto AK-47 for home protection
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:17:47 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
This shit just keeps getting more and more crazy. You'd think these people would be grateful to have those helicopters coming in to save their goofy asses. And yet they are SHOOTING at the very people trying to save them.

The people shooting are simply trying to live it up since they know once this is over they will go back to their even shittier life style. Right now they get to be the lords of NO.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:19:18 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe they'll let us at least keep one full auto AK-47 for home protection

We all know this is just more fuel why we dont need to be armned. I mean we all know these people doing the shooting are good lawful people with legal weapons just doing what we all do.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:19:56 AM EDT
[#8]
this whole Katrina situation is getting out of hand and is going to get a hell of a lot worse.

Call me paranoid, but the way I see it, panic and lawlessness is going to spread accross the whole country as the price of oil and gas skyrockets. Just in the last 24 hours gas at my local pump went from $2.53 to $3.29. People are going to get into altercations at the pumps fighting for gas. With the rise in prices this winter, natural gas and home heating oil is going to be in short supply, and many will freeze to death.

Oil Storm........you're damn right
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:38:33 AM EDT
[#9]
I said this same thing over in another thread:

"New Orleans....the Somalia of the United States"

Next thing you know, some Cajun Warlord will be negotiating with the Army to allow food and water in...

HH
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:39:55 AM EDT
[#10]
I have a feeling this could be the end of the 2nd for us.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:39:56 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I said this same thing over in another thread:

"New Orleans....the Somalia of the United States"

Next thing you know, some Cajun Warlord will be negotiating with the Army to allow food and water in...

HH

Gawd, I just had memories of the movie "Southern Comfort".
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:41:33 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
this whole Katrina situation is getting out of hand and is going to get a hell of a lot worse.

Call me paranoid, but the way I see it, panic and lawlessness is going to spread accross the whole country as the price of oil and gas skyrockets. Just in the last 24 hours gas at my local pump went from $2.53 to $3.29. People are going to get into altercations at the pumps fighting for gas. With the rise in prices this winter, natural gas and home heating oil is going to be in short supply, and many will freeze to death.

Heck, in Georgia, some places are charging $5 or $6 per gallon!

You may be right. The mayhem may start to spread. But hopefully the lack of damage that would encourage people to do so will keep that from happening. These people in New Orleans likely wouldn't be doing what they are doing if the streets were passable, 80% of the city wasn't flooded and everything torn to bits. They are simply doing so because for the most part, the bastards know they can get away with it right now.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:46:43 AM EDT
[#13]
This is not the end of the 2nd for us.  I have had several conversations with people that don't own guns that want to buy one now.  After watching this debacle, you will have to kill me to disarm me.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:50:16 AM EDT
[#14]
I don't know about all this doom and gloom but I wish one reporter down there would report who is doing all this looting and shooting (and report it for real).

I hope people across the country see that these people are part of hte "great society" welfare recipients and not normal citizens.  How many of the folks running around NO and the surrounding areas with guns are convicted felons?  How many are not allowed to own firearms because of their criminal past?  How many are just criminals who didn't leave?

I just pray to God that somewhere somehow the sheeple are realizing that this isn't you and I but the folks we always see on the news anyway down in the ghetto bustin caps in someone.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:53:08 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I don't know about all this doom and gloom but I wish one reporter down there would report who is doing all this looting and shooting (and report it for real).

I hope people across the country see that these people are part of hte "great society" welfare recipients and not normal citizens.  How many of the folks running around NO and the surrounding areas with guns are convicted felons?  How many are not allowed to own firearms because of their criminal past?  How many are just criminals who didn't leave?

I just pray to God that somewhere somehow the sheeple are realizing that this isn't you and I but the folks we always see on the news anyway down in the ghetto bustin caps in someone.

Exactly. Good people haven't gone bad.

Bad people have had the boot of government power removed from their neck. And they are getting to live out all their idiotic rap fantasies. Looting, shooting and in general being the degenerate pieces of sh*t that they truly want to be.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:53:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:06:36 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Yea, really. We prepared and brought food to a nearby shelter and it seemed that only about 12 people out of 150 were grateful for it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:10:04 AM EDT
[#18]
One of those evil .50 cals, no doubt.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:11:03 AM EDT
[#19]
You guys in Texas still welcoming these scumbags with open arms?

THank god they are not coming to my neighborhood.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:14:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Texans welcome most people with open arms.....

