BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2005 1:23:46 AM EDT
Militants go into hiding as expulsion orders are signed
By Daniel McGrory
August 30, 2005
www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,22989-1756091,00.html
A NUMBER of Islamic militants on the list of undesirables to be expelled this week have reportedly tried to go into hiding before the arrests begin.
Undercover agents kept watch on the individuals over the weekend as Charles Clarke, the Home Secretary, signed the first deportation documents. There are thought to be more than 100 names on the list.

One cleric, understood to be listed, was seen being smuggled out of his home at the weekend. Another, the Saudi-born Muhammad al-Massari, has been in contact with lawyers about how to block an arrest.

At the weekend he removed a website from the internet that showed the murder of three British soldiers by an Iraqi suicide bomber. Dr al-Massari blamed a government “inquisition” for having to strip his website of controversial content.

Abu Qatada, who has been described as al-Qaeda’s spiritual ambassador in Europe, is another on the list.

The Home Secretary said that he will pursue anyone who “foments, justifies or glorifies terrorist violence”, through organisations such as the Muslim Council.

The Muslim Association has told him privately that forced expulsions will be “counterproductive”. It says that it played no part in helping Mr Clarke to draw up the list and wants to know how the Home Office monitored the preachers.

Mohammad Shahid Raza, who trains imams at the Muslim College, said: “The authorities must be transparent about what they are doing and give reasons why they wish to remove these preachers, or they could face resistance from our youth. We need to know so we can explain to our communities who may be in agreement.”

Mr Clarke’s rules are aimed at individuals and not whole organisations, such as Hizb-ut-Tahrir, although ministers are looking at ways to ban such groups.

Lawyers for the first ten men to be picked up as part of the crackdown, and held as a threat to public safety, have given warning that it could take up to three years and cost the taxpayers £3 million for the courts to rule if the detainees can be deported.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 2:37:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Fuckin A!

Heres to the Brits! Sometimes, in rare moments, their old glory shines brilliantly.

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 2:38:32 AM EDT
[#2]
becuase you accept and condone thinking like this ;;

, or they could face resistance from our youth

this is why they are getting rid of your ass...

[ahole "preecher" ]   bo-hoo... all i wanna do is talk and plan and feed the people that wana blow themselves up... and they that wanna rid of me?!?!   how dare they!

[/ahole "preecher" ]

and about the fact that it will cost lots of $$ to get rid of them.... hmm here is 5 bucks..   add that to the raid fund..

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 2:41:09 AM EDT
[#3]
did they say Mr. Clarke?????

Well if Mr. Clarke was after me I'd be running to.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:55:25 AM EDT
[#4]
heh, kickin' ass in the uk! who'da thunk it!?

in the u.s., we'd come out with a list then spend 18 months wrangling with the aclu before it gets the ok. then we'd pass it to the newspapers and everyone would go on cnn and fox to say what good little boys they've been and how they're fighting the good fight against terrorism. THEN law enforcement would go after these terrs BUT only after petitioning homeland security for additional funds to equip their special "official national technical homeland enemy resident apprehension group" with humvees painted with their dept colors, special kevlar/nomex blend combat jumpsuits, custom mich helmets with customized decals made from s00per d00per top secret squirrel glint tape just like they saw on fox news, and the latest in 4.7mm hyper vel api, "for leo only" winchester diamond tip high tungsten carbide c4 explosive anti terr bullets...i could go on but you get the jist...
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:57:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I hope and pray that the US will follow suit and start giving the boot similar trash here at home.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:00:06 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Heres to the Brits! Sometimes, in rare moments, their old glory shines brilliantly.

According to the History books, the British used to rage across entire continents and rule the oceans. They got beat up with the pansy stick the last few generations.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:08:34 AM EDT
[#7]

Repeat as necessary.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:10:31 AM EDT
[#8]

in the u.s., we'd come out with a list then spend 18 months wrangling with the aclu before it gets the ok. then we'd pass it to the newspapers and everyone would go on cnn and fox to say what good little boys they've been and how they're fighting the good fight against terrorism. THEN law enforcement would go after these terrs BUT only after petitioning homeland security for additional funds to equip their special "official national technical homeland enemy resident apprehension group" with humvees painted with their dept colors, special kevlar/nomex blend combat jumpsuits, custom mich helmets with customized decals made from s00per d00per top secret squirrel glint tape just like they saw on fox news, and the latest in 4.7mm hyper vel api, "for leo only" winchester diamond tip high tungsten carbide c4 explosive anti terr bullets...i could go on but you get the jist...

I think that you've oversimplified it!    
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:25:10 AM EDT
[#9]
England (not UK)  Fuck yea !!!!
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:52:03 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
heh, kickin' ass in the uk! who'da thunk it!?

I don't call 3 years and 3 million pounds to deport each one exactly "kicking ass".

That sounds quite "American"!
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:08:19 AM EDT
[#11]

Mohammad Shahid Raza, who trains imams at the Muslim College, said: “The authorities must be transparent about what they are doing and give reasons why they wish to remove these preachers, or they could face resistance from our youth. We need to know so we can explain to our communities who may be in agreement.”

Sounds like a veiled threat of more terrorism to me..............Naaaaaaa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top