Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 8/23/2005 1:34:48 PM EDT
I live in a new neighborhood with a fair amount of construction. In the past I've asked some of the workers to stop using water from my faucet, as I have to pay for that.

Well today they started construction on the lot next to me. They have unscrewed my hose and have been using my water throughout the day (I can hear them turn it on). No one speaks english, and their boss is never around when I am.

So I am going to print out a sign. Can someone tell me how to properly spell "THIS WATER IS NOT FREE. DO NOT USE" in spanish?

Thanks!!!

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:36:49 PM EDT
[#1]
This thread is just asking for it.

DRAW DOWN
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:36:56 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I live in a new neighborhood with a fair amount of construction. In the past I've asked some of the workers to stop using water from my faucet, as I have to pay for that.

Well today they started construction on the lot next to me. They have unscrewed my hose and have been using my water throughout the day (I can hear them turn it on). No one speaks english, and their boss is never around when I am.

So I am going to print out a sign. Can someone tell me how to properly spell "THIS WATER IS NOT FREE. DO NOT USE" in spanish?

Thanks!!!

Why haven't you taken pictures and called the cops?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:37:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd say if they were taking your water they are likely to take something else.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:37:57 PM EDT
[#4]

HELLO!?  THEY Would use my water ONE TIME and that would be the last time!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:38:11 PM EDT
[#5]
You must be shitting me. If you can hear it being turned on, why the hell aren't you out there turning it off?
Put a lock on it.
Better yet, temporarily replace your hose bib with a plug.
Get the name / number of the Contractor and send him a bill.
Call the Police for Theft.
Call the Building Permit bureau and report them.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:38:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Thanks!!!

All it needs to say is "I WORK FOR LA MIGRA."
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:38:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Toque este grifo de agua otra vez y yo mataré a su madre, el padre, y 8 niños.

Epoch

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:38:19 PM EDT
[#8]
ESTA AGUA NO ESTÁ LIBRE NO UTILIZA
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:39:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Remove the handle and report it as trespassing.

I hope that my participation in this thread doesn't get it locked.

eta
+1 on send the contractor a bill and threaten to put a lein on the property

asking would be a different story but if they are just taking it ......fuckem
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:39:47 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

jesus man, thats funny as hell. kill his mother, father, and 8 children
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:40:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Alto, cueolos, yo soy la migra!

Sheep
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:40:45 PM EDT
[#12]
If they are just getting a drink, don't be a prick.

If they are watering plants, refilling radiators, and so on, then shut them down.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:40:52 PM EDT
[#13]
uhh can't you turn off the faucet from the inside?  Every home I've ever owned/lived in had an internal valve before the water got to the outside.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:40:57 PM EDT
[#14]
"NO HABLA ESPANOL" + round of 12 gauge round being chambered should take care of it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:41:21 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
You must be shitting me. If you can hear it being turned on, why the hell aren't you out there turning it off?
Put a lock on it.
Better yet, temporarily replace your hose bib with a plug.
Get the name / number of the Contractor and send him a bill.
Call the Police for Theft.
Call the Building Permit bureau and report them.

+1, or just shut the supply off.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:41:56 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Remove the handle and report it as trespassing.

I hope that my participation in this thread doesn't get it locked.

eta
+1 on send the contractor a bill and threaten to put a lein on the property

asking would be a different story but if they are just taking it ......fuckem

If it's a construction job I'm sure they have access to a crescent wrench.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:42:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Put a sign on it that says this:

Agua envenenada.

Para la matanza de insecto sólo.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:43:15 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

If they are watering plants, refilling radiators, and so on, then shut them down.

How about you pay his huge ass water bill.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:43:19 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

They didn't ask, thats stealing. Maybe your ok with people stealing from you, but we're not.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:43:41 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

jesus man, thats funny as hell. kill his mother, father, and 8 children

ok, maybe too much... How about this?

Este grifo es conectado a mi tanque séptica.

translation: This faucet is connected to my septic tank.  

Epoch
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:44:08 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Thanks!!!

Take the knob off your faucet. That's the universal expression for 'DON'T USE MY WATER'
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:44:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Just wondering how you know they are Mexicans?

If they don't speak english and you don't speak spanish......

they could be Chinese and work for Wal Mart !
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:44:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Trabajo para la parada de la inmigración de los E.E.U.U. que roba mi agua de mierda o su jobsite tendrá muchos problemas.

I work for US immigration stop stealing my fucking water or your jobsite will have many problems.

Enjoy!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:44:15 PM EDT
[#24]
I'll be honest with you this would happen just one time at my house only. They walk on your property and turn on your hose next to your house. Your a very tolerant man , much more then me
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:45:05 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
ESTA AGUA NO ESTÁ LIBRE NO UTILIZA

Actually should be "Esta agua no es gratis"  Libre is like free as in freedom
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:45:43 PM EDT
[#26]
they steal your water... steal there green cards
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:45:52 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Epoch

LOL, Hooked to my Sh*ter LOL

Put up a sign asking if they'd like some I.C.E with that.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:46:04 PM EDT
[#28]
It's only WATER.   Is it that big of a deal?

