Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 8/26/2005 11:37:56 AM EDT

Girl I work with considers me a confidante and likes to tell me her problems...Turns out she's 2 months pregnant (ex- boyfriend)..She says she can't keep it (OK.. I lean against abortion but that's her choice) but then she has the nerve to start whining that our insurance won't cover it unless it's a life threatening situation..she says that she has a condition that might make pregnancy dangerous for her...She says when she got pregnant before at her old job her insurance covered her abortion. Even if I did believe the story about her "condition" you'd think she (or her ex-boyfriend) could take responsibility come up with a few hundred to get it done.  All the time she was telling me this I didn't say shit to her because although I'm not directly over her I'm considered management
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 11:39:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Boo fucking HOO
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 11:39:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 11:57:06 AM EDT
[#3]
She will find a way to abort the child.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 11:57:35 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The lefties would argue that not paying for her abortion for her, making it free to her, is the same as making it illegal.

Anytime I hear that argument I ask when the Federal Government will begin subsidising my gun purchases.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:02:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Health care is suppossed to keep people alive, not kill them.

Selfish whore

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:03:46 PM EDT
[#6]
She should have figured that out before she got pregnant.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:03:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Some health plans cover it. I think she should have looked at the contract a little better when she changed providers.

NTM
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:04:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The lefties would argue that not paying for her abortion for her, making it free to her, is the same as making it illegal.

Anytime I hear that argument I ask when the Federal Government will begin subsidising my gun purchases.

Better yet, when is my insurance going to cover the bar tab I used to get her pregnant?  
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:09:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:11:40 PM EDT
[#10]

She doesn't own a coat-hanger?

Btw- I agree with Aimless.  If this a decision by the insurance carrier, maybe the company should find an insurance carrier that makes good BUSINESS decisions instead
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:13:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

That is by far one of the most tasteless remarks I have ever read on this board.

And since when is money more important than personnal responsibility or a human life?

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:14:23 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Btw- I agree with Aimless.  If this a decision by the insurance carrier, maybe the company should find an insurance carrier that makes good BUSINESS decisions instead

If you both feel so strongly about it, why don't you donate the money for her to abort her child?  Better yet, perhaps offer legal services for free to fight the Insurance company ruling.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:15:18 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Health care is suppossed to keep people alive, not kill them.

Selfish whore

Sgatr15

+1

She says when she got pregnant before at her old job her insurance covered her abortion.

She should have learned from her mistake the first time. What a sad excuse for a woman.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:15:39 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

And since when is money more important than personnal responsibility or a human life?

Sgat1r5

We are talking about an HMO here.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:16:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Tell her to save her pay check buy a cheap pistol , one round of ammo and eat it.  saw it solve one guys problem , or so he thought.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:17:11 PM EDT
[#16]
She could always use the old jump off of a tall building trick.  No sympathy here.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:18:43 PM EDT
[#17]
What a fucking whore!
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:19:51 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
she says that she has a condition that might make pregnancy dangerous for her

Well, she should have though about that and practiced either safer sex or abstinence.  Maybe even get snipped or have a complete hysterectomy.  I'm sorry, but if you knowingly have a condition that could prove dangerous for you if you get pregnant, and you don't do everything in your power to prevent yourself from ever becoming pregnant, you deserve whatever you get.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:20:04 PM EDT
[#19]
"confidante"

One entry found for confidant.
Main Entry: con·fi·dant
Pronunciation: 'kän-f&-"dänt also -"dant, -d&nt
Function: noun
Etymology: French confident, from Italian confidente, from confidente confident, trustworthy, from Latin confident-, confidens
: one to whom secrets are entrusted; especially : INTIMATE

If she thinks of you as a "confidante", shouldn't you be keeping this to yourself?  Just my $.02.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:20:46 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you both feel so strongly about it, why don't you donate the money for her to abort her child?  Better yet, perhaps offer legal services for free to fight the Insurance company ruling.

Ridiculous knee-jerk reaction.  

Can you read??  Where the FUCK do I make any statement about supporting abortion or anything like that?

I'm saying that an insurance company (with shareholders) trying to maximinze profits, should be making BUSINESS decisions to that end, and an abortion is MUCH CHEAPER than paying for a woman to have a kid, and all the related post-natal costs.  It's about BUSINESS decisions - and if an insurnace company is chooseing to forgo profits for religious reasons, they are screwing their investors and sharholders (unless they market themselves a religious pro-life insruance company, and are priced accordingly).

Of course if it is an employer decision, then that's fine - I'm only commenting on what a bad financial choice it would be for an insurance carrier.

But I'll gladly mail her a coat hanger if she doesn't have one.  Does that count as "supporting" ?
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:21:06 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

If she thinks of you as a "confidante", shouldn't you be keeping this to yourself?  Just my $.02.

