Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/28/2005 5:43:27 PM EDT
I hope that building holds up better than the Saints do. He said "it's crazy" in there and stinks to high heaven.

Prayers down range for him and everyone there.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:49:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Prayers sent.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:50:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Prayers sent.

Ditto, prayers sent also
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:50:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I hope he has at least a basic load of ammo. And a gas mask.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:53:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow Man... Prayers for him for sure. That place has to be like a powder keg.

Be sure to get us some after action reports. Are they armed? Ammo?

The smell... I can, unfortunately, imagine.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:56:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:03:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:05:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Prayers sent to him.  That has got to be the scariest fucking place in the world right now and its going to get worse.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:05:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Have you seen who is going in there?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:08:03 PM EDT
[#9]
If it's crazy and smelly in there already it'll be hellish in 12 hours...

Sorry to hear that.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:08:09 PM EDT
[#10]
I hope he's got plenty of ammo and is willing to shoot people.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:09:14 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
AFter Pic

www.carteretcountyschools.org/aes/dc/images/Day3/Aquarium/tropicalfish.jpg

How about a little sensitivity dickhead, his brother is there, and notice where I am from.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:10:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Between the smell and the disease...I just can't imagine.

Kind of like one of those rest stops in the middle of nowhere... it's clogged, overflowing , and ripe stank of shit  that burns your nose out..thus leaving you with the thought that just maybe crapping your pants isn't so bad.

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:11:57 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm in FL now.

Saw that thing comming when it was just a TS.

Hard to believe it's flared up to a Cat 5.

Looking at the satellite view...  That thing quadrupled in size in a day or less...

My prayers go out to everyone in it's path.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:12:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Tell him to get out now!

That place will be a death trap.  It may withstand the storm but when the power goes out and the water supply is down the toilets won't flush and it will be hot and dark it will not be a happy place and it will be a riot in the making.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:14:48 PM EDT
[#15]
I would be more worried about the mobs inside than the winds outside.

Hopefully it all goes well. I am having visions of Soylent Green, and hopefully they don't lose power.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:15:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Wait a few days for the fuse to slowly burn. People show up with next to nothing. Last time they used it for a shelter, most people showed up with no food. Then bitched the whole time. Complained that they were tired of eating free hot dogs. When they finally all left, the pilfered alot of stuff from the Dome.
Personally I would be more worried about who I have to babysit in there than the storm raging outside. The Dome sits up high and dry on a foundation. Imagine the type of people you are having to babysit. They can not afford a car or have any transportation to leave town.  People on the lower end of the socio-economic scale who are used to government assistance and the like. Not playing the race card here because all races fall in this catagory. I feel sorry for the law abiding citizens who are now bedded down in there because shelters are not fun.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:20:31 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
AFter Pic

Good luck to your brother Nephilim, try to ignore this jerk.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:30:41 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
AFter Pic

Damn dude, that's pretty cold-blooded.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:35:45 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Tell him to get out now!

That place will be a death trap.  It may withstand the storm but when the power goes out and the water supply is down the toilets won't flush and it will be hot and dark it will not be a happy place and it will be a riot in the making.

Umm...no..he's with Guard Unit...I assume he's on duty...running from your post would not be a good idea.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:37:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

AFter Pic    

What an asshole . Probably voted for Barack Obama.

Prayers sent for your brother Nephilim, and all in the area.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:00:26 PM EDT
[#21]
I hope he has some ammo, sounds like a shitty deal to get called up for.

Best wishes, hope he stays safe.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:04:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:06:02 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
AFter Pic

Damn dude, that's pretty cold-blooded.

Yeah, sorry.  I don't know what I was thinking.  I really am hoping for the best.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:07:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Prayers to all in the path of that thing.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:09:47 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I keep hearing this.

Who is actually going in there? I don't watch television.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:11:11 PM EDT
[#26]

Prayers for everyone there, including your bro!

Keep us posted if you can.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:12:23 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I keep hearing this.

They are talking about poor (looking) Black people
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:41:32 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Cripes yes.......scary looking collection of humanity.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:44:28 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I keep hearing this.

Ahhh, thanks for the info VC.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:45:26 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I keep hearing this.

I did catch Fox interviewing a couple of stranded tourists in line as well. One from Australia and another from England. They were in good spirits at the time. Now, probably not so.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:47:54 PM EDT
[#31]
What's the deal arr they using the stadium as a shelter?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:49:54 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
What's the deal arr they using the stadium as a shelter?

