Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2005 1:55:55 PM EDT
In an attempt to pay rent, the off campus school(UCF) affiliated complex im staying at has openings for a "night watch" position. Midnight - 8 am 2 days a week and a weekend a month and rent is completely paid for. I dont get a paycheck, but if i fill that committment, i owe no rent-which is $510 a month after utilities. (might seem expensive, but its the cheapest in Orlando) I would have to work much longer than that at a normal job, and all the money made would pay for rent anyways. I usually stay up late alot, and enjoy working at night plus i'm sure i could do homework there. I think this job would be perfect for me.

Now, on the application they have a spot for Skills and qualifications. I did alot of training with some guys in my JROTC unit in highschool on our own time, with our own rifles and pistols. Mostly AR-15's and AK-47's and my taurus PT-99. Lots of outdoor training with our rifles because we wanted to join the Marine Corps, so we did some extra stuff. Read military training manuals and self-defense/SHTF material. Im in good shape, go to the gym 5 days a week and here they have a hand  to hand combat class taught for free in the wellness center taught by a former Marine i started attending.

So far i put down "security and Military-type training"  I really want this job, because it would really help me get through school a hell of a lot easier. But i dont want to lie or anything. Im comfortable with what i put down on the app. so far, but do any of you guys have and suggestions?

I was gonna put "I have 1000 years of power" and go in dressed in chain mail and a sword. lol Seriously, im not sure if i should put weapons/firearms training or not.

BTW; if i do get the job, i will most definately be wearing multiple layers of kevlar and the deadly-duo.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:56:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:57:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Extensive anti-zombie training and good social skills.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:02:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Tell them you're a night person, and have great math skills.

Then ask if they can remove the mirrors in the patrol area. And garlic. And Holy Water. And any loose wooden stakes. And tell them that you MUST be off work before sunrise. Ask which dorms are more likely to contain virgins (as if!).

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:08:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
In an attempt to pay rent, the off campus school(UCF) affiliated complex im staying at has openings for a "night watch" position. Midnight - 8 am 2 days a week and a weekend a month and rent is completely paid for. I dont get a paycheck, but if i fill that committment, i owe no rent-which is $510 a month after utilities. (might seem expensive, but its the cheapest in Orlando) I would have to work much longer than that at a normal job, and all the money made would pay for rent anyways. I usually stay up late alot, and enjoy working at night plus i'm sure i could do homework there. I think this job would be perfect for me.

Now, on the application they have a spot for Skills and qualifications. I did alot of training with some guys in my JROTC unit in highschool on our own time, with our own rifles and pistols. Mostly AR-15's and AK-47's and my taurus PT-99. Lots of outdoor training with our rifles because we wanted to join the Marine Corps, so we did some extra stuff. Read military training manuals and self-defense/SHTF material. Im in good shape, go to the gym 5 days a week and here they have a hand  to hand combat class taught for free in the wellness center taught by a former Marine i started attending.

So far i put down "security and Military-type training"  I really want this job, because it would really help me get through school a hell of a lot easier. But i dont want to lie or anything. Im comfortable with what i put down on the app. so far, but do any of you guys have and suggestions?

I was gonna put "I have 1000 years of power" and go in dressed in chain mail and a sword. lol Seriously, im not sure if i should put weapons/firearms training or not.

BTW; if i do get the job, i will most definately be wearing multiple layers of kevlar and the deadly-duo. h.gif

Why?  You don't really have either.  Just fill out the app. and turn it in.  This is a night watchman possition they are not looking for SF.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:13:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Halloween is right around the corner, and all the ghosts, gobblins, vampires, and Cassandra Peterson aka Alvira(she's a PETA supporter, but still she is easy on these aging eyes) is coming out.  Tell 'em that you have a gun that shoots silver bullets to defend against vampires and werewolfs.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:31:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BTW; if i do get the job, i will most definately be wearing multiple layers of kevlar and the deadly-duo.

Why?  You don't really have either.  Just fill out the app. and turn it in.  This is a night watchman possition they are not looking for SF.

I think ive done enough to sufficiently fulfill that statement. I left firearms/weapons off. Im glad i put it because there were some other apps in there being turned in, but i doubt they put those things i did. Thanks for the suggestions, i used the social skills and night person ones.

Hope i get the job.

-Nate
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top