Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2005 9:22:40 PM EDT

Nice M-14 in action pic but look at the scope.
Isn't that one of those cheap Chinese scope
We can't even get decent scope to our boys
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:25:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like an ACOG. I have a T-168 and it don't look that good.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:26:23 PM EDT
[#2]
WTH are you talking about???

That's a Trijicon TA11.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:30:36 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
That's a Trijicon TA11.

Yep, this is and old pic too.  I remember seeing it in one of Lumpy's posts months/a year back
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:31:00 PM EDT
[#4]
It doesn't look like one of these to you?

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:31:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It doesn't look like one of these to you?

www.clearviewinvest.com/images/scopes-fulllength/T168_b.jpg

No.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:34:49 PM EDT
[#6]
No, notice how the ocular lense area bulges out on the elcheapo scope.  Then note that in the pic with the M14 it does not.  Also, the el cheapo scope has four adjustment knobs.  The scope in the pic with the M14 only appears to have three.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:36:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey, I thought all the M14's were cut up and scrapped.  I can see the selector switch on that one, has to be the real deal.  A NM, perhaps ? But aren't those semi-only ?  
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:42:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Hey, I thought all the M14's were cut up and scrapped.  I can see the selector switch on that one, has to be the real deal.  A NM, perhaps ? But aren't those semi-only ?  

There's still about 10K in the system. Most, if not all, have the cap welded over the selector stud rendering them semi-only.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:46:22 PM EDT
[#9]
there's a member here who was deployed in Iraq and he used a T168 scope, said it worked fine for him.  There was a huge shitstorm over it, everyone saying he was an idiot.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:40:40 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There's still about 10K in the system. Most, if not all, have the cap welded over the selector stud rendering them semi-only.

There are a lot more than that in the system, and there is nothing welded in place. A semi selector is pinned in place. To make it FA, one merely drives out the roll pin in the selector, removes the semi selector stub, and adds the automatic selector and spring, securing it with another roll pin.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:55:32 AM EDT
[#11]
That's a photo of a soldier in A-stan, probably at least 1 year old or older.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:58:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Yep, old pic. Saw it last year.

Good thing his finger isn't on the trigger.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:48:18 PM EDT
[#13]
I wonder what happend to TangoChaser, haven't seen him post in ages.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:53:08 PM EDT
[#14]
What you see for a Selector in that pic is the Selector Lock, It could be changed out in a few minutes to the full auto selector
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:56:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:21:12 AM EDT
[#16]

You can see the trijicon cover poking out of his pocket!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:29:20 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Looks like they gave it to the experienced hunter?

Eye Relief, mother fucker, do you speak it?

Looks more like he's using his scope as target identifier...

I imagine he just *might* have actually pulled the trigger on some bad guys a time or two.  But then, the view from *my* armchair might not be as clear as it is from yours.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:25:53 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Looks like they gave it to the experienced hunter?

Eye Relief, mother fucker, do you speak it?

Looks more like he's using his scope as target identifier...

I imagine he just *might* have actually pulled the trigger on some bad guys a time or two.  But then, the view from *my* armchair might not be as clear as it is from yours.

Exactly, dudeman's just using his optic to observe something.  Glad to see the voice of reason and maturity.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:45:22 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Why in yhe hell would you want that full-auto anyway?
The real world is not like the Rambo movieshug.gif
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:49:30 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
there's a member here who was deployed in Iraq and he used a T168 scope, said it worked fine for him.  There was a huge shitstorm over it, everyone saying he was an idiot.

See that pisses me off.  Never question the man on the ground, especially from the comfort of you armchair.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:34:03 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

i remember tango chaser. that was hilarious! course, to be honest, there were a couple guys whod had the scopes and weren't happy with it. i bought one on tc's advice and have been tickled pink with it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:49:33 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The real world is not like the Rambo movies

Well, my father was issued a semi '14 in Vietnam.. Had it "converted" by marine dremel-monsters.  Why?  "It was fun!"
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:54:36 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
That's a photo of a soldier in A-stan, probably at least 1 year old or older.

+1. An 82nd AB trooper in A-stan sometime in 01 or 02.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:04:47 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The real world is not like the Rambo movies

Well, my father was issued a semi '14 in Vietnam.. Had it "converted" by marine dremel-monsters.  Why?  "It was fun!"

I've seen a couple of people try to fire full-auto M14s...  The first round would be pretty much on target, the second round would be fairly high, and the rest were all AA.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:33:07 PM EDT
[#25]
The TA-11 has alot better eye relief than that. But to each his own.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:36:49 PM EDT
[#26]
He's lookin' at Hadji he just plugged.  

vmax84
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:47:21 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i remember tango chaser. that was hilarious! course, to be honest, there were a couple guys whod had the scopes and weren't happy with it. i bought one on tc's advice and have been tickled pink with it.

+1, I bought one to and love it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top