Just don't cross them because them arms have hands and those hands will grab you by your collar and belt (or waist because most of these refugees don't wear belts) and throw you out!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:20:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:35:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:37:28 AM EDT
[#23]
WTF
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:44:50 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You may be right. The mayhem may start to spread. But hopefully the lack of damage that would encourage people to do so will keep that from happening. These people in New Orleans likely wouldn't be doing what they are doing if the streets were passable, 80% of the city wasn't flooded and everything torn to bits. They are simply doing so because for the most part, the bastards know they can get away with it right now.

WHAT???

I thought $3.50 here was waaaay over the top.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:54:37 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Can't say it - but I know the answer to your question.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:01:14 AM EDT
[#26]
I can think of no better place than Texas for these people.....we know Texans won't put up with their $hit.............

Maybe we need a chili cook-off at the Astrodome or something........keep em in the bathrooms so long they won't have time for looting, raping, pillaging.....etc.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:03:13 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WHAT???

I thought $3.50 here was waaaay over the top.

There was massive panic buying yesterday in Georgia because of reports Atlanta was running out of gas.  There were lines at every gas station.  Until they ran out of gas, anyway.  Prices started going up, and some stores went way high.  The Governor had to declare a state of emergency just so he could cap gas prices.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:11:38 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Ruh-Roh

Don't they know those big green helo's shoot back?

we aren't dealing with the sharpest knives in the drawer.

but they can be educated, quickly

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:16:27 AM EDT
[#29]
I mentioned to my boss that a Chinook took ground fire.

She said "you can't believe anything you read on the internet".

I can't find a report of this on CNN.com.

Where did you hear it?

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:20:35 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
You guys in Texas still welcoming these scumbags with open arms?

THank god they are not coming to my neighborhood.

No one asked me....
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:21:55 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Where did you hear it?

I saw it on CNN, the actual tv channel, not the website. They've been talking about it all morning.

I never rely too heavily on news websites. It seems those update very irregularly.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:29:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:31:18 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Where did you hear it?

Here you go

www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2005-09-01-katrina_x.htm?POE=NEWISVA
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:38:30 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Took you long enough.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:38:44 AM EDT
[#35]

Not the gang members.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:42:50 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Texans welcome most people with open arms.....

Just don't cross them because them arms have hands and those hands will grab you by your collar and belt (or waist because most of these refugees don't wear belts) and throw you out!

In a frikkin' heartbeat, my friend.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:47:05 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can't say it - but I know the answer to your question.

Hell, I'll risk it.

They are stupid. And they are ignorant. And they are uneducated. And most are the product of black culture.

Hey mods, before you go about your typical PC editing and locking motif, take notice. My statement does NOT indemnify the black race. It names the black culture. The same culture that tolerates lawlessness and gang warfare. The same culture that shoots at ambulances responding to 911 calls in the projects. The same culture that takes all it can from society and produces nothing but offspring.

That's what's wrong with these people...for the most part.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:50:46 AM EDT
[#38]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not the gang members

They don't want to be saved.  They have their own kingdom now.  I say let them rot in it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:58:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:58:51 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Doubt they can jam that one down our throats...

It's "thier" constituents that would have to be shown as evil to get the point across.

Should also be a wake-up call to fence sitters when the hard working folks report that they kept thier possesions by executing...thier 2nd. ammendment right.

Pete
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:59:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:59:27 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Dehydration, fear, panic, desparation.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:02:06 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:02:53 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

People say that every time there's been a shooting of some kind, but we haven't had a new gun control law on the federal level in over ten years now.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:06:54 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, God, I'm panicked, desperate, afraid and thirsty!  I'm going to go break open an ATM and steal a plasma TV!  THen I'm going to shoot at a helicoptor!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:07:04 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I have a feeling this could be the end of the 2nd for us.

As our Rights are God given, amd the Constitution just reaffirms those Rights. They can try but no piece of paper will tell me I don't have the Right to "Keep and Bear Arms"
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:19:31 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
[

And the governor brought that shit to a screeching halt.  He is pissed.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:24:16 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bullshit.  If they were really suffering those things, they would welcome the help, not shoot at the choppers.

I guess some people just can't admit that the dregs of society are useless pieces of shit.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:33:16 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Oh, God, I'm panicked, desperate, afraid and thirsty!  I'm going to go break open an ATM and steal a plasma TV!  THen I'm going to shoot at a helicoptor!

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:40:22 AM EDT
[#50]
Personally I feel these types of situations reinforce the need for the 2nd because it proves you are you own since the police and military are unable to protect you.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top