Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2005 9:23:54 PM EDT
Children's Hospital under seige

Tuesday, 11:45 p.m.

Late Tuesday, Gov. Blanco spokeswoman Denise Bottcher described a disturbing scene unfolding in uptown New Orleans, where looters were trying to break into Children's Hospital.

Bottcher said the director of the hospital fears for the safety of the staff and the 100 kids inside the hospital. The director said the hospital is locked, but that the looters were trying to break in and had gathered outside the facility.

The director has sought help from the police, but, due to rising flood waters, police have not been able to respond.

Bottcher said Blanco has been told of the situation and has informed the National Guard. However, Bottcher said, the National Guard has also been unable to respond.

Children's Hospital Under Siege
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:25:10 PM EDT
[#1]
What are they trying to get at in the hospital?  Drugs?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:25:26 PM EDT
[#2]
They obviously just want supplies to help their wounded children!

...and maybe a little morphine
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:25:57 PM EDT
[#3]
What do they mean they can't respond?  Are the weather conditions still that bad?  Send in a blackhawk with a couple guys with guns.  Couple shots in the air and I bet the looters scatter.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:27:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:27:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I wonder if the next time a disaster is looming their will be a domestic market for civilian defense contractors?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:27:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What are they trying to get at in the hospital?  Drugs?

That would be my guess
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:27:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like a zombie movie.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:29:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Martial law is in affect, isn't it?

When this is said and done, and the on-site commander catches these idiots, I wonder if he'll just execute them by firing squad.  Right then and there.  

Why not?
If some people insist on acting like wild animals, they should be treated as such.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:34:41 PM EDT
[#9]
But surely there are a couple of folks there carrying weapons. Oh wait, that's prohibited in health care facilities(at least in NC). Not that it stops me...
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:39:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
But surely there are a couple of folks there carrying weapons. Oh wait, that's prohibited in health care facilities(at least in NC). Not that it stops me...

Well that's good.  At least we know all the looters will leave their weapons at the door....seeing as it is the law and all...
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:51:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Babies, the other white meat.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:56:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Isn't shooting looters legal any more?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:59:57 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Babies, the other white meat.

That is wrong in so many ways....
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:01:59 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Is this your first post outside the AZHTF?

If not, and you post GD regularly, then ignore me.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:03:25 PM EDT
[#15]
If you want to be politically correct about this, where better to shoot an angry minority looter than right in front of the hospital, where care will be expedited??

Just thinking.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:04:27 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Martial law is in affect, isn't it?

When this is said and done, and the on-site commander catches these idiots, I wonder if he'll just execute them by firing squad.  Right then and there.  

One could only fucking wish....  
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:05:02 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
If you want to be politically correct about this, where better to shoot an angry minority looter than right in front of the hospital, where care will be expedited??

Just thinking.

To the pathologist's "cold room" I hope.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:12:22 PM EDT
[#18]
No human being would ever try and loot a children's hospital.
Therefore the gathering " potential looters" are obviously NOT HUMAN.
Vermin are fair game in most states. LA is, I believe, one of those states.
There is a vermin problem.
Do something about it.
Midwinter

PS 55gr Ball should work, but write us with pet loads
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:16:06 PM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:29:36 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Or a scene from Haiti a while back...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top