So either cut off the outside spigots, or offer to run a hose over to them so they don't have to go into your yard.

I certainly wouldn't want them just wandering in and TAKING my property.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:46:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:46:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:46:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:46:21 PM EDT
[#32]
+1  Just shut the water off inside, I'm sure you've got a shut off valve.  Then tell the a55hats to go buy some.

Quoted:
uhh can't you turn off the faucet from the inside?  Every home I've ever owned/lived in had an internal valve before the water got to the outside.

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:47:11 PM EDT
[#33]
You might as well let them use it.  Anything else is going to get more of your stuff stolen or damaged and, possibly, you thrown in jail for a hate crime.  Hey, at least they're working.  Just send an invoice to the contractor along with plenty of photos.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:47:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Get a sign that says the water has tested extemely high in mercury.  Spanish of course.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:48:28 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
www.lockpeople.com/hose_bib1.gif
Hose Bib Lock

Couldn't you just unscrew that by turning the lock?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:48:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Guys building next to my house have undermined my garden wall, exposed my feeder line to my garden and are now undermining my foundation. I spoke to them at lunch with positive results. All will be made right or code enforcement will be called. In our town those guys are absolute nazi's.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:49:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Got a 3D cell maglite?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:49:10 PM EDT
[#38]
I hope they have a portable toilet on the job site.  If not you're likely to get your water back.  Those guys work hard but damn they are filthy.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:50:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Hell you should be out there with a big pitcher of ice water or bottle water for a buck a bottle or something.  You can make some money off this and get a new AR15! W00t!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:50:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Let them see you taking a piss on the hose bib.

ETA: After eating lots of Cheerios.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:52:33 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

If I was him, I would amenable to giving them a drink on occasion if asked.  However, when they come over and just start taking it, then the hospitality factor plummets to ZERO, immediately.  Get the f*** off my property and stay off!

If that's being a prick, then hey, I'm a prick.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:52:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Here's a great little website...  Free english to spanish translator!

make your own sign!!!

Now get creative

EPOCH

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:52:58 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hose Bib Lock

No.

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:56:07 PM EDT
[#44]
That same shit happened to me when the house next door was under construction.  I called and the contractor twice and got his voicemail and he never returned my calls.  The last time it happened was when the landscaping people used my driveway and faucet to clean their tools and equipment, leaving me a big pile of mud and muck.  I chewed the ass of the contractor and the owner of the landscaping company.  Shortly after my bull mastiff "accidently got out" of the backyard and sent all the mexicans scrambling up the scaffolding.

Trespass their asses or notify the police they are stealing from you.  I like the idea of sending the contractor a bill and threatning to put a lien on the house.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:56:20 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

make your own sign!!!

Now get creative

EPOCH

It doesn't work.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:56:35 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Got a 3D cell maglite?

Ouch.  I'm not even from AZ. . .but I know what you're implying.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:57:51 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hose Bib Lock

No.

www.lockpeople.com/hose_bib_pic1.gif

Wouldn't the outer housing just rotate with the threaded part as you twist it off by turning the lock?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:00:28 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Wouldn't the outer housing just rotate with the threaded part as you twist it off by turning the lock?

Jesus.

Help reduce liability and insurance claims, avoid insurance premium increases.

You can not remove this lock by turning it. The thread is 3/4" Garden Hose thread, this thread is the North American standard. If you take a tape measure to your faucet, it will appear to be about 1 inch, but is still called 3/4" Garden Hose Thread.

The Hose Bibb Lockout (Water Faucet Lock) is a hose bibb locking system comprised of two parts, a threaded section with a rotating flange, and a smooth cover with a slot for the flange. The rotating flange has a hole to accept the lock. To lock a hose, screw the threaded section onto the hose bibb (faucet), place the cover over top with the flange on the threaded section protruding through the slot of the smooth section, and place your lock through the hole. The lock now prevents removal of the smooth section. At this point, when the smooth section is rotated, it only turns the rotating flange of the threaded section; consequently, the threaded section cannot be removed without removing the lock.

Read on, McDuff!

I've installed dozens of these over the last 25 years. No complaints except from folks who lose the keys.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:02:16 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

make your own sign!!!

Now get creative

EPOCH

It doesn't work.

Now it does.

Pare utilizando mi assholes de agua que jode

"Stop using my fucking water assholes!"

¡Su padre era un hámster, y su madre olida de edelberries, ahora se va y no regresa, ni yo le incitaré para un segundo tiempo, usted knugget español!

"Your father was a hamster, and your mother smelled of edelberries, now go away and don't come back, or I will taunt you for a second time, you spanish knugget!"
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:02:24 PM EDT
[#50]
repipe that faucet to spit out poison
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top