Yes, they have at least 30,000 refugees in there.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:52:13 PM EDT
[#33]
He'll be ok, no worries.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:11:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Not to say anything bad..

...but when I lived in IL, during tornado drill stuff we were told to avoid big open buildings.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:15:05 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I keep hearing this.

The collection of people going in was a sight to see...  the trashiest of the trash and the poorest looking (insert minority here)...

That is the LAST place i'd wanna be.  And you just KNOW that any junkies are going to continue to get their jollies off.

- BG
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:17:57 PM EDT
[#36]
The SuperDome is one tough mutha.  Reinforced concrete as thick and tall as a small mountain.

It's some of the other idiots inside he has to watch out for.  But for the most part, they'll all try to work together and look out for each other.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:18:26 PM EDT
[#37]
I bet they didn't let the National Guard folks carry their weapons in there.  And I bet most of the drug-addict welfare-living scum in the dome have TB or hepatitis, or both.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:20:00 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I keep hearing this.

I did catch Fox interviewing a couple of stranded tourists in line as well. One from Australia and another from England. They were in good spirits at the time. Now, probably not so.

I saw a young, pretty French woman interviewed.  Hope she makes it thru intact.  

I tell you, if I was in charge of that operation, one of my first priorities after security, water and food would be some entertainment.  I would round up some musicians, at gunpoint if necessary, and give them a dedicate generator for their equipment.

Good luck to your brother, man.  We're all hoping everybody comes out OK.  He'll definitely have a story to tell his kids, tho.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:47:18 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I keep hearing this.

There's plenty of scummy looking white people heading in there, so please spare us the race card hand-wringing.

For the most part it appears that the scum of NO is heading into the SuperDoom along with some decent folks that have nowhere else to go, along with a bunch of stranded tourists.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:58:46 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Tell him to get out now!

Note how the guy's bro got there...

He's in the National Guard, on duty...
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:52:09 PM EDT
[#42]
I see we have our normal collection of neanderthals dribbling here.

What would he do with ammo?  That has to be one of the stupidest things said around here in the last few days.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:31:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:39:56 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I keep hearing this.

There's plenty of scummy looking white people heading in there, so please spare us the race card hand-wringing.

For the most part it appears that the scum of NO is heading into the SuperDoom along with some decent folks that have nowhere else to go, along with a bunch of stranded tourists.

What racial handwringing are you talking about?? The guy asked a straight question and I gave a straight answer..no judgement not even a smilie..just the plain fact that what we've been seeing is a vast majority of poor blacks going into the stadium.  

But hey I could be wrong ...they'll be coming out in a few hours we could take another look if it matters to you
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:12:25 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Tell him to get out now!

That was really my point.  When it starts getting bad the NG will be the ones that will have to break it up and keep order and I don't see these folks really digging being told what to do when it gets 100F, dark and hungry.  He has a duty but it is as dangerous as the sand box for a few days.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:17:12 AM EDT
[#46]
At least they searched everyone going in the Dome to prevent alcohol and weapons from getting in there (or at least mostly getting in there).

I understand they have emergency generators so they should have power til the fuel runs out but no way are the toilets going to work.  Fox was saying people of all races and finances were going in...somehow I doubt millionaires were going in there.

That place will be stankfest in one day. No one seemed to be bringing much food or water as they were told to do and one woman interviewed said "oh they will feed us if it gets too bad".
Nice Attitude!!  

Hope your bro is safe..and has a drive-on rag to keep the smell out.

Essayons
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:17:45 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Tell him to get out now!

That was really my point.  When it starts getting bad the NG will be the ones that will have to break it up and keep order and I don't see these folks really digging being told what to do when it gets 100F, dark and hungry.  He has a duty but it is as dangerous as the sand box for a few days.

"Getting out now" is not an option if you are on duty.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:19:42 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Tell him to get out now!

"Getting out now" is not an option if you are on duty.

Yep

God be with all of them.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:23:11 AM EDT
[#49]
Can you imagine being in a place witih 20,000 smelly people cause there's  no showers, then the toilets and sinks clog up cause the sewer system's all underwater, then as people get irritated and restless, it'll be a giant whine fest.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:25:03 AM EDT
[#50]
I hope your bother stays safe.  In times of need it is uncanning that humans can many times work together for a common goal of preservation.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top