Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2005 12:13:33 PM EDT
Diamond is no longer the hardest substance known to man. Scientists have created a new material, called "aggregated diamond nanorods" by compressing carbon-60 under high heat. From the article: 'The hardness of a material is measured by its isothermal bulk modulus. Aggregated diamond nanorods have a modulus of 491 gigapascals (GPa), compared with 442 GPa for conventional diamond.'"

physicsweb.org/articles/news/9/8/16/1?rss=2.0

www.popmath.org.uk/sculpture/pages/carbon.html

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:15:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn and I thought some one found about my weiner after a bottle of whisky..
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:18:11 PM EDT
[#2]
So when do they start building levees out of it?

Seriously, cool stuff.  Will have to read up on that.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:20:08 PM EDT
[#3]
It's made out of teenager penis I bet.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:22:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I want a shirt & jeans made out of that stuff.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:23:49 PM EDT
[#5]
BULLSHIT! The hardest substance know to mankind is my wifes head. I cant seem to get anything through to it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:24:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
BULLSHIT! The hardest substance know to mankind is my wifes head. I cant seem to get anything through to it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top