User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/28/2005 8:13:28 PM EDT

Updated: 10:03 PM EDT
Rap Mogul Suge Knight Shot at Miami Beach Party
No Suspects Emerging for Police
MIAMI BEACH, Fla. (Aug. 28) - Police had no suspects Sunday in the shooting of rap mogul Suge Knight at an MTV awards party - a typical development in the street-justice world of rap.

Knight, 40, was shot once in the upper right leg shortly after midnight Saturday at a star-studded bash hosted by Kanye West. He was scheduled for surgery to remove a bullet from his leg and repair a broken bone.

A police report described the shooter only as a black male wearing a pink shirt. "We are interviewing all the witnesses we can to hopefully develop a composite," Miami Beach police spokesman Bobby Hernandez said.

He told The Miami Herald that the investigation was being hampered by witnesses' unwillingness to talk. "We don't have any physical description. We don't know how many subjects were involved, which is mind boggling, with all those people around," Hernandez said.

A group of Knight's friends waiting at the hospital said he was alert and talkative after the shooting. His attorneys told hospital officials not to release any information on his condition, said hospital spokeswoman Laurie Oliva. Knight's attorney in Los Angeles, Dermot Givens, did not return a telephone call.

West's party Saturday night at the Shore Club hotel in Miami Beach was one of the most coveted invites of the evening. A throng gathered trying to get in, and revelers mingled in the courtyard while celebs including Jessica Alba, Eddie Murphy, Paris Hilton, Game and The Black Eyed Peas were entertained in the VIP room.

Several witnesses said Knight was sitting at a VIP table when a man walked up and opened fire. No one else was injured. Screaming guests fled the party, streaming outside or taking cover in other parts of the hotel.

At the awards ceremony Sunday night, one rap star downplayed the shooting.

"I don't think that what happened was any different than at any other event where you have a lot of people," said David Banner. "It's tragic that it happened and that the media magnified this so much."

Others felt differently.

"It's disturbing that someone can let off six shots in a packed club and can escape without being arrested," said Elliott Wilson, editor in chief of the rap magazine XXL. "The hip-hop community doesn't trust the police to confide info to them, and in turn the police have done little to make us feel like they give a damn about our safety. It's a vicious cycle."

The burly Knight, born Marion Knight but nicknamed "Suge" for Sugar Bear, was one of the most powerful and feared music figures of the 1990s. With superstar rappers like Snoop Dogg, Dr. Dre and Tupac Shakur in his stable, plus a horde of Bloods gang members from his native Los Angeles on his payroll, he made millions and enemies in equal abundance.

His fortunes started to slide when Shakur was shot and killed in 1996 while riding in the passenger seat of Knight's car. The shooting took place after the pair stomped a gang rival in a Las Vegas hotel; the attack resulted in Knight being sent to prison for violating his parole.

At the time, Knight had been cultivating a feud with Sean Combs' Bad Boy label in a so-called "rap war," and Bad Boy's top artist, the Notorious B.I.G., was gunned down months later in Los Angeles. Relatives of B.I.G. have accused Knight of involvement in that slaying, but police have never named Knight as a suspect.

There have been no arrests in the slayings of Shakur, B.I.G., Run-DMC's Jam Master Jay, or several other famous rappers who have been shot over the years.

It seemed unlikely that would change with Knight's shooting.

08-28-05 21:00 EDT

Copyright 2005 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. All active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:17:20 PM EDT
[#1]
It wouldn't bother me in the least if that entire "culture" would off each other.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:17:45 PM EDT
[#2]
It was the ghost of Tupac with a glock 40.

A really big obese man with a broken femur.  Watch for the news that he's thrown a pulmonary embolus next.  It's what killed Tupac, aside from a bullet to the lung.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:19:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Yesterday called, they want their news back.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:20:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Yesterday called, they want their news back.  

Wasnt visable in the first dozen pages so..
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:20:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Ahh, the heros of the Liberals.

Folks this is the society the libs have been dreaming about. Glorifying thugs.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:22:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Damn, just a leg shot? That is to bad.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:22:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I was under the impression that he died...  

I hate MTV...
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:23:54 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

You really don't know what you are talking about.

There is nothing "Liberal" about this, or their culture.  It is rather the antithesis of a true liberal culture.

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:30:21 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
There is nothing "Liberal" about this, or their culture.  It is rather the antithesis of a true liberal culture.

The thing I love the most about the hiphopperz is that they wear real fur and drive huge ass SUVs.