Vulcan94

I don't know about you, but I tend to report murderers.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:21:26 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
she says that she has a condition that might make pregnancy dangerous for her

Well, she should have though about that and practiced either safer sex or abstinence.  Maybe even get snipped or have a complete hysterectomy.  I'm sorry, but if you knowingly have a condition that could prove dangerous for you if you get pregnant, and you don't do everything in your power to prevent yourself from ever becoming pregnant, you deserve whatever you get.

True, but unfortunately, the child will be the one to suffer with a mother who has a history of making bad decisions.  What a stupid woman.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:21:40 PM EDT
[#23]
"got pregnant 2x by accident"???
She needs to learn how to swallow.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:22:21 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is by far one of the most tasteless remarks I have ever read on this board.

Why?

I thought one of your goals is to make abortion illegal?

Do you think that would magically lead to people no longer having abortions?  (I agree it woudl REDUCE them, but of course it wont eliminate them)  Therefore, people will need alternative - and I hear coat hangers are a popular choice.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:22:35 PM EDT
[#25]
She prolly can't figger out why she keeps getting pregnant.

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:24:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Reminds me of a training class I was in a few years ago
the other "students" turned into a screaming mob whenever
the teacher left the classroom, I was unable to study there

one of their discussions was what they had done with all their
(multiple)aborted fetuses, apparently they are given options
our country has sure changed, not for the better either........
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:24:27 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

You're going to Hell!!!!
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:28:24 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Vulcan94

I don't know about you, but I tend to report murderers.

Sgat1r5

Well, for the most part, I agree with you, but no murder/abortion has taken place yet.  My point was if someone takes you into their confidence you don't go telling every Tom, Dick, or Harry.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:29:28 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ridiculous knee-jerk reaction.  

Can you read??  Where the FUCK do I make any statement about supporting abortion or anything like that?

I'm saying that an insurance company (with shareholders) trying to maximinze profits, should be making BUSINESS decisions to that end, and an abortion is MUCH CHEAPER than paying for a woman to have a kid, and all the related post-natal costs.  It's about BUSINESS decisions - and if an insurnace company is chooseing to forgo profits for religious reasons, they are screwing their investors and sharholders (unless they market themselves a religious pro-life insruance company, and are priced accordingly).

Of course if it is an employer decision, then that's fine - I'm only commenting on what a bad financial choice it would be for an insurance carrier.

But I'll gladly mail her a coat hanger if she doesn't have one.  Does that count as "supporting" ?

Yes I most certainly can read...your comment about the coat hanger says volumes.  

As far as insurance companies go and their pricing...the cost of maternity is built into group insurance rates in the US.  It is something I deal with on a daily basis and I know for a fact.  Not sure where you get your information.  While it is true that business with stockholders make decisions to be the most profitable, this is not always the case.  If it were, nobody would ever have an organ transplant or heart bypass surgery.  These are tremendous losses for insurance companies, but actuaries know how many of these operations will be needed per 10,000 members and they can fairly accurately predict the # of pregnancies too.  Knowing this, they build the cost into every rate they offer.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:30:13 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why?

I thought one of your goals is to make abortion illegal?

Do you think that would magically lead to people no longer having abortions?  (I agree it woudl REDUCE them, but of course it wont eliminate them)  Therefore, people will need alternative - and I hear coat hangers are a popular choice.  

Yes it should be illegal.  And if people still want to use the coat hanger meathod then once we find out they should be arrested for murder.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:31:35 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Well, for the most part, I agree with you, but no murder/abortion has taken place yet.  My point was if someone takes you into their confidence you don't go telling every Tom, Dick, or Harry.

Vulcan94

It appears this is her SECOND TIME.

So yes, she is a murdered, and anyone that helped is an accomplice.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:34:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Hand her a coathanger and a rope to bite on.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:34:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Why would someone tell you about this?
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:41:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:42:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Do you even care about the child Aimless?

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:44:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:45:32 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Feel strongly? Not particularly, I don't have an imaginary friend telling me to get all bent out of shape over whether some woman I don't know has a kid or not. I just think it's dopey for an insurance company to pay $ 7k for a birth v. $ 500 or whatever an abortion costs (whatever you've done in insurance I hope it's not in the account department).

Yet you feel strongly enough to comment about something you admittedly know little about (cost wise) and felt comfortable enough to throw in a dig about the Catholic Church?  

I thought better of you than that.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:46:18 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Do you even care about the child Aimless?

Sgat1r5

She gave birth already? Damn I've been on the computer longer than I thought!

