Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2005 9:17:54 PM EDT
Please no bashing others ideas (I know its GD)

Since we all have our opinions on what we think should be done in the WOT, lets hear em. Sure none of us are expert but lets hear some opinions since I am sure we all have our idiaes how to handle the WOT. Some may say its foolish to do this but even they have an opinion on what to do or how to do it.

I expressed mine in another thread but will paste it here.

We need to smak them down and keep them down. They cannot be trusted. Slam dunk them, then every year drop a big one in their desert (50kt should be enough) just to remind them who we are. We need to fight this like Sherman and Grant fought the South. Any nation that has people dancing in the streets or openly calling for our destruction should be dealt with swiftly. If there really are those who are for peace, they will soon learn to police their own. Until they police their own radicals, we should presume they dont mind the nutjobs speaking for them and therefore support them. After some smak down they will get the point. Its all they know and respect. They actually respond well to brute force.

After we keep em down, we continuously drop leaflets over them showing them that its the fault of the radicals who are to blame. They live by rhetoric, they respond to those who repeat it the most. They need to hear somethign else. If we get nailed again by a terrorist, we find out what people are cheering in the streets, we nail em right away. Soon they will be falling over themselves to keep their nutjobs in check.

Thats the ONLY way IMHO opinion.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:21:10 PM EDT
[#1]
damn double post...
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:21:59 PM EDT
[#2]
If I had it my way, Iraq, Iran, Afgan and all them Terrorist supporting nations would be making glass products for the US and our foreign friends...
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:26:11 PM EDT
[#3]
As much as I hate to say it, the "Swordfish" strategy comes to mind.

One of the myths of the 1990's was that terrorist groups like Al Qaeda don't have state sponsors.  Bullshit.  Sudan, Afghanistan, and Iran have all hosted Al Qaeda.  Hamas and Islamic Jihad are backed by Syria.  Hezbollah by Syria and Iran.  For political and practical reasons, we may not be able to directly attack Iran or Syria, but we can use the same dirty tactics they use against them.  

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:28:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Close our borders to all visitors from the Ummah.
Mass deportation of all non-Cit muslims, 4 years ago.
Investigation of every single Jihad front-group in the USA, and deportation of their membership regardless of citizenship status.
Purge the State Dept of all the Arabists.
Investigate all Saudi $ ties to current FedGov civil servants. Fire'em.
Return to the requirement for the registration as a Foreign Agent, sentencing minimums for those who don't / won't.
Targeted assassinations of all Wahabists and the razing of their madrassas, across the globe.
Destruction of the House of Saud.
A purge of all Saudi-funded Education centers and dept chairs in American academia.

And a scourge of NOI, for good measure.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:44:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Shoot first ask questions later.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:19:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Close our borders to all visitors from the Ummah.
Mass deportation of all non-Cit muslims, 4 years ago.
Investigation of every single Jihad front-group in the USA, and deportation of their membership regardless of citizenship status.
Purge the State Dept of all the Arabists.
Investigate all Saudi $ ties to current FedGov civil servants. Fire'em.
Return to the requirement for the registration as a Foreign Agent, sentencing minimums for those who don't / won't.
Targeted assassinations of all Wahabists and the razing of their madrassas, across the globe.
Destruction of the House of Saud.
A purge of all Saudi-funded Education centers and dept chairs in American academia.

And a scourge of NOI, for good measure.

I agree with all of this, but would do so in conjunction with a HUGE government program to develop alternative fuels and giant grants to car manufacturers to build new plants for hybrid production, etc.  

Because if the whole "overthrow the house of Saud" thing backfires, you better believe we'll be nostalgically wishing for the happy days of cheap $65 barrels of oil, because those fuckers would put the screws to us.  

.. given that, I'd add "Take over all the small arab countries that have lots of oil on the arabian peninsula" like Kuwait, Qatar, Yemen, etc.  Shouldn't be too hard at all.  If we give them a benevolent dictatorship (with some trusted U.S. muslims as governors) the average citizen in those countries might not even mind so much.

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:33:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Can't we just kick their ass and take the oil?

Seems pretty simple to me
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:36:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I'm am always AMAZED that we continually kiss the ass of the Saudis, when we could pretty much just take over their country in 15 minutes, depose their tyrannical government - and steal their oil.

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:15:18 AM EDT
[#9]
The war on terror is un-winnable unless you become
more ruthless then those who oppose you .

Identify a terrorist either through capture in the act
or by their remains . Once identified you need to exterminate
their family out to one generation .  Doing this takes
the individuality out of the equation and raises the price
paid to more then just their own life .  It also destroys
the hero/martyr aspect since it removes those who
mourn and remember their act of sacrifice the longest .

Sure it's brutal , but it's no less brutal then giving
100,000 people a ten thousand degree tan for the acts
of a few , and it would surely be more effective .

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:28:06 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm am always AMAZED that we continually kiss the ass of the Saudis, when we could pretty much just take over their country in 15 minutes, depose their tyrannical government - and steal their oil.

The Saudis know that too.  Their whole production infrastructure is mined and boobytrapped. They'll blow it all up before they'd let anyone steal their oil.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top