Don't know if anyone's posted this yet.

Jarhead the movie
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:19:47 PM EDT
[#1]
hope its decent but i have my doubts
besides everything pales to FMJ
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:26:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I think there's a thread in the movie forum. I read the book--well, what I could stomach. I quit and took it back to the library half-way into it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:35:37 PM EDT
[#3]
The guy who wrote the book is a tool.  IMO, this movie (like the book) will make our guys look bad.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 1:25:27 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I think there's a thread in the movie forum. I read the book--well, what I could stomach. I quit and took it back to the library half-way into it.

I agree totally...........   Book was nothing but this guy's mindless ramblings....  
Was hoping for some good stories, things that happened that you don't often read about.
What a real disappointment.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 2:09:51 AM EDT
[#5]
3 of the stars are raging liberals.....probably all of them but 3 for sure.

What's that tell you about how it'll play??
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 2:14:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Move this to the Movie Forum.

And from there to the outhouse.

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 2:15:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Who's the director?  Michael Moore?
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 3:14:49 AM EDT
[#8]
i'm waiting for "flags of our fathers" by clint eastwood. why hollyweird picked this shitbird to make a movie out of is beyond me...well, not really, but there are so many other GOOD books they could butcher like "generation kill".

i still think michael yon's writings would make a helluva good movie!
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:03:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Read the book. Thought it was shit (Jarhead that is).
Flags of Our Fathers was a great read.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top