BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2005 10:26:00 AM EDT
The most liberal city in the USA!

www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/8/26/121718.shtml
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:28:07 AM EDT
[#1]
If you consider that a reason, it is the only reason.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:30:30 AM EDT
[#2]
At least felons can't vote or elections wouldn't be as close.

After I get a few years of work experience under my belt, I'm high-tailing my conservative ass to fort worth texas
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:31:31 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

After I get a few years of work experience under my belt, I'm high-tailing my conservative ass to fort worth texas

Te habla espanol?

We welcome more EBR owners to the state
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:36:10 AM EDT
[#4]
It's a good thing their voter turnout is so low.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:40:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Yep, and they make political policy for the rest of the state.  If it weren't for Detroit, Michigan would likely be another New Hampshire.  Detroit is a sess pool of filth and corruption.  Look at the mayor they elected - he's more of a pimp than politician.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:57:06 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm originally from MI, but have been gone a long time. Recently got lost and drove around parts of Detroit (hwy construction, took sign for detour, missed exit, etc.) the neighborhoods I drove through (thank God it was early morning) were complete 3rd world hell holes: nothing but burnt out shells, borded up businesses, operating liquor stores, and lots of tall grass/overgrown lots.

As a teen I had spent Saturdays helping feed the poor on the North side. Even then things seemed just depressed, but saveable. Nowadays it's like crossing an international border after you pass 8mile. Thing I kept thinking was...why can't the city just buy up whole swaths of the now depressed land and bulldoze?

Surely the political base can't last? Couldn't developers move in and create gated ghettos or high rises? Such a shame to see a major city burnt out and just decaying like that. The people seemed totally demoralized, nothing new was being built. Heck, even in Mexico city, with all its grinding poverty, you can see families working to improve their homes etc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top