Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2005 1:36:07 AM EDT
We were told we (my platoon) is attended a range at a German Army base and firing all the German weapons...depending on how you shoot you will be awarded a bronze, silver, or gold award that we can wear on our class As...

Anybody able to give me any detail on the types of weapons, etc? Id like to research them a bit so I can get a rough understanding of them before we go on the 9th.

John
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:58:47 AM EDT
[#1]
The 5.56mm HK G36 is their standard issue rifle. You'll probably get a good amount of trigger time on that.

Other German weapons you might shoot could be the 7.62mm HK G3, the 9mm HK USP, and the 7.62mm MG3.

The G3 has been replaced by the G36, but I'd imagine the Bundeswehr still has quite a few still in their inventory.

ETA: Check out this site. It has a lot of information on current and past weapons from lots of different countries.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:43:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Ah excellent. Great info on that site, thank ya.

John
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:10:56 AM EDT
[#3]
I earned my gold "shutzensnire" (sp?) a few years ago..

You shoot the P8 (9mm USP) at a man sized target. Standard pistol ranges.

Shoot the UZI (German Army SMG, the MP5 is not) from the prone position at 50M pop up targets. This is probably the hardest, as the guns are not zeroed in any way... Best to go later, after you can watch others to judge KY windage. Allot of people got "robbed" at this one...

Shoot the G36 at different distances in the prone, kneeling, and standing positions....

You may or may not shoot the MG3.. It depends on what range they have, and if its rated for the MG. Most German army ranges are not, unless you are at a big training area like Graf, or a German area like Hueberg.

Cant remember the exact scoring, but most people had trouble getting the gold the first time around.... If you dont get gold on the first go, you can try again later.

After, you drink beer... At least we did... Then they give you your certificate and badge/rope deal. Your or your S1 will have to do a 4187 with this so that you can get orders.. Then you can wear it on your class As.. I never bothered, as I have like 6 sets of Foriegn jump wings to wear...

G3s have been gone for awhile.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top