Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2005 6:25:43 PM EDT
Ok..

So, I am heading back from my squadron meeting (I am involved with the Civil Air Patrol) and I get a hungering for pizza. (Mind you, I am in BDU uniform, this comes back later)

I stop into a mini-mall, with a awesome pizza place. I order my pizza... and I was told "10-15 minutes". So.. I say.. what the hell. The nearby grocery store had lobster on sale yesterday, let me walk up and see if they're still on sale for tommorow's dinner.

I walk up to the store, and walk right in. (They have those automatic doors.. not locked, no nuttin). Now, first of all.. the lights are all on.  I look around, the seafood is packed up (I did notice the price though, it was still on sale) and everything else is also packed up... I also hear the alarm going off. I walk around the store, yelling for someone. I check in the front, the back, nuttin. I am like "oh fuck", so, I try to exit so I can call someone (I left my cell in the car). But.. the automatic door to get out, is locked. I am like "Oh fuck!". So, here is a 6'5" guy, with a crew cut, in a uniform.. standing by the glass doors. So, I start waving at people as they drive by.. none stop. Its been 10 or so minutes already, the cops have not shown up (I decided to wait for them..) so, I unlock the automatic door and step out. Of course.. this happend at a time when a awesome lookin female drives up and says "Are you ok?". "Uh, kind of". She is giving me the look over, from head to toe, 5 times over. (Guess she likes the uniform? ) She asks whats going on etc.

After that (I am kicking myself inside, as if this was any ordinary night.. "Number please!"), I run to my car, and call 911. I explain the first guy the situation, he then transfers me to a local dispatch. I then start explaining it to him, and then I see 2 cops pull up. I say "I see two cops pull up, is it alright if I run over and talk to them?" "Ok". So, I run over to the cops.. and explain the situation. They take down my Lisence #, ask for my DL, ask what I was doing there.. ask what I do in the CAP, etc. He then asks if there is anything else... I say "no". He then asks what I am going to do now.. 'Go pick up my pizza, and go home'. "Have a good night sir, you did the right thing."

Ugh, I need a drink.

ETA: I wonder if the woman was in on some kind of plot or somethin... damn, she was hot.ugrrr
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:27:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Interesting....  
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:38:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Interesting?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:43:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I had spaghetti for dinner.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:44:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Eh?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:45:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Should've drawn down?

Don't mind me... I got a speeding ticket today. 95 in a 70.  Effing state speed nazis!!!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:47:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I can almost see the headlines... "Giant lobster rescues kin... Jersey panicked"
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:49:16 PM EDT
[#7]
In the "heat of the moment" you forgot something as basic as asking for a phone number??

I hope you dont keep your weapons on safe.....
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:49:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I had spaghetti for dinner.

I had hotdogs and chilli...
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:50:39 PM EDT
[#9]
a fascinating tale. we are all a little richer for hearing it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:54:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
In the "heat of the moment" you forgot something as basic as asking for a phone number??

Uh, what?

As in, a contact # for the police?

Its a small town I live in, if I need the non-emergency #, I can look it up.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:04:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh, what?

THE HOT CHICK, you numbskull  !  

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:06:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh, what?

THE HOT CHICK, you numbskull  !  

Oh.

Yeah...

No #..

My bad.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:02:33 PM EDT
[#13]
I like pie!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:04:58 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh, what?

What I mean is it should be the most basic of instincts to get a hot chics number.
You forgot that.
My point (jokingly) was in a high stress situation if you cant remember to ask for a phone number, you aint gonna remember to click the safety before hittin the go button.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:13:10 PM EDT
[#15]
So like, what exactly do you do in CAP?

DONT WAIT FOR THE TRANSLATION, ANSWER THE QUESTION!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top