Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2005 7:35:32 PM EDT
Im a gun guy not a PC guy so I need help.. Have no volume on my speakers. Ive checked everything I know of. All plugged in, nothing muted... Im stumped..Everything has been fine...I am not having any other pc problems but this one.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:43:07 PM EDT
[#1]
You might conisder posting your operating system and sound card.

Assuming windows, you might check in Device Manager to see if the device is enabled.  Recheck to make sure that mute is not enabled.  Check your speakers themselves to see if they died.  Wal-mart sells cheap $15 speakers that can be easily returned if that is not the problem.

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:46:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Make sure the speakers work by plugging them into a stereo. Check power, settings, and the sound card. Also check the sound card (after the speakers) with new speakers. Sometimes they just don't work together.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:46:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Sit back and put both of your hands on the sides of your head. Now with as much force as you can muster into your facial mucles, stare intently at the speakers thinking positive thoughts. Use the hand you are dextrous with and reach forth and with your fingers in a half fist with much tension, hold it in front of the speakers.

Shut your eyes and imagine seeing mushroom clouds and fire mixed with the sounds of rabbits getting killed.

Keep your hand stretched forth until it shakes violently like an epileptic on crack and snarl and make intense faces. It should feel like a vein is gonna pop in your head. If dont correctly your nose should be bleeding now.

Now relax. Sit back for a few moments and hope the curtains were shut or no one else was around. I did tell you to shut the curtains or make sure no one else was around right? Oh well lets see if it worked.

Press the button on the speakers and say "Computer,     play music" if nothing happens repeat this a few times. Make sure to speak in a clear and concise manner, also do it in a polite manner as well.

Did it work?

If not try gently massaging it with a  baseball bat.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:55:34 PM EDT
[#4]
If you installed Real Media Player, open it up and make sure you turn up the volume on that.  

If not

Open up Control Panel
Select   Sounds and Audio Devices
Look for the button that says ADVANCED
Click on it
Make sure you have volume there and nothing is muted.

Also, if you have an onboard soundchip on the motherboard, make sure that is disabled as it can cause conflicts.   If this is the case, refer to the Motherboard Manual or if its a Dell/Gateway etc you can probably find how to do it on one of their FAQ's.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top