I'll take that as a no.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:46:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Heck, she's whining about not paying for an abortion when the idiot should be wondering why SHE was so frickkin cheap SHE would not buy a condom [yeah the guys an ass too but SHE is the one that gets the responsibility as he was not enough of a man to accept it.]. Tell her to have the CHILD, then put it up for adoption, or is she to SELFISH to do even that? At least her conscience will be clear about the aftermath of her poor behavior.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:46:37 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Why would someone tell you about this?

That was my point.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:48:10 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Yet you feel strongly enough to comment about something you admittedly know little about (cost wise) and felt comfortable enough to throw in a dig about the Catholic Church?  

Don't worry, in the past after he insulted the Catholic Church he later used to Churches words as a defense.

And I used to think better of staff at one time also.

That has changed DRASTICALLY in the last 6 months.

Sgatr15

PS  Not all staff mind you
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:49:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:52:27 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Catholic Health Insurance plans DO NOT provide for abortion, finding that a "dig" at the Catholic Church is a victimization complaint worthy of the NAACP.

They way you presented it was a dig at the Church.

When the Church never needed to be involved at all.

And you have a history of attacking the Catholic Church.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:55:32 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Vulcan94

It appears this is her SECOND TIME.

So yes, she is a murdered, and anyone that helped is an accomplice.

Sgat1r5

Is abortion morally wrong?  Yes.  Is abortion illegal?  No.  So no murder has been committed.  We will never see abortion outlawed in our lifetime.  So the best way to eliminate abortion is to change peoples altitude toward it.  

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:57:23 PM EDT
[#45]

All the time she was telling me this I didn't say shit to her because although I'm not directly over her I'm considered management

I sounds like it's not all that hard to get 'directly over her'
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:57:36 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Yes it should be illegal.  And if people still want to use the coat hanger meathod then once we find out they should be arrested for murder.

Sgat1r5

What if a woman miscarries by natural causes?  Should she face an inquisition and sodium pentothal injection to find out if she "really" miscarried, or if she just took some gray-market RU-486?

I think all women recovering from the loss of a miscarriage should be interrogated.  It may psychologically scar them for life, but what difference does a little emotional turmoil make when you're saving cute little babies?

On a side note, the other day I saw some teenagers walking in a group together down the street and they were smoking a joint!  We need to ban drugs, too!
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:58:46 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Is abortion morally wrong?  Yes.  Is abortion illegal?  No.  So no murder has been committed.  We will never see abortion outlawed in our lifetime.  So the best way to eliminate abortion is to change peoples altitude toward it.  

Vulcan94

YES, AND THE NUMBER ONE ATTITUDE CHANGE IS THAT YOU ARE MUDERING A CHILD.  A LIFE...A HUMAN BEING.

I swear some of you people get more upset when a person puts tape on a cat then over the death of a child.  And 150+ years ago we could legally own slaves, but it was STILL FUCKING WRONG!

Damn people that support abortion make me sick!

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:58:57 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Feel strongly? Not particularly, I don't have an imaginary friend telling me to get all bent out of shape over whether some woman I don't know has a kid or not. I just think it's dopey for an insurance company to pay $ 7k for a birth v. $ 500 or whatever an abortion costs (whatever you've done in insurance I hope it's not in the account department).

I've seen plenty of bills for what a birth costs at several hospitals in my area. Catholic Health Insurance plans DO NOT provide for abortion, finding that a "dig" at the Catholic Church is a victimization complaint worthy of the NAACP.

Aimless,

For an attorney, I find your lack of attention to detail lacking...especially when it comes to your own words (typed).  What do you think implies?  For the record...let me refresh your memory.

"Which Archdiocese do you work for?"

It was you who indeed said that wasn't it?  I could be wrong.  I wouldn't be the first or last time it has happened.  If I am, just how did you intend that statement to be understood?  Perhaps I (and many others here) have a grave misconception of the symbol and its intent/meaning.

As far as the Catholic Church paying for abortions, that would be like the NRA or the GOP donating money to anti-gunner organizations, George Soros, the Democtatic Party and other liberal organizations.  It aint gonna happen.

And what does the NAACP (National Association for the Advancement of Colored People) have to do with this???
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:59:50 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgat1r5

What if a woman miscarries by natural causes?  Should she face an inquisition and sodium pentothal injection to find out if she "really" miscarried, or if she just took some gray-market RU-486?

I think all women recovering from the loss of a miscarriage should be interrogated.  It may psychologically scar them for life, but what difference does a little emotional turmoil make when you're saving cute little babies?

Don't be silly.  A msicarriage is an accident, abortion is in tentional preplanned murder.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 1:00:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Don't bump uglies or use contraceptives when having sex.  

Sperm plus eggs=Baby

Simple math.

Max
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top