Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2005 6:56:09 PM EDT
Anyone getting some extra $ out of the bank?  Gas prices are going crazy and I just wonder what might just happen next.  Time to keep a little more $ at home in the safe.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:59:32 PM EDT
[#1]
If the banking system collapses do you really think that coin and paper currency will be worth the material it is printed or minted on ? I don't think so, the new economy will be food, weapons, and hopefully moonshine
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:03:29 PM EDT
[#2]
If things are that bad, Im not worrying about money, i'll probably worry about looters trying to see if i have money first.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:06:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I have plenty of SHTF currency on hand and
I buy more everytime I go to WalMart: boxes
of CCI minimags.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:09:32 PM EDT
[#4]
What's a bank?

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:53:17 PM EDT
[#5]
We keep $3000 in cash here at the house as an emergency fund.  I'm not worried about runs on banks, but I do keep some Euros in a money market fund in a UK bank.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:02:08 PM EDT
[#6]
The worlds economy is not going to collapse after this hurricane.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:04:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The worlds economy is not going to collapse after this hurricane.  

Stop ruining our fun! meanie
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:05:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Dear God, don't give the panicky people any ideas.  The last thing we need is a run on the bank.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:23:54 PM EDT
[#9]
[georgebailey]Now wait...now listen...now listen to me. I, I beg of ya not to do this thing.[/georgebailey]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top