Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2005 9:15:47 PM EDT
Big deal it goes up 50cents a gallon at the pump.What the fuck is wrong with people. Just pay it.
Land  and houses went up 300% in  5 years. Quit crying
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:18:02 PM EDT
[#1]
... but then I won't be able to get gas AND my super-sized McValue meal ...
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:22:19 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Big deal it goes up 50cents a gallon at the pump.What the fuck is wrong with people. Just pay it.

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:24:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

50 cents a gallon, spread into all the industry that trucks things, relies on trucks, or ships things, is monumental.

Pretty soon, it'll hit you everywhere - till it finds something you give a shit about.

Not to mention, some people actually lose a great deal of their paycheck when the gas prices rise substantially.

Here's a mental game for you. It's called "Imagine". Try it, it's kind of neat when you realize there is a whole world out there not revolving around you.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:32:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

50 cents a gallon, spread into all the industry that trucks things, relies on trucks, or ships things, is monumental.

Pretty soon, it'll hit you everywhere - till it finds something you give a shit about.

Not to mention, some people actually lose a great deal of their paycheck when the gas prices rise substantially.

Here's a mental game for you. It's called "Imagine". Try it, it's kind of neat when you realize there is a whole world out there not revolving around you.

Hit it on the head.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:35:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

You flunked Econ 101, right?

Increased fuel prices eventually increases the price of everything.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:44:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Can you name what you have been buying in the last 2 years that  has stayed the same price?
Goods and services go up all the time. Gas is just catching up.What did you pay for a new truck 7 years ago. Up 25%
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:46:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

..kids in 1999 gas was .99 or there abouts a gallon IIRC.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:47:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Because it BULLSHIT thats WHY!

These gas prices have taken a BIG chunk outta my pay and I ONLY drive to work and for necesities LIKE groceries
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:48:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

..kids in 1999 gas was .99 or there abouts a gallon IIRC.

That lasted for about 2 months
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:49:20 PM EDT
[#10]
C'mon people.  It's only 50 cents.  So what if you have to commute to work.  So what if it cost's you an extra 20 bucks a week.  

what else are you going to do with it?  Surely nothing productive like furthering your education, saving for your child's college, donating to charities, planning for retirement, buying better food and healthcare, going on vacation, etc.

Don't be greedy.  Exec's at Shell and the Saudis that own the oil can barely put food on the table as it is.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:01:46 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
C'mon people.  It's only 50 cents.  So what if you have to commute to work.  So what if it cost's you an extra 20 bucks a week.  

what else are you going to do with it?  Surely nothing productive like furthering your education, saving for your child's college, donating to charities, planning for retirement, buying better food and healthcare, going on vacation, etc.

Don't be greedy.  Exec's at Shell and the Saudis that own the oil can barely put food on the table as it is.

Give me break man .Most people will spend $20 in dunkin doughnuts a week and not even think about
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:05:05 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Give me break man .Most people will spend $20 in dunkin doughnuts a week and not even think about

Thus creating jobs for the American working man/woman so that he might put food on the table for his/her children.  Heaven forbid a person eat donuts when they could spend more on gas.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:08:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Lets see price of a bu. of wheat $ 2.96, price of a gallon of gas $2.79.  Do you see something wrong here?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:08:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Most people here do there best to shop around to save a few pennies on ammo. Including me! .50 per gall is $10 more for a full tank of gas. That's 1 less box of .45 cal I already cant afford.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:17:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Im not saying Im happy about it. But damn its not the end of the world. People in line paying ,yelling at the cashier. I can understand if your on a fixed income but  some of these people had $30,000 and 40,000 cars.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:17:12 PM EDT
[#16]
So if you can afford it without battin' an eye how about those that can't send you their gas receipts and you reimburse them.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:21:26 PM EDT
[#17]
For every cent fuel goes up, it costs my company 160 million dollars a year. That is why I care!

ETA:

Quoted:
Im not saying Im happy about it. But damn its not the end of the world. People in line paying ,yelling at the cashier. I can understand if your on a fixed income but  some of these people had $30,000 and 40,000 cars.

Yeah, I payed $1400 for my car 2 years ago. Ive spent that much in gas over the past year alone.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:29:05 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
For every cent fuel goes up, it costs my company 160 million dollars a year. That is why I care!

ETA:

Quoted:

Yeah, I payed $1400 for my car 2 years ago. Ive spent that much in gas over the past year alone.

So if gas went down 1 cents your company would lower their prices to the consumer right away and pass the 80 million dollars to us. yea ok!
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:30:32 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Tell that to the shipping companies and the truckers that deliver your precious goods...  Think they are going to eat the costs of increased fuel charges?  Or maybe they will pass that on...

Ok, so when they raise their rates for delivery of goods, do you think that Wal-mart, Kroger, BestBuy, etc  is going to eat the costs of the increased shipping rates?  Or maybe they will pass that on...

EPOCH
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:31:17 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ETA:

Quoted:

So if gas went down 25 cents your company would lower their prices to the consumer right away and pass the 80 million dollars to us. yea ok!

Yeah, because they are already losing hundreds of millions a year due to 9/11.

BTW, Every cent is 160M, not every 25 cents.....
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:34:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Because it's fucking expensive.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:41:41 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Alright I will be like everyone I saw today at the pump and bitch and moan about the prices and yell and be rude
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:54:35 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+100 what a jackass
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:57:04 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+100 what a jackass

kiss off  ,get a better job if you can't afford it
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:18:36 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Alright I will be like everyone I saw today at the pump and bitch and moan about the prices and yell and be rude

Let me guess.......you have stock in EXXON
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:32:48 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+100 what a jackass

kiss off  ,get a better job if you can't afford it

You're a real class act,
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:49:19 PM EDT
[#27]
You're right everything has gone up in price....only one problem dicklick....my pay hasn't gone up enough to even it out !!!!
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:55:22 PM EDT
[#28]
$15+ more per fillup is what pisses me off.

Adds up pretty damn quickly.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:05:51 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
You're right everything has gone up in price....only one problem dicklick....my pay hasn't gone up enough to even it out !!!!

Thats because your a loser sorry to say
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:07:38 AM EDT
[#30]
.50 a gallon x the # of gallons you use in a yr= LOTS of $$$$$$s

====

less money for ammo!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:08:16 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

+100 what a jackass

kiss off  ,get a better job if you can't afford it[/quote

You're a real class act,

I did not start any personal attacks on any one
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:08:30 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats because your a loser sorry to say

You're = you are

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:09:40 AM EDT
[#33]
6.) Repeatedly attacking or insulting a person in an effort to elicit a negative response. You have a right to disagree, but please do so in a respectful manner.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top