Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2005 5:49:56 PM EDT
Guys I have recently moved. I was thinking about getting some kind of termite  protection or something like that. The house was built in 1996. It has had termites once and was repaired and retreated. That was in my house buying disclosure. . Every time I turn over a big rock or dead wood in my yard there is always termites under it. I called for a price quote for  termite control. Terminix wants $1200   for first year and $300 per year after that. They claim they use a certain type of poision and other companys use brand X.. ect.... And there's is tested to be the best.. Bla bla bla........Sales pitch deal. But he did give me some universitys websites to look up independant testing on several brands and systems. Also with this set up I am suppose to have 100% replacement on any damage by termites. I haven't read that in the contract yet. I haven't gotten that serious yet.... Well , any pros and cons out there for fighting them bugs????TIA WarDawg
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:26:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Shop around, I had the same problem as you and found Terminix to be twice as much as everyone else (gotta pay for all the advertising and branding somehow). I went with a local company that basically did the same thing as Terminix would've done, just without all the bells, whistles and sales pitch. Cleared the problem up in less than a year, and I pay them $85 a year ongoing to continue monitoring the stations for any future infestations.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:37:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Definitely shop around. I had one thief from "Falcon Pest", try to sell me a 2300.00 sentricon system. Then it would be 90.00 a quarter to check for activity at the stations. I had just purchased the house at the time, so I then called the company the previous owners used, "Hometeam Pest Defence". They laughed and could not believe how much the other thief tried to get out of me. Hometeam charged me 95.00 and that included the 65.00 for the first quarter.

Shop around!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top