Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2005 8:43:59 PM EDT
Okay, granted I have no experience with Zombies but I bought a bunch of birds the other day and brought them from Everett Washington to where I live in Ione, Oregon [with mucho help from Da_Bunny & Tumbleweed].  It was a long haul on the birds and we lost 4 of them [meaning 4 died].  One of the 4 dead birds was on deaths door so I wrung its neck, put it in a ziplock bag and tossed it in my freezer for future training.

Well a few hours later my son went in to get an Otter Pop and noticed the ziplock bag doing the Saturday Night Live version of "Staying Alive" made popular by John Travolta.

I'm thinking the birds a zombie.  What do you  think?

Patty
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:45:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Burn it. Burn it now.

Was your son scratched or bit pecked?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:49:43 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Burn it. Burn it now.

Was your son scratched or bit pecked?

No but I think he'll be needing glasses soon.  Patty
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:56:55 PM EDT
[#3]

mmmm.  otter pops.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:57:38 PM EDT
[#4]
That bird must want to live.  

If it's possiable then you should let him/her have a chance.

But if it's acting funny... 1 round of birdshot should take care of it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:59:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
That bird must want to live.  

If it's possiable then you should let him/her have a chance.

But if it's acting funny... 1 round of birdshot should take care of it.

The bird is out with the others.  If it wants to live great.  If not back to the freezer it goes!  Patty
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:59:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:01:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:19:18 PM EDT
[#8]
It must be a democrat and now it will infect the others. That's ok though, the dogs will get more satisfaction

Sorry to hear they all didn't make it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:23:22 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
It must be a democrat and now it will infect the others. That's ok though, the dogs will get more satisfaction

Sorry to hear they all didn't make it.

I think if my dogs get a reputation for pointing democrats they'd be worth more! Patty

*ETA* no worries, it happens.  I should have brought bigger crates.  

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:33:58 PM EDT
[#10]
tastes like...chicken!  
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:09:34 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
tastes like...chicken!  

Zombies?   Patty
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:45:49 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
tastes like...chicken!  

Zombies?   Patty

no, silly...your dead bird, once properly prepared, would most likely taste like chicken.  Doesn't EVERYHING out of the ordinary supposedly taste like chicken?  

It made sense to me at the time...but then again, I'd been drinking.  

Sláinte chuig na fir agus go maire na mná go deo!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:50:48 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Okay, granted I have no experience with Zombies but I bought a bunch of birds the other day and brought them from Everett Washington to where I live in Ione, Oregon [with mucho help from Da_Bunny & Tumbleweed].  It was a long haul on the birds and we lost 4 of them [meaning 4 died].  One of the 4 dead birds was on deaths door so I wrung its neck, put it in a ziplock bag and tossed it in my freezer for future training.

Well a few hours later my son went in to get an Otter Pop and noticed the ziplock bag doing the Saturday Night Live version of "Staying Alive" made popular by John Travolta.

Patty

Uh....one of the dead ones.....was almost dead?

Patty, I'm glad you're a dog trainer and not a doctor.

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:19:43 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Patty

Uh....one of the dead ones.....was almost dead?

Patty, I'm glad you're a dog trainer and not a doctor.

Well Good point.  But then after I wrung its neck and put it in a ziplock bag for a few hours in the freezer you would have thought it would have been dead, or at least worse.  Patty
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:12:03 AM EDT
[#15]
EEEE GADS, PATTY!!!!  You put a chukkar infected with Avain Solanum Zombus in your freezer?????  AND WHEN IT CAME BACK TO LIFE YOU PUT IT BACK OUT WITH THE OTHER CRITTER????

Bar the door, Patty, and pass the ammo, cuz yer in fer a long week!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:31:17 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
EEEE GADS, PATTY!!!!  You put a chukkar infected with Avain Solanum Zombus in your freezer?????  AND WHEN IT CAME BACK TO LIFE YOU PUT IT BACK OUT WITH THE OTHER CRITTER????

Kewl!  Elmer's been wanting to shoot some Zombies!  Patty
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:32:51 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
...Otter Pop ...

Patty

Is this one of those pacific northwest creations or are you freezing otters as well?  MJD
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:35:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Cool.
My Chukar planting program went well the first year but the second year the local bobcat discovered that Chukars tasted good and wiped out my whole flock. (Covey?)
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:36:17 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...Otter Pop ...

Patty

Is this one of those pacific northwest creations or are you freezing otters as well?  MJD

You're kung foo is weak grasshopper!

Patty
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:37:18 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Cool.
My Chukar planting program went well the first year but the second year the local bobcat discovered that Chukars tasted good and wiped out my whole flock. (Covey?)

Bobcats can be hard on chukkars true but they're awfully fun to shoot.  Patty
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:26:25 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kewl!  Elmer's been wanting to shoot some Zombies!  Patty

Well, if he can learn to tag zombie chukkar, pigeons, gophers, coyotes and such in the head then he'll go a long way when a REAL Zombie infestation hits!

Good luck....AND DON'T GET BIT!!!  ( or pecked )
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:58:06 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
tastes like...chicken!  

Zombies?   Patty

To make zombie patty, ground up 2 pounds of zombie meat (avoid organ meats), mix in two tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce, one onion finely diced, two eggs, salt and pepper to taste.  Separate into 8 portions and press into flat patties.  Grill or pan-fry and add to burger buns.  Garnish.  Serves 4.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:08:24 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
tastes like...chicken!  

Zombies?   Patty

To make zombie patty, ground up 2 pounds of zombie meat (avoid organ meats), mix in two tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce, one onion finely diced, two eggs, salt and pepper to taste.  Separate into 8 portions and press into flat patties.  Grill or pan-fry and add to burger buns.  Garnish.  Serves 4.

Yum!  Patty
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:15:42 AM EDT
[#24]
You got a  twitcher!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top