While hiphopperz tend to back liberal candidates (as do most performers) they really aren't embraced/included by the left.  Their "weight" in politics is diminishing day by day.

Note how the DNC has begun embracing the politics of the right.  It won't be long before they are holding pro-life rallys and publicly denouncing gun control.

I'm sure there will be a handful of holdouts.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:33:09 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm sorry, this rates about a 0.0005 on my "give a shit" meter....

Woody
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:22:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Shizzle
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:34:27 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Woody

That much?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:35:30 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uhhh.....who do rappers and inner city folks vote for?

That's what I thought.

It IS a liberal issue, it's the ugliest most vile incarnation of liberal politics when the ghetto becomes pop culture, no??
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:35:56 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

That's what happens when the shooter holds it sideways.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:36:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Someone needs to teach them hoods to shoot their FOTEE gats.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:44:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:51:26 PM EDT
[#17]
I find it disturbing that the guy got off 6 shots and only scored one leg hit on a seated target.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:53:47 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Shizzle

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:57:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Funny how they aren't using the system to seek justice....
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:00:03 PM EDT
[#20]
NHI
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:01:52 PM EDT
[#21]
6 shots??  Only a leg hit??  NOBODY knows the shooter??  IF this isn't a marketing stunt, I don't know what is!!  Just like the Tupac shooting in Las Vegas.  All those rounds fired into that small car, and only Tupac was hit, and not a 6-5 350 lbs. black dude in the driver's seat??  If that wasn't a set-up, I don't know what is.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:01:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:28:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Those stupid thug rappers can't shoot straight! Hit something vital and do society at favor. Their targets live on to mooch off the system.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:39:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:44:18 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hold that shit like this bro:

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:47:57 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I hate MTV...

To damn bad he didn't get killed. Suge is a fucking POS and I still say he is directly responcible for the death of Tupac and had something to do with Notorious BIGs death as well.

Suge was the one man that had everything to lose by Tupac leaving Death Row Records, which is what was about to happen. Death Row Records was Tupac. Snoop was on the way out too, and Dre wasn't doing shit. And no one else on that label was selling for shit.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:12:04 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
It was the ghost of Tupac with a glock 40.

I wonder if the ghost had an aftermarket bbl. with a fully supported chamber? Would hate to have a ghostly kb...
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:16:20 AM EDT
[#28]
tag
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:36:22 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hate MTV...

To damn bad he didn't get killed. Suge is a fucking POS and I still say he is directly responcible for the death of Tupac and had something to do with Notorious BIGs death as well.

Suge was the one man that had everything to lose by Tupac leaving Death Row Records, which is what was about to happen. Death Row Records was Tupac. Snoop was on the way out too, and Dre wasn't doing shit. And no one else on that label was selling for shit.

Wow, you take this shit serious.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:15:45 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.eurweb.com/images/articles/200503/50_cent(with-gun).jpg

Fiddy gots it.

Really though, wasn't Suge Knight the guy who dangled Vanilla Ice over a balcony?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:22:00 AM EDT
[#31]
DILLIGAF?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:33:19 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hate MTV...

Wow, you take this shit serious.

I'm just a music fan, I like damn near everything.
Kind of. I find it completly disgusting that this man is walking around free with all the shit he has done. I feel, and there is plenty of evidence out there to support it, that Suge set up Tupac to be killed simply because he stood to lose millions of dollers. And as much of a POS that Tupac could be, and for all the shit he supposedly did, he still tryied as much as possible to be a positive and to effect change within the black community. A lot of people only hear certain song by him and figure he was nothing but a thug. But he wasn't "just a thug" Like every rapper he had his share of songs that seemed to glorify "gangsta" shit, but also in those songs were lyrics weren't so damn "gangsta". The thing is that Tupac's music was more about his life his problem and his struggles, and that includes the stuggle within himself to do right. And he didn't always do right, but then again none of us always do right we all falter at times. It's part of being human. He never played himself off as a saint, and never said he was anything other then what he was.

