Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2005 10:08:02 AM EDT
Please state an intelligent reason why we should cut and run. I hear it all the time but I dont see any reasons why it would be good for us.

For those who want to bring em home now please explain why it a good idea.

For those who think its a bad idea please explain.

Frr me I want to bring em home but we need to finish the job first. If the Iraqs blow it (I think they will) at least we know we gave 110% and then some so any problems they have is on their heads.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:16:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Small hijack:

I am not a bring 'em home guy, but I am starting to think we traded a secular dictator for religious extremists.

I hope it turns out for the best.

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:17:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I understand the idea of having a pro-western country in the heart of the middle east, but I've been really wondering lately why we keep pussy-footing around here.  I agree with Bush that this is a war and has been for a long time.  But for some reason we keep arresting these assholes and sending them to prisons.  I think that these folks only understand pain and fear and will eagerly follow the one with the loudest voice.  I doubt we can win their hearts and minds.  
Too late now to cut and run, but this will continue to be a quagmire as long as we keep up the facade of being peacekeepers.  
I've seen many comparisons to Vietnam, but the one that sticks out is how Nixon (who inherited a Democratic war) finally stopped listening to the "police action" crap and launched Operation Linebacker intending to bomb the North to the peace table.  Many years later, North Vietnamese authorities admitted they were close to giving in when "Deep Throat" (that great American hero) brought the Nixon administration down and the fallout cost the lives of millions of innocents.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:21:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I am against the notion for the simple reason that I don't like losing. If we just quit without sticking this out, that's how we'll be viewed by the world....as losers.

And what losing would entail in this particular case is simply unacceptable. I say to hell with all this defeatist BS I've been hearing lately.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:23:04 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I am against the notion for the simple reason that I don't like losing. If we just quit without sticking this out, that's how we'll be viewed by the world....as losers.

And what losing would entail in this particular case is simply unacceptable. I say to hell with all this defeatist BS I've been hearing lately.

AMEN!!!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:25:44 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Bingo.  It's not that I am greatly satisfied by the outcome of the conflict, but to turn around and run would be the most devistating thing we could do in the face of the wider conflict.  It will seal or image as a impatient enemy with a glass jaw.  Land a few good hits and wait us out and we'll give up cause it's too hard.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:30:17 AM EDT
[#6]
We must stick it out. I did not really like the idea of helping others in the first place though. If you are not going to activly do for yourself I wont come in to save you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top