[#1]
Nary a fan amongst ye?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:08:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I would never admit to it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:14:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Crockett and Tubbs

Vice was a great show.  Lots of groundbreaking stuff for TV.  My favorite was "Out where the busses don't run."

I hope the movie is as good.

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:16:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep, I got em too.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:17:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quick Crockett, grab your pink shirt and hair gel! We have some ass to kick!
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:20:47 PM EDT
[#6]
You guys do know that this show caused the start of the 86 MG ban, right? Seeing the weekly shoot outs with drug czars with full auto mac 9's fueled congressional interest to ban them, an effort to assist law enforcement.

Jack Hughes went crazy with this and even refered to "Miami Vice" to see the carnage that these weapons pose. It would seem that good old Jack didn't understand the difference between entertainment and the news. Well - there is no difference nowadays....

But, good ole Jack brought in a small town sheriff from Florida to testify that his dept was collecting these machineguns all the time, every day. His testimony hinted that everytime they made a traffic stop, they found lots of illicit drugs and machineguns in every car. You'd think they had nothing but drug dealers living in the county and no law abiding citizens whatsoever.

Well, it made a profound impact and Jack Hughes got his machinegun ban that he worked for for many years. Even though legally registered machineguns posed little threat to law enforcement and virtually very little legal machineguns were ever used in a crime.

I posted a link to his legacy ban a while back. I'll see if I can dig it up again. A really good read.

I liked Miami Vice, I just hate the idea that the show helped out the worst gun ban we've ever seen, the 1994 Clinton ban included. At least we got those back.

Tell me, where did Tubbs keep that sawed off shotgun under that flimsy jacket, without printing? That thing was a cannon.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:57:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Dude, one of my all time favorite shows. Got Season 1...supposedly Season 2 will be out in time for Christmas...also another Michael Mann show, Season 2 of Crime Story will be out too.

Great guns in the show...the Bren Ten, S&W 4506. I always loved the deep booming bark Crocketts guns had compared to the nines and .38's.....

Gina was hot! Actually she still doesn't look bad, she was in the Soprano's too....Cuzamato's wife Jeannie.

A lot of great music too....
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:03:40 AM EDT
[#8]
I like how their guest stars always got away, except for uncle Ted, he got whacked.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:20:48 AM EDT
[#9]
I have the first season set too!
I'm waiting for other seasons to be released.
Favorite episodes:
"Calderone's Return" Just to see the opening scene where Crockett and Tubs are running that Scarab flat out across the ocean in slow motion, to the tune "Voices" by Russ Ballard.  
"Prodical Son" (Second season premier)
"Definately Miami" (With Ted Nugent)
"El Viejo"(With Willie Nelson)
The show really started to SUCK when Michael Mann bailed.
It had it all. Lots of Guns, Music, Toys and Babes. Definately 80's..:)
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:45:07 PM EDT
[#10]
I like the "pa-koww" sound his Bren makes.  My stupid gun just goes "bang."

G
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:06:02 PM EDT
[#11]
"Definitely Miami" with the Nuge is a great one.  They used Godley & Creme's "Cry" in that episode.

Still my favorite episode of any TV show of all time is "Out Where The Buses Don't Run" also from Miami Vice's second season.  Starred Bruce McGill (D-Day from "Animal House") and David Strathairn.  It had one of the coolest and creepiest twisted endings you will ever see, featuring Dire Straits' "Brothers In Arms."  Great episode!!!  
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:13:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Still my favorite episode of any TV show of all time is "Out Where The Buses Don't Run"

"Yeah I knew. I helped him build the wall. He was my partner."

Hank Weldon...:)

Yes, good episode.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:19:00 PM EDT
[#13]
I've got to get some linen suits.

G
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:25:51 PM EDT
[#14]
I remember watching the show when it was on free TV, great show, good action. Oh and the music, Jan Hammer did the music. It was claimed, that he worked 40 hours per week on each episode. The show supposedly takes place in Miami, but it was actually in North Miami.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top