The stuff below is from the song "Keep Ya Head Up" not exactly something you'd expect to hear from a "gangsta" rapper. There is actually a lot of lyrics like this in Tupac's songs. Hell I can't think of another rapper that even brought up the issue of kids having kids and it's effects on the community. Tupac did that with "Brendas Got a Baby"

Some say the blacker the berry, the sweeter the juice
I say the darker the flesh then the deeper the roots
I give a holler to my sisters on welfare
Tupac cares, and don't nobody else care
And uhh, I know they like to beat ya down a lot
When you come around the block brothas clown a lot
But please don't cry, dry your eyes, never let up
Forgive but don't forget, girl keep your head up
And when he tells you you ain't nuttin don't believe him
And if he can't learn to love you you should leave him
Cause sista you don't need him
And I ain't tryin to gas ya up, I just call em how I see em
You know it makes me unhappy (what's that)
When brothas make babies, and leave a young mother to be a pappy
And since we all came from a woman
Got our name from a woman and our game from a woman
I wonder why we take from our women
Why we rape our women, do we hate our women?
I think it's time to kill for our women
Time to heal our women, be real to our women
And if we don't we'll have a race of babies
That will hate the ladies, that make the babies
And since a man can't make one
He has no right to tell a woman when and where to create one
So will the real men get up
I know you're fed up ladies, but keep your head up

Between 1989 and 1991 he also wrote a lot of poetry, after his death it was published as a book "The Rose That Grew Through Concrete". This was all writen before he bacame famous. It's a good read.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:34:16 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I find it disturbing that the guy got off 6 shots and only scored one leg hit on a seated target.

+1
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:35:11 AM EDT
[#34]
Too bad it wasn't a bullet to the head!!!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:37:37 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.eurweb.com/images/articles/200503/50_cent(with-gun).jpg

Fiddy gots it.

Really though, wasn't Suge Knight the guy who dangled Vanilla Ice over a balcony?

Bingo.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:41:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Oh well.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:46:35 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Every liberal I know champions the thug lifestyle and calls it art.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:48:44 AM EDT
[#38]

Or the guy pitchin Dodges with Iococca
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:50:24 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
6 shots??  Only a leg hit??  NOBODY knows the shooter??  IF this isn't a marketing stunt, I don't know what is!!  Just like the Tupac shooting in Las Vegas.  All those rounds fired into that small car, and only Tupac was hit, and not a 6-5 350 lbs. black dude in the driver's seat??  If that wasn't a set-up, I don't know what is.  

I bet it was a set up. Kids think thugs who get shot are heros. Ever see that disgusting shoe commercial with that idiot fifty cent, sitting there bragging about getting shot eleventy billion times? The libbies praise their destructive culture as art and chip away at our morals bit by bit.

Want to sell more albums? get yourself shot.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:56:51 AM EDT
[#40]
On Drudge, they are saying the fucking idiot might have accidently shot his own leg and now they're just making shit up.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:00:39 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hate MTV...

www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,161904,00.html

You may be onto something...
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:05:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Probably holding it in the NEW-fangled gheto style. They're apparently holding the weapon inverted, using their pinky to actuate the trigger. LA gang related murders have gone down 30%. Not the attempts but the success rate. Even bystanders are getting hit less.

I won't tell them diferent if you won't.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:09:52 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
It wouldn't bother me in the least if that entire "culture" would off each other.

Someone will be along shortly to call you a white racist.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:27:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Updated: 10:03 PM EDT

"I don't think that what happened was any different than at any other event where you have a lot of people," gang Bangers said David Banner. "It's tragic that it happened and that the media magnified this so much."  
Others felt differently.

People.  I don't think so.  The individuals who CHOOSE to live this life style are not people, and do not deserve to be treated as such.  Most of them are merely future felons who have not been caught yet, nothing more.  Personally I do not see why anybody cares.  A gangbanger got capped at a party celebrating the culture that represents the down fall of white america, the America that still believes in family values, honesty, integrity.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:46:11 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SWO_daddy is a white racist.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:22:07 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think the entire race of these type should be erased, Genocide rules.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:48:41 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
On Drudge, they are saying the fucking idiot might have accidently shot his own leg and now they're just making shit up.

Funny, I was thinking this might be the actual case, considering the circmstances.  Dude got lucky & missed his rock box, but he's not out of the woods yet.  Femoral artery is the largest artery in the human body.  Lots of potential for things to go wrong, but I doubt he has enough gray matter to appreciate his predicament(s).

Hope the guy hasn't any offspring to inherit any of his defects.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:24:20 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think the entire race of these type should be erased, Genocide rules.

How can you see to type with the pointy, white hat on??
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:44:58 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Shizzle

my nizzle
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:59:00 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Woody

That much?

seriously.
mine didnt move at all.
maybe it's broke?
*tap tap tap*
nope, she is working ok.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top